THR Some allowed to drive after 4 weeks, some after 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ditch the cane too soon. I have and was very pleased with myself. Now I have had to go back to using it outside I feel like its a step backwards !
 
I think you should have taken the flowered one and named her "Daisy."
 
Yes, the flowered one was nicer, just like the one I had. But Millie is right. Just an afternoon and evening hobbling around the house without a cane convinced me. While I can often go for quite some time without it, when I need it I really need it and I limp badly. I think my bad back doesn't help. If I didn't have a replacement, I'd be out today buying a new one.
 
We Warriors all have names for out canes. If you dress up Daisy, I will see what Steve is doing later....maybe we can double.
 
Damn! My Bartram (trekking pole for hiking) will take Steve and Daisy out in the woods.
 
sissy46, are Steve and Daisy old enough? You have them going out into the woods when they haven't even gone out to dinner. I am shocked:thud:

My cane is Watson, as it is 1 of those inconspicuous black canes with a flat handle, to take some pressure off my shoulder. I would use it before my surgery for press confrerences and the like, when I didn't want to be seen with the forearm crutch, so Watson is a little upset at being used everyday now as he is used to only going out on special occasions
 
bellaroma You sure have a lot of finicky things around you, what with your prissy cats that won't eat egg off the floor, and Watson who only wants to go out to special places. How's your old man?

Bartram likes to get away from civilization, where he can see the wild things. He is a bit of a nuisance, though, wanting to hang from my wrist when I'm trying to take pictures, but he's a lot of support and has kept me from tripping badly over roots several times, so I guess I'll let him come along for a while longer. Maybe forever. He stays in the hall closet unless I'm going to the woods, as I don't need him except in the wilderness.
 
sissy46, My kittens and Watson, have learned to appreciate the finer things in life, so if it is eggs on the floor or canned salmon in a china bowl served at room temperature, the salmon wins. Watson on the other hand will just have to get used to the extra work and that all excursions can not be social event. I do not have too much sympathy for Watson and I would have to bring him to events where I needed the aid to not be too visible and I usually ended up being in alot of pain. We are however having a fresh start, as Watson and I will be with each other for awhile due to the upcoming surgery
 
Watson, Bartram, Daisy and Steve....Warrior Companions!
 
So I take it you all have named my adopted homeless cane Daisy. Daisy's not fussy who she goes out with. I noticed there are wear marks at several different adjustments, so she's been around. She felt a bit heavy, so I took her apart and found she was full of dirt down below. Looks like a previous owner had lost the rubber and gone without protection for some time.
 
John, you sly dog you. Hanging around with a loose woman.....a guy can't be too careful these days....one must always use protection. :heehee:
 
I had my 3-month x-rays and OS visit this morning at about 14 weeks. Everything is fine. He called me a "poster child". I asked about any restrictions and there are no specific ones. I told him I still use the cane when I'm tired and that was normal, since my left side is still a bit weak. His office will call me in 3 months for a follow-up.

Right now I still do the abductor exercises and exercise bike each day I haven't been out and about and I'm not tired. When I go out shopping, I now usually just leave my cane in the car so I don't lose it unless I have to do a lot of walking around without a cart. At home I usually leave it where I can't find it or the grand-babies make off with it. I use the cane first thing in the morning and later at night when I'm tired and sometimes when getting up from sitting a longer time.

Anyway, I'll sign off and drop in here once in a while to see how y'all are doing and if anything unusual happens.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Some allowed to drive after 4 weeks, some after 8
Everything seems to be falling into place for you, John. You are doing remarkably well. Just because you are feeling so good and your doc is good to go with you, don't be a stranger. You be sure and keep us updated on how things continue to progress for you. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Some allowed to drive after 4 weeks, some after 8
 
Yay, John. Great to hear! Definitely fill us in on how you are doing when you can. Can't wait to hear about your first real bike ride and how it goes!
 
John, don't be a stranger. I have certainly enjoyed your company and will miss you if you stay away too long.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom