Guest viewing is limited

Shelly's Recovery

Shelley, did you decide how often you are going to PT? Even though I went everyday for 10 days Monika did nothing but gentle stretching and massage. If the massage hadn't felt wonderful and my out of pocket reached I may not have gone every day. She did start me on the bike each session but with no resistance. She also wanted me to be very careful at home with no exercise at all. She said I could do gentle heel slides and nothing else. My OS did bring my DH a pic of my bend where my foot was on my bottom. I'd say that was probably near 150 if there is such a thing. Of course I'm not doing that outside of anesthesia! I still have some swelling from the MUA and it was two weeks ago. Take care of yourself and baby knee! :friends:
 
I hope tomorrow is a less swollen, less itchy and more *bendy* day for you @mechellec! I can't take Hydrocodone because it makes me itch like crazy, yet I can take related narcotics and thankfully, they don't have the same effect. If the itching continues and you need pain meds, just ask for something else. I'm sure your OS will oblige.
 
Thanks @Pheebs52! I may ask for something different Monday if the itching continues. I am hoping I won't need the pain meds by then. It is sore but manageable but definitely swollen. I basically have been sitting and elevating with ice all day making my girls watch old movies I love. We watched A Walk in the Clouds with Keanu Reeves and they thought it copied The Proposal and I had to correct them and tell them that The Proposal would have to have been the one that copied. Haha.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@becticu, I'm not sure how much PT I will do. Your Monika sounds wonderful! I'm scheduled for Monday and I will play it by ear and see how gentle they are. Friday they just had me do a little and I explained that I didn't want to do anything that would increase my swelling. I feel comfortable just doing gentle stuff from home too.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great movie choices! Keanu is swoon-worthy, lol!

I also hope you won't need any pain meds by Monday, but, it's always good to have some on hand, just in case!
 
Fortunately I have not had the ehhem, pleasure, of MUA, but I hope that you are really babying that poor knee of yours! Ice, ice baby! :ice::ice: Good vibes are being cast out hither and yon for everyone! Seems the crystal Stonehenge arrangements have really revved up the output on the directional foil hat! :snork:
 
Swollen, swollen, swollen. Went to PT Friday after manipulation and again Monday and I'm going to not go back until swelling is down. I stopped pain meds yesterday and am trying some Aleve.:) I'm icing at work right now with my leg propped up on a big paint bucket. I can't elevate it high enough until I get home. I knew this swelling game was going to be tough. Hope everyone is having a good day and not such a "swell" day as I am. :flwrysmile:
 
This is not my idea of a *swell* day @mechellec; not even close. Why are you in work? Gather thee things and get yourself home so you can give the knee what it needs! Please, be good to yourself this week or for however long it takes to get that swelling down. It doesn't sound like a *working-knee* to me right now, though I realize you may not have any sick time left; pffft!
 
Thanks @Pheebs52 I'm just working a few hours at a time this week. There is good and bad in owning your own business. The good being the flexibility and the bad being the coverage so I just go in and do what I must. Take care my friend!
 
Shelley - take care of yourself and your poor swollen knee! Probably a good idea to give PT a bye until the swelling comes down. Glad to hear you are icing it while it's on the paint bucket and then again hopefully at home with proper elevation. Good luck!
 
I agree with Pheebs.
An MUA causes new trauma to your knee - some soft tissues are torn, to make that knee bend to where the surgeon wants. So your knee has been wounded again. It needs rest, elevation, ice, and gentle treatment, until it settles down again.
 
I know what you mean about the good and bad of owning your business, but do take care of yourself. I speak from experience :bored:
 
Good to hear you are only in there for a few hours. Hard to own your own business with a big recovery like this; aargggh!
 
Oh, lest I forget, eat some ice-cream tonight; hah! It's good for the knee and the soul.:yes!:
 
Yes, ice cream--the balm for all things emotional and needing to be fed. Can you sneak in a little ice cream on the job? Along with a bit of icing and elevating? Now is the time to pamper your knee and yourself.
 
I am praying that swelling is going down and that you can elevate it enough to help it do so. Ice as much as you can!
 
Oh Shelley, I am so sorry you've got that swelling. Mine didn't swell as huge as it did in the replacement but did have significant swelling after the MUA. It still swells. It's such a fine line to walk. Monika is super protective of this right knee. She won't let me do a portion of what she did on lefty. My flexion is doing great now but I'm surely behind on strength and endurance. Be careful and when you do go back you know what to tell them!:tantrum2:

Don't work too much and eat ice cream to keep the swelling down, ha ha, don't we wish?? How s the pain? Hugs my friend!:friends:
 
Shelley, I hope you are able to get that swelling under control soon. It is definitely not fun. Oh, and I agree that the ice cream will help. Take care ❤
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom