Lounge Doctor

THR Spex10 in recovery

cannygirl

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Oh I agree but I have complicated meds having had Cushings and this working in Orthopaedics may not be used to it. I’ve just looked up one steo https://onestep.co/ and I think you can sign up - you just don’t get the 1st month free. I have been so impressed with my physical therapist. The assessment by zoom, the regular contact, tweaking the exercises etc. I wish I had started so much earlier. The book that I was issepued at the Spire gave exercises that I tried and set myself back! I’m only just ready for them recently.

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
It's two weeks today since my op. I'm feeling OK really. Some nights I sleep better than others but mostly I'm fine. I can manage with one stick and sometimes without one at all. Every task takes preparation and planning in advance but I've got all day so just take my time. OH has gone back to work today so I'm on my own all day for the first time.
As an incentive to improve I've arranged to visit the two cats we're rehoming next Saturday. We can't actually bring them home yet as I'm just not fit enough yet but it'll be lovely to see them. My first outing too.
I'd like to go for a walk outside but our building is at the top of a hill so any walk other than round the garden involves a steep walk down then back up again.
I lost weight before the op and found that my general fitness improved a lot as a result. I hope my increased 'puff' has remained.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
United States United States
Happy Two Week Anniversary!
I‘ll bet you do great on your own today as your gentle / safe approach to recovery seems to be serving you well. Good you’re not taking on any hills…yet. I agree that walks around the garden are probably best for now. Enjoy the visit your furry friends today! :meow:
@Spex10

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
Quick query. How is 'One Step' funded? If I download the app will I be charged in some way?

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
It would be impossible for you to be charged if you didn't enter any payment information into the app when you downloaded the app.

OneStep has had some delays getting our BoneSmart discount coded in their system and approved by the app stores, so for now we are maintaining all registrations on a Wait List. I saw your registration come through and you are on the list. You also have the option of starting the program as a paid subscription with no discount and you would be converted to the BoneSmart discount for a full 6 months at that point. A couple of our BoneSmarties have opted to do this so they could begin this great program immediately.

If you do decide to start the program at the full monthly price, please let me know so I can monitor your account and be sure you are given the discount once it's available.

All our promotions that involved free use of the app for some period of time have ended. Sorry.

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
Gosh that's odd. I just downloaded the App and started. I was contacted by someone called Ari. I'd best leave it then. Thanks.

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
Oh dear. Pottered about this morning putting away the washing and doing various jobs (very slowly) but was suddenly overwhelmingly tired and nodded off in my chair. I've not experienced such energy drain before.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Hello, I hope you’re having a nice afternoon.

Good old energy drain....you're not alone in experiencing that. It certainly doesn’t take much to wear us out early on and since you’re only 15 days post op, it’s not surprising. Our body's energy supply isn't limitless. So when we're in healing mode after major surgery our energy will be used for healing first, not leaving a great reserve for all the other activity of daily life. It is completely normal to feel tired for quite some time. How long....most likely relates to your body's rate of healing. Making our best effort to get adequate sleep and rest is beneficial. Our body does it's best healing while we're sleeping.
Enjoy those naps @Spex10 …you’re entitled! :yawn: :sleeep:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Yup! Been there, done that! The energy drain is like hitting a brick wall. Suddenly you just can't go on. Don't fight it - just rest as much as you can. This will pass!

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
I just downloaded the App and started. I was contacted by someone called Ari. I'd best leave it then. Thanks.
I got word from Ari today that the coding is complete for iPhones and Androids should follow shortly, so please do get back to her if she contacted you. You can begin the program now at the monthly discounted rate of 15% off for BoneSmarties. If you decide not to participate, please let me know.

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
How much is it? I don't know anything about it except what I've read on here and that's only that it exists and people seem to like it.

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
I seem to be suddenly quite a lot better. My leg feels very strong. I can move about (slowly) without sticks in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom where there are a lot of good surfaces to lean on as required.
I cut out some paracetamol (Acetaminophen) yesterday with no effect so will cut some more today. Going out for lunch to a lovely seafood restaurant. Feels like a massive adventure after 2 weeks at home. OH is very supportive. If I don't feel right I know he'll take me straight home.

Freedom

graduate
Country
Having an outing, eating at a restaurant, this will do SOOOoooo much for your morale! And that helps with healing! Have a wonderful time!

The energy drain is real. And sometimes, it just plummets, no warning. Suddenly: NAP TIME!

I'd love to hear when you visit the new cats, how that goes.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Going out for lunch to a lovely seafood restaurant. Feels like a massive adventure after 2 weeks at home. OH is very supportive. If I don't feel right I know he'll take me straight home.
Can’t wait to hear all about it. Sounds like fun and it’s always a mood booster to feel like you’re part of the world again. Don’t be surprised though IF it tires you out. Our energy certainly isn’t at its peak in the early weeks of recovery, especially since we sit and lay around a lot and our body is using energy for healing first. Hopefully once you’re home you can ice any areas of discomfort and have a relaxing evening.
Happy Friday! :wave:

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
Just back. Had a delicious meal. Ate three courses despite apparently having no appetite! Nice to be out people watching.
I managed in and out of the car very well and coped when discovering the walkway was closed and having to go down then up steep stairs unexpectedly. I did feel a bit lightheaded so didn't have a glass of wine with lunch. Feeling virtuous!

Freedom

graduate
Country
Just back. Had a delicious meal. Ate three courses despite apparently having no appetite! Nice to be out people watching.
How wonderful! Isn't it funny how often we aren't hungry, and then enjoy a meal, lol. I suspect the meds play into this.

Sorry the walkway was closed. We get a taste of what life is like for the handicapped, while we are recovering. I'm so happy for you, that you were able to enjoy this outing!!!

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
Thanks @Freedom. I really enjoyed it. I get stuck in a rut at home eating the same old things which I like but it was great to have a change.
Whisper it, but I'm not taking any meds apart from the blood thinner I have to take for five weeks after the op. No pain to speak of and no swelling. Seriously wondering if it's just too good to be true -or last!

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Easy does it @Spex10 . Still very early days for you. But I'm glad you enjoyed your trip out.

OP
OP
Spex10

Spex10

post-grad
Country
The visit to the two cats we're rehoming went well. What beautiful big boys. I suspect that they'll be a lot of work but so worth it. Now just wondering how we can make them as welcome as possible. It'll be a big life change for them.
I continue to improve in my mobility. I must say I'm surprised and very glad to be feeling so much better and stronger. I wonder if the fact I had the robotic assisted op with custom made implants helped or if I was just lucky with the surgeon.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Barbh1125
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom