Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

Today, while my husband was gone, I did shopping my way! I went in, got what I went for and right back out and did that at 2 stores. This evening he wanted me to go with him shopping again and I told him I would go but wouldn’t be able to go in. Told him I had already used up my knee for the day! He is so bad at making decisions and just staying WAY too long. He was glad that I rode along just to keep him company. We live in the boons so any town is about 30 min away.
 
Wow, a husband who enjoys to shop you are so lucky! my husband stay as far away as possible from them even clothes shopping he detest, I usually buy all his clothes, he tries them on at home and what he doesn't like or doesn't fit I take back.
At the moment he is having to do the food shopping, a great learning curve as he now realizes how expensive shopping is, especially as he doesn't take the time to compare prices and usually gets a shock at the checkout till :heehee:
 
My husband only likes to shop for our grandkids and likes to shop at sporting goods stores. He doesn’t like clothes shopping! He kind of likes grocery shopping. But he is good to hang out anywhere that I want to shop.
 
In our younger days we used to joke that my husband hyperventilated in a grocery store! One time he took our 3 year old with him, who knew where things were better than my husband did! :rotfl:

By the time I had my surgery and recovery he had progressed enough, not only to grocery shop, but he had no problem asking for help to find things. :yay:
 
I am 4 months post op of my Rt TKR. My progress is slow but I know that I am healing. The popping isn’t as bad when I walk. I am still having “start-up” pain when I rise after sitting for a few min but once I walk about 5-6 steps I am pretty good. I have learned to pace myself with housecleaning and cooking. I can be on my feet a little longer than a month ago, 20-30 min now. I have been out and about more this past month. The stairs are still very difficult and painful. Those quad muscles have a ways to go. Still have a slight limp but it has improved. I am back using my cane when I go out of the house. Better to use the cane than to have a fall!
I cut down on my exercises and only do about 4 of them per day plus I do my recumbent bike for 15-20 min/day.
I am thankful for this forum which keeps me from having unrealistic expectations and depression. This is a good time for me to recover since cold and nasty weather will be happening in this area until about April and I would be home a lot anyway!
Hope everyone is ready for Christmas and gets to see your loved ones! Merry Christmas! Can’t wait to see my kids and grandkids Friday evening!
 
Last edited:
You really have made improvements in the last month or so, yay! Slow and steady..... I know in another month you will have made even more strides. It just takes time!

Merry Christmas! :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
My knee has really bothered me today. I went out and about today to a couple places but didn’t over-do. My knee was really hurting last night in bed. I don’t usually have much pain at night. It was kind of like “zingers” or nerve pain but it was continuous. It seemed to finally let up but my knee has been so sore today. I didnt do anything strenuous yesterday either. Probably just one of those mysterious pains that comes and goes.
 
Merry Christmas to all!
COVID has indeed interrupted many celebrations this year. I am thankful to be out of the medical field. I retired just a few months after Covid started!
May we all recognize the non-monetary
Gifts in our life, the gift of eternal life, our chosen ones to spend our lives with, our children and grandchildren and many more.

And this group which has helped thousands of people over the years from all over the world and is helping me so much in this long recovery.

Enjoy this special day wherever you are and whatever part of recovery you are in!
 
Had our last Christmas party today! My poor daughter has Covid and a bunch of us were exposed so now I will be quarantined which won’t be a lot different from how I’ve been living anyway. I feel bad for my grandsons who will miss a lot of activities they were going to have while out on break! DARN COVID
She has been vaccinated and has the OMICRON variant so hopefully her symptoms wont be severe. Hope everyone had a great Christmas weekend!
 
@Sks1997
Hope everything works out for the best and your daughter gets better soon.
I get what you are saying about how being quarantined isn’t much different from how you have been living anyway- my husband and I are the same, no real difference between how we were living before Covid to how we are living now!
Other than this hiccup I hope you had a good Christmas and I am wishing you an early happy and healthy New Year!
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Sending healing prayers :prayer: for your family, these variants are spreading like wildfires, please stay Safe.
Like yourselves, my life hadn't overly changed, so lockdown did not effect us, my only fear is that my husband gets poorly, as owning a business he is in contact with the public, he wears a mask all the time but one never knows where these variants are hiding and whom they will effect.
It makes one scared to have to go out of the house, tomorrow is my first PT session and is held in our local hospital, I'm jolly well going out doubly masked as that really would be the last straw x
 
Good plan Sara! Once I am out of Covid jail, I plan to wear masks everywhere. Don’t want to mess up our trip in February to Florida. By the time we get to February, we are normally so sick of cold and winter that we really need that couple weeks of warm weather to adjust our attitudes, LOL!
 
Feeling pretty yucky today so didn’t get a lot done around my house. I did manage 10 min on my bike.
Hope all are doing well! I am always a little sad when Christmas is over and start wishing for Spring. My mom would say you are wishing your life away.
 
We might have Covid over here too. Hubby's been sick since C. Day. We overnighted a PCR test and should get the results today or tomorrow and tomorrow he has a rapid test scheduled. We thought it was just a cold (and still could be), it's been 2+ years since anyone has been sick. I'm ok so far, no symptoms. Luckily too, the quarantine for this strain is only 5 days and we are stuck with lots of snow so not going anywhere anyway..... Both my kids are fully vaxed and boostered. Hubby and I haven't gotten the boosters yet (I was waiting for Jan and for The Knee to heal more)

Me too on the longing for Spring. After the Christmas decs get put away I'm always longing for warmer weather and longer days. I'll start sitting out on my patio when it gets into the 50s. It will feel so warm compared to the teens and 20s we've been having lately.
 
Susie, we have several more with Covid. They have been talking about how contagious this new variant is and how fast it is going to go thru our countries. Hoping it is not as severe as the previous strains.
I am testing tomorrow morning for Covid. If I don’t have it, I have bronchitis. Coughing my brains out.
No energy, today will be a rest day!
Thanks for all the prayers!
 
Last edited:
@Sara61 My heart goes out to you! Your post reminded me of my first PKR in 2016. My pain was so severe for the first couple months and nighttime was horrible. I used to dread going to bed and didn’t sleep thru the night for 5-6 wks. I was on narcotic pain meds for over 2 months.
you have so much pressure on you with your MIL being there. I agree with Eire about maybe having your husband take your MIL back home. That would be a long trip for me at 4 mon out.
dang, I might be writing this on the wrong thread! Wishing the best for you with pain control and sleep and dealing with your MiL.
 
Ugh, I usually get bronchitis too when I get a cold. Surprised I'm not showing any symptoms (yet) but maybe I'm just lucky. Hubby spent the first two days sleeping and away from all of us but of course I sleep with him so I'm the most exposed. So far, so good..... :fingersx: I'm taking a daily zinc and vitamin C tablet.
 
I take a lot of supplements and I had added the zinc a couple months ago. I have heard the ones to focus on for COVID are Vitamin C, vitamin D3 and Zinc.

I wrote the above hrs ago and didn’t send it! Must be a little foggy!

Feeling a little worse this evening with chills. Probably going to spike a fever. I have some good prescription cough med that actually makes me sleepy. Sweet dreams to all!
 
Back
Top Bottom