Shelly's Recovery

Flyaway79 I think I'm going to try what you are doing. Pain pill at night and maybe again if up in the night if sore and then Tylenol during day. Anyone know how much Tylenol I could take during the day if I took two hydrocodone during the night?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi mechellec ~ i think my surgery was same day as yours, April 19. i had my staples out yesterday and the nurse put steri strips over the incision which can come off whenever they start to curl up on their own. she said to NOT put anything on the incision until it heals a little more. your ROM is better than mine, mine is 85 as of yesterday. surgeon said physio can start at 2 weeks post op but i've been doing the exercises recommended in hospital. after your last experience at physio, i'm dreading it. they will be coming to my house as i'm not in the hospital area. i hope i'm strong enough to say "no" if needed. good luck at your next physio.
 
Good luck @liam2015! You will do great. I'm usually a wimp about speaking up but this site prepared me and gave me confidence to know that I didn't need to endure that. I'm a little apprehensive about Fridays PT session this week but I am just going to set the ground rules that they will not hurt me or push me more than gently. I think your ROM is great! We are both gonna heal great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@mechellec - the safe daily dose of Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is 4,000 mg, spread over 4 doses of 1,000 mg each - 2 x 500 mg tablets. That is assuming that there is no Tylenol in any of your other medications. If there is, add their amounts to your calculation of the daily total and reduce the Tylenol doses accordingly.
 
Apparently Motrin and Tylenol work better when taken together. I usually take 600 mg of Motrin with the Tylenol.
 
Be careful stopping pain meds completely in the day. If you've already stopped and aren't feeling any effects that's fine, but stopping everything in the daytime without weaning down could bring on other symptoms. Remember, flyaway is a month ahead of you in recovery.
 
Also, I think if you are on aspirin for clotting, consider that in the totals. At least my PA seems to think that. But he was tellng me to take motrin,not Tylenol and I was kinda questioning his authority. But saying that my two 325 aspirins per day needed to be taken into acct.
 
Oh wow @Jennszoo, I wouldn't have allowed for that either. I am taking two aspirin a day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think that the aspirin needs to be taken into account if you are taking Motrin because they are both NSAIDs. It should not affect the Tylenol amount.
 
Oh ok. That makes sense. Too much to control for with fuzzy brain!
 
I think that the aspirin needs to be taken into account if you are taking Motrin because they are both NSAIDs. It should not affect the Tylenol amount.
That's correct.
 
I am not myself!!! I totally understand why they want you to wait awhile before going back to work. We own our own painting contracting business and I told my son to come over to my house today and we would attempt to do the billing from home. I had total brain fog. Everything seemed so difficult. What should have taken one hour took three and I ended up in tears. My leg hurt from sitting at a table too long and I grabbed some meds and then couldn't remember if I took them or not!!!! The good and bad parts of owning your own business are that I can do it from home but don't have lots of coverage to be gone. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm off to elevate and ice and relax.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I "checked" funny on your last post. I don't mean to laugh but it's good to know I'm not the only one feeling like you are! My husband looks at me like I'm an alien sometimes :-)
 
At around my 5th week out, I was trying to study for teaching Sunday's Sunday School. I couldn't do it. It actually made me sick trying so hard to concentrate. I had to get a friend to teach it for me. I cried and cried over my failure, then realized that it was just that after surgery brain fog and should laugh it off. Not easy to do!
 
Yep, the brain fog is awful. I had to hold off on my meds before entering grades because my sub couldn't do it and I had someone read the grades to me because I couldn't focus to read the small numbers. The sub wanted me to write lesson plans for her, but I couldn't focus to do that either.

You're right, Shelly, tomorrow is another day and these limitations are just temporary. In a month or so you'll be able to do your work with little problem. :yes:
 
I love this forum. It makes you feel normal during a very intense and crazy recovery! [emoji173]️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
My kids were fighting yesterday and I melted down because I literally could not think well enough to help them work out their problem. Like, I just felt...omg, this is an unsolvable standoff and I cried and cried. Eventually the kids figured it out. Lol.
 
mechellac...i can empathize with you about sitting for too long. the last few nights i've eaten dinner at the dining room table then we watch a 1 hour show. that's about as long as i can stand being up, an hour and a half.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom