Guest viewing is limited

Shelly's Recovery

My leg just starts to ache if I sit at a table for too long. Then when I stand up it's take a minute to get my leg working to be able to walk back to the couch. I always ice right afterwards.
 
2 weeks and 2 days post op and I just had a great pt session. Had the same gal work on me who hurt me last time and we had a good talk. She apologized for hurting me last time and was very gentle with me today. I think the key for me at pt is just being my own advocate and being specific with what I will and will not tolerate. Have a great Friday!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you having that talk with the therapist! Just be sure to continue to stick to what you know is right!
 
Good for you Shelly for handling this so well with your PT. I am very sore today due to doing too much at PT yesterday, so taking it slow and steady seems to work best. Once the swelling is down our knees will move in all kinds of directions - mantra for the day" ice and elevate"
 
Husbands bday today and my kids and I fixed him a big brunch for ten of us. Completely overdid and am now icing and elevating. Cannot even bend hardly at all right now from the swelling. Sure hope it's down before pt tomorrow morning. It sure doesn't take much to swell does it?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Isn't it frustrating how little it takes to send it spiraling? I wake up every morning feeling like today is the day I'm going to turn the corner and it's going to be different. Then by the afternoon and evening it's just like the day before.

Glad you've got some downtime now :-)

Happy Birthday to your husband!
 
Shelly, at not a month post op that type of activity will definitely create a swollen, sore knee. It won't hurt to call of sick from PT tomorrow.
 
You joined the ODIC (Over Did It Club) in getting that celebration meal for your husband. I hope your swelling does go down but, if it doesn't, ask your PT if you can just elevate and ice instead of doing exercises tomorrow.
 
I think you ladies are right. If I'm swollen like this in the morning pt would be a bad idea. They open at 7 am. I will call tomorrow and reschedule if I am still this swollen. I've read many times about the swelling from participating in the odic but I guess you really understand it better after you join the club :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I joined the club on my outing Easter Sunday. We all learn the hard way!
 
Pretty sure I'll be in the club with you tomorrow. Movie + hanging w neighbors. Too much.
 
I agree, just skip pt tomorrow. You've already done enough and need to let your knee calm down before adding more trauma to it.
 
Well I ended up having to go to PT this morning because I couldn't reach anybody before my appointment at 8:15 to reschedule. After icing all night I was okay and pt went well. ROM is at 110. Left side of my knee hurts in one spot pretty bad now. Other than that pain is pretty bearable.

I told therapist how I overdid yesterday and he said after I stand too long or overdo to make sure that I ice and elevate. Guess I just need to be patient. After reading numerous threads here it looks like the swelling after activity goes on for quite a while. Love the info here!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ugh night times are still miserable trying to get comfortable (even with pain pills at night). When does this get better?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's a hard question. Some have no problems sleeping and some of us do. I can relate. I was and still am to a degree, one of those that didn't sleep well because of nighttime pain.
 
I dunno. I am on tylenol all day now. But I take 1 percoset at bedtime and then 1.5 when I inevitably wake up at 2-3am in pain. Then when I wake up for good, there's more pain, bc my ice machine stopped cooling at some point and I usually have my bad knee twisted. Ugh. But a little moving and some morning ice and I'm generally in better shape. But the night is dark and full of terrors. :groan:
 
  • Useful
Reactions: JEA
@Jennszoo I live the same evenings as you do. Tylenol all day. Hydrocodone at bedtime and then again when I wake up in pain between 2 and 3! I take off ice machine in middle of night when I get uncomfortable and twisted. Then stiff and sore again in morning. I should stop complaining because the days are great but I just dread going to sleep at night.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom