Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

MUA Steelergal's Recovery Thread

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'll just keep doing what I can and hope my ROM continues to improve after the first year!
That is possible.
One of our members, Campervan, found at 6 years post-op that her ROM had continued to increase. This is her record of slow, but steady, improvement:

"I had a slow recovery. Here's my flex measurements at various points:
92 - 8 weeks post op
105 - 10 weeks
107 - 5 months
110 - 6 months
112 - 7 months
116 - 9 months
119 - 11 months
118 - 1 yr
120 - 1yr 2 months
125 - 1 yr 8 months
128 – 6 years "

OP
OP
Steelergal

Steelergal

Country
United States United States
Hi @Celle! Yes, I've seen this a few times. And it's encouraging, but way different from my experience. I wasn't even close to 92 degrees until almost 4 months post-op and after an MUA. And then I've SLOWLY gotten a bit better, but now at 10 months, I am only at roughly 105 (where she was at 10 weeks!) when I'm warm and stretched, and that's been the case for the last few months. I just can't seem to move forward and have it "stick" so I can continue to progress. But I'm trying not to give up hope!

And to be honest, I don't even care anymore what my ROM gets to. I just want to walk down stairs like a normal person. That's all I want!

lovetocookandsew

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
I totally hear that! I am in the same boat-while I've never had my ROM measured, my OS eyeballed it at 90 degrees tops at my last visit. I want to ride my bike, swim and go up and down stairs like an adult! But, your ROM can still improve, and likely will as time goes on. Because I'm at 2 years, and my knee is still swollen for some unknown reason, it won't improve. But, you still have plenty of time for improvement, so don't give up hope.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
VSing
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom