Guest viewing is limited

THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, you see... if you are looking at other threads or are on another website, and comeback... the first thing
you do is check your alerts to see who has tagged you to chat. Otherwise, if you don't get a tag, you wouldn't know to check a certain thread that has a message for you in it.
Like this one, without a tag.....
 
@lee0605 that's right....
And, to add a signature or stuff like your thread, find your username at the top of the screen on the right
side of the page/top... click on your name. then click on signature.
You can then add your thread by doing a copy/paste of the URL on your thread and add it.
 
Gotta make that look a little prettier. And then if I wanted to find you I just out your name in from my followers and up you come... I'm getting there!
 
Hey you were my very first reply! Thanks! Boy I do feel so much better knowing you. Not alone and scared. I love this site.
 
@MajorHeidi could I ask you one more question please? When you come on to the site and you want to go to your thread how do you do it? I can't seem to figure out how? That seems like it should be the easiest thing to do.
 
@MajorHeidi .Thanks for all the information and help last night. I think you said you were a Hokie.....is that to mean far out from the city? I to live in a little town. Very old.

I had a very restless night of sleep. tossing and turning. At one point actually awakening because the op leg was about to fall off the side of the bed. I get terrible cramps in the nonoperative hip which forces me to my back. Until I wake up and see the giant bags under my eyes.

Today I will also try to post on specific threads I am following.

Thank you again:doggie:

And I am a dog lover and pet rescuer as well. My Schming is, in fact, my nurse. Can't walk him right now he goes to fast :dogwalk:
The cat really doesn't care but cat's own their people and are so aloof (unless they are yellow):mooncat:

As you can see today is my "play with emoticon day! and my "how to get to the threads of my followers. Your's is easy as I see it right there but it is the morning and my brain is not clear.

Hopefully today will be a good one.
 
@lee0605 - tomorrow will be 4 weeks post op for THR - right hip anterior approach. The past few days I have felt stagnate in my recovery. My left hip has been squawking quite a bit. The operated hip is ding pretty well. I had PT coming to my home until this past Thursday and was released to outpatient PT which is Tuesday. I will have to get the left hip replaced, that I already know and I hope I can hold out until next June as I am a teacher. I am hoping as well to be able to return to school when it starts the end of August.
 
@lee0605 You're raining dogs and cats! Haha
I am a Hokie, means I went to Va Tech in Blacksburg, Va. You have been away from Charlottesville for a long time. ha.
@HippyHelen I hope your other hip holds out for you, and you are able to start the new school year.
 
@MajorHeidi

Oh yes! Since my dad graduated from law school. That's wh my name is Lee. Writing form bed where, like @HippyHelen seems to be having the same day as I. The last two have been so good and I have cut back my meds so much, trying to switch to the NSAID Alleve, that I guess I just figured all would contnue to go well. Now my other hip is so cramped from taking all the pressure and I think from sleeping on it, that I'm on my back staring at the ceiling crying. Such good days followed by such negativity. I know I had a list for @lovetowalk today trying to brighten things but we end up in the same boat.

Yes @HippyHelen I, like you have to have the other, as I said. I hope I can wait as well. I at least have the luxory of not having a teaching job(Bles you). It sounds like we had somewhat the same untreated genetic thing going as I see you are so young.

As I see you wrote this morning I hope your day has improved.Mine started out well and then declined. At least I went for one short walk and did I few exercises before the muscle cramps started.

Hang in there. I will follow you. We sound like we're about the same place but I've got 20 years on you!
 
Eight weeks out and all restrictions removed except lifting my operative leg in a straight position while lying down. Still need the cane in the morning when I am stiff or if I do much in the day.....walked to far the other day...needed the next day to recover. Can anyone tell me how to find my thread when I come online. @MajorHeidi has been the poor person who has helped me all along. Thanks to everyone for all your continued support. I really think this blog has made all the difference!!
 
@Jaycey

Hi. I had my restrictions lifted yesterday 8 weeks out, except for the straight leg front raises. today I have gone for a few walks, weeded (I bend at the knees like a little squat), have done most of my PT exercises and lunges too. It's not like I'm doing multiple sets, just one set of 30, but I feel pain in operative groin that's kind of freaking me out. Do you think I just did too much? I've been searching around...I guess I just want to put my mind at ease. Thanks as always for your support
 
Sounds like you are doing too much @lee0605 . 30 reps of PT, "a few walks" and gardening. That hip is just telling you to back off a bit. Are you icing and elevating? Taking meds for the groin pain? Ease into new activity. And back off if there is discomfort. You are still healing.
 
Probably doing too much all at once. It will be 8 weeks on Tuesday for me. Finally today I have barely used the cane at all. I still have a pinch in the glutes and a bit on the incision (abducters), but am generally much stronger. My husband says I am not limping, but walking feels funny. I think that I am waiting for that bone on bone pain and being too careful. I can balance on my operated leg for at least a minute and a half, too. Overall seeing improvement and I hope you are, too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom