Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

Thanks Jockette! I get Covid testing in the morning. Hoping this is just bronchitis. Don’t think it is sinus infection because I don’t have facial pain and I always have that with Sinus infection.
Trying to steer clear of husband in case I have Covid! My grand babies were negative this morning but they are very sick with respiratory infections. So hard when babies are sick!
 
Last edited:
Had my Covid test and didn’t realize they didn’t do the rapid test so won’t get result until tomorrow evening or Sat morning.
My daughter is feeling pretty bad today also. Her Dr ordered her several medications and my Dr ordered me some antibiotics.
I have to save my energy so not doing any exercises right now other than trying to walk around every couple hrs.
Hope everyone is doing well!
 
It's really going around. I have a niece who's tested positive, another niece's boyfriend was last week and just found out that hubby tested positive (his mail-in PCR results came back today). I've scheduled a rapid test for Monday, that's the soonest I could get. Son is testing on Sunday. Daughter has access to a rapid test for tomorrow night. I'm feeling a tiny bit of sinus pressure but that's it. I keep wondering if it's only because I found out hubby's positive, like I'm imagining new symptoms. Time will tell. I hope you feel better! :fingersx:
 
@Susie-Q @Sks1997 I am sorry to hear of so many of your family and friends contracting Covid/Omicron and I am thinking of you, hopefully you test negative. Please let me know how you get on, you are in my prayers. :prayer:
 
Happy New Year Everyone,

This has been a stress filled day for me. A good friend whose husband has been in the hospital with Covid (for about a week) took a turn after having a few good days and he is on the vent and may not make it.

My daughter is struggling with breathing. Her Dr is trying to keep her out of the hospital. Today is day 6 for her. This is my daughter that has brain cancer. She had brain surgery in 2018 and has had no new tumor growth but her Oncologist always reminds her that it will grow back. Only telling you this background as we always have this on our minds of course. It’s as if she has a timebomb in her head.
I am actually still waiting on my Covid results. My son is doing well and under the new CDC guidelines, he is out of quarantine. My grandson was positive but no symptoms .
Can you all please pray for all of these precious people?

On a high note, I have been resting all week and my knee hasn’t “complained” much! My cough is better I just feel weak from being in bed all week! I’ve actually been up to do a few things today.
 
@Sks1997 I don’t have words express how sorry I am that you are under such tremendous pressure and worry right now. Of course I will keep all of you in my prayers and thoughts. We are here whenever you need to just leave off steam or vent- it helps - believe me I know.
You are doing so well and resting is equally important as exercising. It keeps you off the ODIC bench! Look after yourself, care for yourself and please let us know how you get on with your results.
:console2:
 
@Sks1997 :prayer: For a good outcome for you, your family and friend, so much worry & stress is not good for you, be gentle in yourself & take each day as it comes. I will of course include you all in my prayers xx
 
Just now seeing this, and your latest posts. I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Also that you can get the rest you need, & continue to heal. ❤️
 
By the way, my thoughts on regarding a massage, I would be extremely careful about who massages your knee. I would ONLY have a licensed physical therapist work my knee over. They have special ways to manipulate and move it around to decompress it, ensure patellar mobility, etc. A massage is great, but leave the knee to the Lic PT people. Knee is an amazingly complex structure. My 2 cents.
 
Just saw your posts, @Sks1997 and I’m so sorry that you and your family are dealing with so much. I’m sending prayers and healing thoughts your way … here’s hoping that everyone recovers soon and that you remain healthy throughout all of this.
 
@CamGram Awwwww, thank you so much! I just found out that I am positive. I figured that I was with so many of my family having it! I am thankful that I haven’t had it any worse than I have. It has felt like bronchitis to me.

Our good friend that is on the vent has made some improvement. They give people on the vent 50% chance of making it! Can you all keep him in your prayers?

Thanks everyone for the prayers!
 
Hugs and prayers to you, your family and your friend. I’m glad he’s had some improvement, and that you are not sicker than you are. :console2:
 
I was curious when most of you quit doing the exercises for flexion/extension? When I did my exercises yesterday for first time in almost a week, my knee got all inflamed/painful and has been today too. I did manage a few minutes on my bike today. It was nice those few days of not having much pain or discomfort in my knee when walking.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear your results were positive. I hope you will be better very soon. Glad your friend on the vent has had some improvement. Continuing to pray for all of you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom