THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry @shrinkette that things haven't gone the way you expected. Hang in there and take each day, hour, minute as they come!!!!

If well wishes are any help ....you have plenty here!!!!!

Hang in there too @DrToonz
 
@shrinkette, this slab of bacon on my right thigh really does belong to me. I looked and it is not detachable but it sure feels weird. I am 10 days out and I cannot sleep on either side yet 1. Hurts to roll over 2. Feels like laying on a baseball so I have learned to sleep on my back and once I wiggle and squirm around a few minutes and get settled I am managing 4-5'hrs good sleep at a time. I can see improvement every day, nothing major, but enough to give me the hope that there is light at the end of that tunnel.

How is your husband? Please tell him we are praying for him as well!

Take care and get some rest! Praying for you girl...Judy
 
Pins & needles killing me. Feels like they're all over my foot! Norco isn't touching it so far. Thigh hurts a lot!
 
Has any numbness susided at all?
I tried to assess mine this morning and the left leg seems to be "waling up" but the right, in the area of th incision, is completely numb.
I might say the numb area could be a little smaller but I can't tell for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
If my numbness has subsided any on the right it is in very small portions ( or I am just getting used to it ). It kind of freaked me out for a day or so, but not so much anymore. Maybe if I ignore it, it will go away.
 
good morning there ellen. so sorry to hear of this less than 'stellar' beginning.
as everyone's saying, it will get better. nothing helps? and also, don't think that rehab is a failure by any means. you are a consumer and you'll use the services available as you need them and you'll come out better than you went in. how about watching some funny movies?
 
@dr toonz. good to hear from you. still numb around the incision for me, but what's wrong with numb at this point? better than pain :) . hope this is a good day for you.
 
@dickinson :
I haven't yet experienced 'no pain' I still hurt. It seems different but its bad enough that I haven't had any celebrations yet.
PT was pretty terrible yesterday.
I'm hoping that today's feels more effective.

I remain optimistic.
 
@shrinkette....So sorry to hear that you have had some major difficulties as you begin your recovery journey. I feel so bad that I haven't been on in a few days and it seems that I have missed so much. I am so glad for you that it is all behind you now, and hoping each day you feel a little better than the day before. I have enjoyed every post you made to me beforehand and I hope that I can somehow give a little of the love back. I still have about 3 weeks to go before my time arrives to join the new hippies group and by then hopefully you can cheer me on!! Know that you are loved all the way from Georgia and that I am thinking of you and praying for you daily!!

Hugs and comfort sent your way,
Donna
 
The pain and numbness WILL subside but it won't happen in five minutes. Keep moving the extremities, flush the blood through your system and believe with all your might. It's been said before, 'take each day as it comes' look forward to the next milestone and believe. We are all with you on this, trust those that have gone ahead and keep posting. Expect to feel emotional, more than you were before, take your pain meds and don't be afraid to ask for more!
 
Ellen I'm so sorry you're having a hard time! Is today any better at all than yesterday? forgive me if this is a dumb question but can they give you an alternative to norco? Really really sad that you're having this trouble. I hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
I am NOT happy with the nurse who told you it would be better to sleep on the incision side. Really? It was months before I could do that!

In the meantime, keep up with your bed exercises and recognize small steps forward. Praying that things get better for you soon. We are all rooting for you.
 
@shrinkette How are you doing today? Better, I hope. drop us a note and let us know -- we are all waiting and praying you are better. I'm SO sorry this hasn't gone as well for you as it did for me. I had no numbness at all, still don't, but I had posterio-lateral -- don't know if that makes a difference. Anyway you are in my heart today.

Love,
Milli
 
Being transferred today to hospital's own rehab which is a good place! I qualified, met MD who follows all PT patients as well as physiatrist. Very good people. MD has seen many of my surgeons PTA. Said all seem to do well. Said numbness is more from surgical process than spinal.

Hubby went to GP today who took a lot of blood. Hubby was dizzy after he left doctor & was going to come to me, but told him to rest at home. We'll c what happens.

Some improvement in foot numbness... Was able to move toes a little more. Right now am in bed & feel like foot is "asleep"! Very disturbing. PT said I did better today.

Annie on Norco by the clock! They took pain pump away because of transfer.
 
Typos r terrible. Doing all this in phone because don't have iPad with me. Very frustrating in all ways.
 
@shrinkette Ellen, so sorry to hear you're having such issues still. I had so hoped that they had improved by now. I haven't experienced that so I don't have any good words of wisdom for you. :(. But know that I think of you often and continue to,lift you (and your hubby) up in prayer.

While you aren't where you hoped to be, a small improvement in feeling is still that. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep up on the pain meds and post when you can. I understand the posting from a phone, it's downright hard!!!! Can you're hubby bring your IPad for when you feel up to it and to make things easier?

Again, hang in there, thanks for the update, and know many people are sending up prayers or well wishes.
 
Good to hear from you Ellen. Tell hubby to take care. Rest a lot and let that foot return to normal. Will be thinking of you!
 
@shrinkette Wiggling the toes is a positive step forward. So, that is good.
I'm glad you are familiar with the onsite rehab. That sounds good. Hope your pain meds get settled, and the PT moves forward as you can. Keep the thought in mind that the PT said you 'did better'. Hugs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom