Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know none of us are doctors, but since there's no infection, and the knee showed up like a big black ball on the bone scan ..... any ideas as to what this might be?
abby
 
Good morning friends .... well the orbital cellulitis is gone - hooray! I've thrown out all my eye makeup and just got what I need which is 2 pieces, instead of the 20 very old ones I had! I see my Orthopedic Surgeon this afternoon. He left a message that there was no infection and to call him back to discuss it ....... huh-uh, that doesn't work for me. I want a sit down, eye to eye, conversation about something this important. So, I'll be there at 1:45 and then I have some errands to run. I'll let you all know what he says. I can't imagine what could be wrong, but that knee was a big black ball on the bone scan ..... creepy. Any ideas?
Jozilla .... this is probably a dumb question, but can I ask what that picture is on your avatar? Thanks much.
Take care all .......
abby
 
It is a Ferris wheel in Ocean City New Jersey. One of my favorite beach areas. I took it with my granddaughter who was visiting with us in South Jersey. Very safe and old fashioned beach/boardwalk area. Just my speed! Good luck today!
 
That is so funny, Abby!! You made my day. Xoxo
 
Jozilla ...... I was trying to figure out what kind of surgery you'd had to make it look so odd. Even wondered if you'd had some sort of metal plates sewn over your knee! As I think of it now, wow, was I seeing odd things!
abby
 
I just got home from my OS. He got the results of the blood and knee cultures, and they were both fine. He consulted with one of his colleagues, and neither of them know exactly what the diagnosis would be. They just did not know. The only other possible option would be Lyme Disease since I had that 4 years ago. I would be very surprised if it was Lyme, simply because it's only in one knee, it has not gravitated to any other part of the body, no headache, nor any of the other Lyme symptoms like I had 4 years ago. He suggested I see another OS, which I'm going to do, and he will send him all of his records and information.
I am very discouraged. It's been over a year now, and am I to just live with this for the rest of my life?
Just very down right now. Thanks for listening.
abby :sick:
 
Abby, I'm sorry you're feeling so down. :console2:

It is good news that there is no infection in your eye and none in your knee. I was told many years ago to throw out old mascara and eye shadow, as they can become carriers of infection.

Just take the knee investigation from day to day, and go through all the tests, to see if a cause can be found for your problems.
 
Thanks Celle ..... I won't deny that I'm discouraged. I know it's not Lyme .... when I had it 4 years ago it acted totally different. So, I'll get yet another blood test, make the appointment with the new doctor, and my OS is going to write him a letter, and I've got x-rays and the bone scan DVD to give him.

I hope I don't have to live with this forever ..... I won't be able to do anything. I know one thing, if I am to live with this permanently, I'll get myself a little first floor apartment, and I won't be moving to VA.

Thank you so much for your kind note.
abby
 
Just got home from having the blood draw. Now I'll see. Been thinking how life has changed since my divorce .... first the crooked financial adviser who basically stole a lot of my Dad's inheritance from me - that totally changed my life, then the 2 meniscectomies, the TKR, the surgery to remove the scar tissue, and now this.
Well, better go .... not too much to say.
Hugz to all,
Abby
 
Thanks for updating, Abby. I understand your frustration. Unfortunately life doesn't always end up the way we envisioned or planned it. We can just try and adjust and do the best we can. In the end I have to believe that it will be good and I am more fortunate than many. Xoxo
 
Abby,
Just checking in to see how you are? Have you received the results of your blood test?
Reading about the finanical advisor makes my blood boil:tantrum2:, so sorry you had to go through something like that.
(((((( Hugs)))))) :console2:
 
Thank you Pumpkin ..... My O.S. is sending me to another O.S. for a second opinion. The blood and knee draws were all clean - no infection. Now he had me get a blood test for Lyme Disease. I'd be totally shocked if that was what it was ... I had that 4 years ago and it was nothing like this, but we'll see. He is covering all the bases, that's for sure. I'm trying to keep focused on this is just the way it's going to be, so that if it can be corrected, I'll be pleasantly surprised. So many people are so much worse than I am - I have nothing to complain about. My whole family, which isn't very big, are having a 4th of July celebration, including my sil's mother, and my son's girlfriend, whom no one has met yet. So, I admit I do feel sort of left out, but I can't drive that far right now.
I'm going to call the new O.S. to set up an appt. with him, in hopes my regular O.S. has written that letter to him explaining my situation. I'll let you know ..... thank you so much for asking.
Take care,
abby
 
Hang in there Abby. I am glad you are seeing another OS. There will be other times to spend with your family but I know how disappointing missing things is. I sure hope the new OS can help you with your knee! All the best - don't forget your bonesmart family is always here! I am off to our camper for the weekend. It really isn't like camping. It's a two bedroom house on wheels. Central air, bathroom, tv's, kitchen and even wifi. It is in the middle of a state forest. I enjoy the quiet and have more friends there than home. I love my Philadelphia neighbors!! Take care and hope you have a good weekend. Xoxo
 
Jozilla .... so you live in Philadelphia? That's where I was born until my family moved to Reading, then I moved to Lancaster. We lived in Philly during the war when my Dad worked in the Naval Yard and lived in the homes they provided. I understand the area in which I lived is one of the worst now ..... Hoyt Terrace.
Small world.
abby
take care and thanks so much for writing .....
(and WHAT is that thing on your knee?):heehee:
 
Haha. That is the Ocean City Ferris wheel knee brace! I live in New York but camper is in South Jersey - all my neighbors tethered are from Philly and I live those people! I fit right in with their personalities. And have the most in common with than any other people I have met. We are in the middle of Jersey - half an hour to Atlantic Ocean or 40 minutes to Philly. We are on our way down and it is pouring! Weekend is supposed to be sunny though! Take care!
 
Oh how I envy you. We used to go to Cape May or Stone Harbor. Here I go to Rehoboth Beach, DE. Do enjoy.
abby
 
I live Cape May. It is one of my must go places when I am down for a week. I have heard good things about Rehoboth Beach too. We used to spend a lot of time on the Eastern Shore in Virginia. Probably would say its my second most favorite place. Xoxo
 
I love going to Rehoboth, both for the beach and the many shops, and ...... some of the entertainment.
I guess you get my drift. It's their haven.
abby
 
I just read, and responded to, a post from WCWI who talked about problems he has had with his knee ..... the DePuy Rotating Platform Knee .... the same one I have. Hmmmmmm ....... makes me wonder if that's what is going on with mine. I have not made the appt. yet with the new doctor for a second opinion, but I think I'd better do that Monday. Apparently a revision with one of these means removing the whole thing and essentially starting over, I guess with a different type of knee.
abby
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom