TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

@kmak81230 & @SusieShoes I like the prunes too!!!! Do not like breakfast cereals! Will add in more broccoli and maybe liver & onions when eating out sometime (I do not like to cook it myself, but love it)!
@VW54 I had that tight clamping feeling after I overdid in the pool too! Haven't had any zingers in quite awhile. It's so funny how things come and go. Swimming is the one thing I miss! Got a card in the mail just last week from my 6am swimming buddies saying they miss me!
I laid on my tummy on my bed last evening for a bit, just to see if I could do it... the knee area sure feels funny! I feel my lower leg and then I feel my upper leg, it's like where did my knee go! Weird! Get that when I lay on my side with operated leg on bottom!
 
really strange feeling lefty this morning... tight, kind of swollen, didn't do much of anything yesterday. ice and elevate today I guess, got it moving on the bike a little... beginning to wonder what I was doing in my sleep last night ...:tiredwheel: :running:
 
Not feeling myself for about 5 days now, can't put my finger on whats wrong... tired dumpy feeling, knee has been achier than it has been and stiffer.
 
Maybe this is cumulative tiredness from all you've been doing? Give yourself permission to rest. You deserve it.
Go back to icing and elevating...when in doubt, go back to basics. Glad your tummy issues are straightened out! Prunes and snack bags of roasted nuts are my BFF. Every afternoon ....about this time! :wink:
Keep us posted!
 
look what I found!

[Bonesmart.org] Sooz Bionic Knee Journey
 
Is it normal to feel what I imagine to be the outside edge of the bone top and bottom of the knee?? Does anyone understand the feeling I'm trying to describe.
 
Yes, I think I know exactly what you are talking about. The upper part of my shin bone right under my knee is much more pronounced than on the old non-tkr knee. Is this what you are talking about? This place tends to get sore sometimes after a lot of activity. My OS says it's fine.
 
Yesterday was the first day in awhile that I have felt good, I must of had some kind of virus! Finally! I felt good enough to go to the pool and do a couple of laps, and then just some walking! Elevated and iced when I got home! Woke up today feeling fine!!!! I would like to find a list of things to do in the pool for therapy on my own. Does anyone know where I could find some guidelines??
 
Glad to see you feeling much better Sooz! And now, you're "back in the swim!" Fabulous! :surfer:
 
I feel great other than a restless night... Toss this way... toss that way..... find the perfect pillow for between my legs...let's try the back, where is my perfect pillow while I'm on my back....well, now I'm semi comfy I have to pee... so then it is begin all over again!!! When I am on my side with lefty on the bottom, it feels weird like everything is missing between the top and bottom leg... duh... I guess it is, but it aches if I am not positioned perfectly. Then if I put lefty on top, righty complains that it doesn't like being on the bottom.... and 3 1/2 weeks I get to begin all over again!!!
 
Been there, done that - the rotisserie chicken sleep method . . . sorry you had a bad night. Hopefully they will begin to get fewer and further between. I'm about 5 weeks ahead of you and those nights are mostly behind me now - unless I have an ODIC day. Hope you can get a nap in today! :mcoffee:
 
Nights like yours are why God created naps. Or humans did. Someone created naps, so you might as well take advantage of one. And these new knees feel a little odd sometimes, don't they? Wait 'til you have two of them. Mine feel really strange when bumping up against each other. Not at all like original issue knees. They feel... lumpier and firmer. Not bad. Just... not quite right yet. I suppose we get used to them.
 
Oh yes, something I've wondered about but keep forgetting to mention! Anyone else have a super crop of hairy knee since surgery!!!! The hair on my left knee grows like it has fertilizer on it!!!!
 
Yes! I thought maybe I was imagining it, but... I have blond, fine hair and used to be able to let it grow out for weeks before needing to shave. Especially around the knee, it was pretty scant. Now my knees bristle with hair! And it's darker. :groan: I have to shave much more often. Mr. Shoes says he hasn't noticed. I fail to see how.
 
Hi
Since I have water therapy almost every day or rather 4x week at rehab, and have had 4 physiotherapists taking turns telling us what to do in water I can summarize that for the knee patients it's mostly marching and walking, little steps regular and giant steps forwards and backwards, making circles in the water clockwise and counter, balancing on one then other leg and water version of slow motion jumping jacks.
Hope that helps.
I in turn try walking down the steps in water. 4 are with water above my waist, and I could do it!
 
@VW54, seriously, jumping jacks? Yikes! Not sure I would do those but if it works for you....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom