THR Spex10 in recovery

Oh dear. Not feeling like dancing today. I think I overdid it a bit yesterday and the cold damp weather is horrible. My hip feels sort of achey and sore. I'm resting now after another session at my voluntary job.
Don't mention ice!! I'm so cold despite being well wrapped up and the fire going. Oh well. This too shall pass.
 
Sorry to hear that. Us Yanks always heard about the British "keeping a stiff upper lip" so do that and I agree, it will pass. Sounds like you are doing well. I know the feeling, you are sick of being so limited that when the pain diminishes, you do too much. And you think you would learn a lesson?!
 
Hello Spex,
Sorry you’re having a rough time. If you can’t tolerate icing, hopefully lots of rest will suffice. As far as achey and sore, it is possible the cold damp weather may be contributing to your discomfort.

Weather changes are predicted by changes in barometric pressure, which is the weight of the air pressing against the earth's surface. These changes can trigger pain and stiffness in the area of the prosthesis. The activity of bone adapting and growing around the metal leads to the sensitivity felt during weather and pressure changes. These sensations normally disappear within one to two years following surgery.

Hopefully you feel better after a good nights sleep. :)
@Spex10
 
Thanks @Layla and @chopper72 . The weather is much better today and temperature due to rise again from tomorrow. Hip seems much better today. I'll still have a fair bit of walking to do to get to a training course I'm doing this afternoon but it'll be good to take my mind off things.
 
Help! I'm in real trouble now. I have the worst ever pain when standing up from being seated. It's so bad I can't help crying out. The pain is sort of across the top of the hip joint. Could it be tendonitis? I don't know what to do. Standing up from a relatively high seat is OK. What does that mean?
 
Does the pain stay or does it dissipate? How long does the pain stick around? @Spex10
 
@Spex10 I was catching up on your thread and am wondering how you are doing now? I see you were having some really sharp pains with your new hip and hoping to hear that you are feeling much improved. As you well know, this healing journey takes several steps and not all are forward!

Would love to hear an update from you.
 
Well the good news is that the awful pain I was feeling on standing up has gone. I think I must have done some sort of damage to myself, maybe tendonitis but it's much better now. Phew.
However, now my left hip is playing up. It's very sore today. A sharp nagging pain. I suppose it's fed up of taking the strain from the operated one.
Otherwise I'm very happy with the replacement. I can sleep in whatever position I want to, can go up and down stairs easily and can even put on my socks! It's the little things.
Thanks for your interest.
 
Oh dear. The pain in my other hip has not gone away. I'd hoped it was just some sort of sprain or strain. It's settled now into an angry ache if I move unexpectedly. I now have to use my stick in my other hand to support my painful unoperated hip. Looks like I might have to add another joint replacement to balance my two new knees and one new hip.:sad:
 
Oh my stars...:unsure:
I am sorry lefty is giving you trouble.
Have you ever had imaging done on that one?
Hope some ice or even heat might help.:console2:
 
I've never had it looked at. I suppose it must have been X rayed at the same time as my other one but we were only looking at the Right one then. I'll give it time to settle but if it doesn't I'll have to be setting things in motion re my poor Left hip.
 
Well my left hip problem has settled a bit and is now just down to pain as I step on that leg. It's like my operated hip was as it was gradually getting worse. That odd sharp sickening flash of pain going over my hip and down to my thigh has resolved. I hope.
Meanwhile, to offer others some encouragement, my new hip is absolutely fine. I don't even think about it. It's been a very successful operation. No physio at all, no gym machinery, nothing but just walking about and living my life.
 
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: Hello @Spex10
It‘s good to read things are going well for you. Thanks for stopping by to share your progress and encouragement for others following behind. I wish you a Merry Christmas and continued healing in the New Year!
 
:wave:@Spex10
I am sorry lefty is showing out for attention so soon....:umm:
But you know we will be here to cheer you on (and up) when you enter the double hippy club.:friends:

Hope your Holidays are Happy!:carols:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom