Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ... That's exactly what I plan to do. My Opth. opens at 9, and I will call until I get them. Next is calling my O.S. I find it unconscionable that someone from the O.S.'s staff (of which there are plenty) doesn't at least call the patient to set up an appt. Talk about doctors thinking they're God! I know they're busy people, but with a staff that big??? Hmmmmmm .............. :chinstroke:
abby
 
My GP's office is good about follow up and calling, my GP said if you do not hear from us CALL!
Even offices that are good about calling can overlook a patient.
I will be glad when you are seen by the eye doctor, and have that OS appointment set up.
Frustrating when it ends up on our shoulders, but in the end, we are the only ones who truly care about our health.
 
Hi ... That's exactly what I plan to do. My Opth. opens at 9, and I will call until I get them. Next is calling my O.S. I find it unconscionable that someone from the O.S.'s staff (of which there are plenty) doesn't at least call the patient to set up an appt. Talk about doctors thinking they're God! I know they're busy people, but with a staff that big??? Hmmmmmm .............. :chinstroke:
abby

I guess it just means that we have to be pro-active on behalf of our own health. After all, there's nobody it matters to as much as it does to us!
 
Abby,

I would do anything for my Mom! She lives 2 1/2 hours away and I wish she lived next door! My parents raised me to be respectful, I'm sure you did the same, now don't be afraid to ask them for anything! I have to drag stuff of Mom when she needs help. Sometimes, the parent feels like we are just too busy; well no we aren't. Ask us and we will find a way to help. Mom had fallen a few years ago breaking up tree branches in the middle of July. She broke her wrist so badly that it was off to one side. A man had been helping her but took a load of limbs to the dump and then decided it was time for lunch and a nap! Mom passed out, and she said when she came to she found a way to make it back to the house. She tried to call the man, but he had turned his phone off so he wouldn't be disturbed during his nap! Did she bother to call me? No! She waited until he came back 4 hours later! I could have been there, taken her to the ER and been out to "chat" with the man in that amount of time!

Point of my story?

Your kids don't know you need them if you don't ask them. :console2:
 
Hi Abby,
Just checking in to see how you are getting along?
Hope your eye is doing better, and you are on your way to finding answers to your painful knee.
:flwrysmile:
 
UPDATE ..... I think I just wrote this on someone else's thread. I'm not sure how to get to my own without messing up someone elses .... help????
I have an appt. with my O.S. on June 2 and I'll see what he says. I plan also to get a second opinion from a different doctor whose name I got from my P.T.
The orbital cellulitis is slowly clearing up, but it's a long process. He wants me to call Tuesday and let him know how I am and he might want me to come in. If it's not the way he wants it, then it's the hospital for IV's of some sort of strong antibiotic. Holy Cow ..... I'm falling apart! :kittymilk::doggie:
abby
 
Glad you have a follow up appt with your OS on the second, and a plan for a second opinion.:yay:
Sorry to hear about the orbital cellulits, sounds like no fun. Hope the antibiotics you are on take care of it and you do not have to go to hospital for IV's.
Put a link to your thread in your signature, that will make it easier for you and others to find your thread.
:fasthorse:
 
Hi Pumpkin .....
I'm pretty much a "non tech" person. How do I put a link on my thread? Duh....................
abby


:shrug:
 
Rest Assured ..... your note hit the nail on the head. Both my girls live 4 hours away and my son is an hour but he works 6 days a week and often at home at night. I've really never asked them for anything. Nuts? I know, but it's true. I even have it figured out that if I do have to have a revision, I'm coming right home instead of going to a rehab. (after my last experience), and have Visiting Angels come in maybe 2-3 mornings a week to do laundry, make a meal or two that I can have for the next few nights. Always a plan .........
abby
 
Hi Abby - I am glad you saw the eye specialist and are being treated and monitored. I hope the antibiotic he gave you helps and you don't need to go into the hospital! but whatever it takes to get you better you have to do!! I am glad you have an appointment with your OS too and am looking forward to hearing what he says!

Take care - I am camping and have limited wifi! XoxoJoAnne
 
Hi Jozilla ..... camping, huh. You're a better woman than I am my friend. My x-husband and all our kids used to love to camp. Me? Not so much. I always said, why should we pack everything up to sleep on the ground in the woods, when we live in the woods with nice soft beds? Yes, my eye is definitely better and I am so thankful. My Opthalmologist told me my Internist was very sharp to pick up on what it was. Now in the AM it's not swollen anymore, and not nearly as red. I'm delighted. It's still somewhat blurry, but improving. Now we deal with the old knee.
Take care of yourself and I'll talk to you soon.
abby
 
Me too! I'm very grateful. Now I'll see what my O.S. has to say about my knee!
abby
:happydance:
 
Relieved to hear your eye is healing, Whew!
Looking forward to hearing what your OS has to say about your knee.
 
Hi Pumpkin ..... Me too! I'll talk to him Tues. Re. my OS ..... for some reason right now I feel like smacking him. No idea why ..... just frustrated with this knee I guess, although I know it's probably not his fault. I'm tired of limping around and wearing that elastic brace thing. Oh well, compared to a lot of other folks, I have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Take care my friend ....
abby
 
Hi again Pumpkin ..... forgot to tell you that I did contact Visiting Angels today about how much it cost per hour. It's 18.50. If I would have her 2 mornings per week for about 2-3 hours, even though I'd have to pinch the budget more, I think I could make it for a week or two. I'm planning to go right home when released from the hospital IF I need any surgery. We'll see.
abby
 
You only feel like smacking him, I had much worse thoughts in my head:yikes: about my primary OS.
I got over it, I was only wearing out myself.
Glad you are in contact with Visiting Angels, that is a good hourly price. The first week or two at home is the hardest, by then you should be able to take care of yourself.
Don't forget home health will be in, you can ask for assistance from an aide for bathing, and be sure to ask for what ever additional services home health can provide, since your insurance will be paying.
Hopefully what ever it is will be easily addressed, in any case you have a good plan in place.
:friends:
 
You're right Pumpkin .... never thought about the home health care that came in .... a nurse came 2x a week to take my BP and a P.T. came 2x a week. I'll have to find out about other services that can be provided. Thanks for the reminder.
abby
 
Hi there ...... well, tomorrow I call my Opthalmologist to let him know how my eye is. After reading again about it on the NIH website, I'm pretty rattled. Not good.
And this knee! I will be glad to know what in the world is going on in there. Surely there's something or it wouldn't hurt like it does. I keep thinking he's going to say, "there's nothing wrong in there," at which point I'd probably stand up and scream "well then why does it hurt?" Well, I probably wouldn't do it that way, but I absolutely would say it. After that I'll make an appt. for a second opinion.
Guess I'd better crawl into bed. Take care everyone.
abby
 
Abby,
I hope your eye is doing better, sounded like it was healing in a previous post. I read about it too, glad you are got it taken care of ASAP.

"well then why does it hurt?"
That would get his attention! Perhaps say the same thing, but leave out the screaming.
I think a second opinion is in order regardless of what the OS says, just to re assure you that the diagnosis is accurate.
Have a good nites :sleep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom