Shelly's Recovery

I'll be thinking of you on Friday -- sure hope all goes well for you with the MUA. That is such a difficult decision and I hope you will be confident that it is the right one for you. You know what to do to recover and not overdo it and hopefully it will help you to reach your ROM goals. It sounds like you have a good activity plan post-MUA. This is such a long, frustrating recovery - it is hard to stay patient. Know that we'll all be here for you whenever you need it.
 
Thanks so much girls! I could really use the good thoughts for Friday :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Already have crafted my directional foil hat to make sure positive vibes are accurately sent your way! Well, and to keep the aliens from reading my thoughts, but that's a whole different issue!:wink:
 
@mechellec, I am wishing the very best for you on Friday! It's a really tough judgment call and in the end, we all do what we feel is best for us. :SUNsmile:I know how frustrated you've been and how much you want to get back to all the activities you enjoy, so here's to finally making your decision and getting the very best possible outcome! :cheers:

How interesting to hear that patients, and most likely docs and PT's, used to be satisfied with 90 degrees! I know the last time I was measured, I was at 98, and for the most part, feel I can do just about everything I'd like. But...I am older than you, most likely don't have the same athletic goals, am retired with more time on my hands, and so can afford to travel the ...er...*scenic route* to recovery.

Now, here's what resonated with me most:

"He also said he doesn't know why some people get such stiff knees and are slow to bend but it seems to be more common in middle aged women. Aren't we lucky?"

Why? Because it must mean I am still *middle-aged*, LOL!
 
i forgot to ask you: how is your new puppy doing? he is so adorable.:puppysmooze:
 
This decision was a tough one for you, I'm sure, Shelly. If this is what you really want to do, then it's the right things. You've thought it out and reached the conclusion for yourself. I always follow my gut on things like this, and it sounds like your gut is telling you to do it. Lots of people have great results.

Naturally, I'll be thinking of you on Friday! Healing thoughts are winging your way.
 
@Pheebs52: I'm laughing at the "middle aged" comment. It was funny, he caught me off guard when he said that because I hadn't been called middle aged for awhile. So I thought, "hmm, I'm 50 so if I live to be 100 (my great grandma did live to be to 107 haha) then I guess I could be middle aged.
@liam2015 Danno is doing great, thanks for asking. He is a handful but he is a lot of fun. He's so proud of his ability to "sit" for a treat that he comes and sits in front of everyone just hoping they have a treat.
@Fire wolf I'd like to see a picture of that directional foil hat and I think I need one too! :)
@SusieShoes thanks so much for the healing thoughts :) At least I can be icing during the GoT finale!!
 
You may need ice during the GoT finale! I always ice while watching (because I'm certainly not going anywhere for that hour or so!).

Also, middle-aged sounds better than being called "old," even though I suspect I technically qualify as such. Senior, old, elderly... I never thought I'd qualify as such.
 
Shelley, just said a prayer for you and thinking of you tonight. I know how difficult a decision it was to make. I did respond in PM with details that my OS and PT wanted but it sounds very much like your plans. PT wanted me to be very careful after my MUA. She was much more cautious after than before! Hopefully you won't have much pain after and remember it doesn't take the toil on your body that a long surgery will as far as anesthesia. It didn't seem to affect my general strength either. All those things were positive for me. We will all be watching for an update!

I showed my DH your puppy picture and he said it looked like a stuffed animal! He was so cute. I asked DH for a puppy while I recovered and he just looked at me and laughed...then he told me I didn't want a dog....:what:
 
I'd like to see a picture of that directional foil hat and I think I need one too!
Well, if I wasn't technology challenged and could actually put a pic on here I would. :scratch: Regardless, it is all charged up (complex process, will spare you the boring details), and has been emitting positive vibes since 12:01am, as today is the big day. :thumb: Just to be thorough and to help further, said a prayer for you and OS.:prayer: Was going to try a sacrifice of some sort to the tkr and mua gods for good measure, but have yet to figure out what on earth makes them happy!:snork: I do hope all goes well, and will be thinking about you. Hope to hear a good report when you are feeling up to it!:flwrysmile:
 
Awwww you gals are so nice. Thanks so much for the prayers girls. @becticu thanks so much for the info on the pm!

@Fire wolf you are hysterical! I love it.

Sitting at the hospital in my gown and I was told to take Everything off. I asked if I could at least wear my underwear and the nurse basically gave me the okay without the official okay. I just think it's very awkward to be bent like a Barbie and be so exposed.

My dh is driving me crazy walking around my small pre-surgery room. He is fit bit crazed and wants to get his steps in. Procedure isn't for two hours so now the waiting begins.

Thanks again for the prayers and good thoughts. :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
MUA went great. I'm on some kind of pain pump for three days. He bent me to 150 (didn't know we could bend that high) and they heard the scar tissue pop.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Great report! I have to admit that "heard the scar tissue pop" made me cringe.
 
that's great. now take good care of yourself. so happy for you.:flwrysmile:
 
Yay Shelley!!! Phew, it's over and was a success! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you didn't personally hear the *pops* though! :loveshwr:

Now, the important stuff; Why the heck would one hafta be stark nekkid to have an MUA? This does not compute on my planet? Is Nevada that different of a planet? I mean, ok, sure, it IS hotter there, but still....?
 
Glad to hear it went well Shelley!!! 150 - that's amazing; you'll be able to start a career as a yoga instructor or circus gymnast with that ROM :heehee:. Glad you were firm about the undies -- that does seem odd to me also. It's just a painful bend, not an invasion. Rest well and enjoy your new progress..
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom