Guest viewing is limited

Shelly's Recovery

150!?! That's superhuman! Take very good care this weekend so you can hold fast to the progress!
 
Another Hot Shot is headed for recovery. I hope your recovery goes well. I was really loopy and found it difficult to concentrate the first few days. That is much better than being in pain. Ice and elevate that knee and all will be well.
 
Wow, 150! You might be sore for a few days, but you know what to do! It's especially important for you to take it easy to try and keep that swelling down. I pray you sleep well tonight!
 
Shelley, what great news! You progressed faster than I did, yah! I'm so happy it worked. I felt the same way when they said they heard my adhesions pop!

I also asked to keep my undies on. They actually told me that technically I couldn't butt (ha, ha) since it was a MUA it would be okay. The only problem was they told me that after they had already given my DH my clothes and I had no undies to put on. They said they keep you covered...,however being a nurse and having been in the OR many times I know what's seen in there. Oh well...:censored::holysheep:

Be careful what you do at home. Elevate and ice :ice:to help that swelling. Congratulations :roseshwr:
 
Last edited:
Thanks girls. My pain pump (on q or something like that) sprung a leak in the tube and we were unable to fix it so I had to remove it from my leg. Hoping pain pills alone will be fine. I guess the pain pump is what the OS called a luxury that the anesthesiologist offers and I rather liked the idea of the luxury. I'm sure I will be fine without it but it sure was a comfort thinking I had that for three days.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
oh dear...hoping the next 3 days go fast and comfortable and the pain pills will do their job. sleep well.:flwrysmile:
 
Oh Shelley, I'm so sorry it sprung a leak. I had that pump with both my surgeries but not with the manipulation. My pain wasn't horrible tho so hopefully you will have the same experience! Stay medicated!
 
Sending Good Healing vibes across ether:
♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡
 
I had the Q pump after my surgery and I don't consider it a luxury at all! I think every surgeon should send their patients home with one! I hope before long it becomes the norm for everyone because they really do work - when they aren't leaking :sad:
 
Made it okay thru the night without the pump. I'm taking one hydrocodone every four hours but for some reason it is making me itch this time. It didn't do that after my tkr. I'm taking Benadryl now too so I'm very sleepy. I iced and elevated all night. Got up and am stiff and sore and did two minutes on the bike and some heel slides and gentle stretching. I can tell my bend is back to where it was before the MUA but I've heard that you go backwards before you go forward.

Thanks for the good thoughts and those healing vibes @VW54! I can feel them! :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The hydrocodone made me itch from the get go. Benedryl helped,made me sleepy and more loopy. Great job getting up and moving. I know you will not forget our best friends elevation and ice. Good vibes being sent your way.
 
150? That's incredible. You must have thin legs, because usually our own leg fat stops the knee from bending as far as that. Anything over 130 is a definite bonus.

I hope you're not too sore and swollen now.

Baby that knee and remember that there will have been some tearing of small tissues.
 
Haha @Celle I do not have thin legs. I never heard of going to 150. Maybe my OS exaggerated the degree of bend to my husband. My goal is to end up anywhere over 120. I am babying the knee now


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for clarifying, Shelly. I think if you could get 150 you'd be able to sit on your heels - something I used to be able to do in my younger days, but not now. I see you achieved 122 at PT, which is great, so you're on a winner. :happydance::dancy:
 
That's awesome, Shelley! I know that the numbers shouldn't be our focus, but 150 is my ultimate goal! Lol! When I started PT and asked what I could expect extension wise, she told me 110-115 tops. My response was that I wanted at least 135. She laughed and said not too worry about the numbers. I hit 138 and she was very surprised. I told her that I would stop by for a visit once I finally get to 150! :) Hoping you are resting and icing to give swelling a chance to go down. You go girl!!
 
I forgot to mention that I arranged some crystals around the directional foil hat which remains on the charger to increase the emission of positive vibes. I put them in a Stonehenge arrangement to tap into a little extra alien energy! After all, remember how much good it did the people in Cocoon!?:ok:
 
I can tell my bend is back to where it was before the MUA but I've heard that you go backwards before you go forward.
It's gone back a bit because the MUA will have made your knee swollen again. Get that swelling down and your ROM will increase again. Ice, elevate, ice , elevate - repeat as often as you can.
And only do a little, gentle bending and straightening, just to keep your knee moving.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom