Guest viewing is limited

THR Severe pain after 15 months<

Hoping all the best for you. Be careful...healing wishes and good mojo coming your way.:console2:
 
My pain has increased today, back to the previous levels prior to the trip. I have had my elderly Mum in hospital which means a lot of driving and running around for me. I am not sure what to do now?
I still have 3 months before I am reviewed by the OS. I haven't had a fall or injury this time.
It may be due to the extra walking, still supported on 1 crutch that I have had to do.
 
Gracious...3 more months? Don't guess if it gets increasingly worse, there is chance of seeing OS sooner?
Sorry that you are struggling.
 
I'm using the Tens machine at times, resting when I can and analgesics. Icing makes no difference at all, as it is bone pain and too deep. I've managed to survive 18 months of agony, as the first few months was sheer agony, I'll manage another 3 months. The worst decision of my life was to have a THR. It has cost me a loss of my 40 year career, I have no enjoyment in life and limited in my lifestyle and mobility. Not to mention the actual mounting monetary cost. We still don't really know why it all went wrong? I did everything asked of me all along.
I'll never forget the post-op pain, horrific. So to have the possibility of having a repeated surgery scares me to death. I was on 5 strong analgesics post op, plus a local anaesthetic line into my thigh and I was still crying out in pain, something to me was not right from the start.
 
Oh my goodness @Dickie 1, I can understand why you are feeling that way. While the first procedure was horrific, every procedure is different.
 
I don't think anyone wants to think about revision surgery after going through such tough recovery stuff.
I was perusing the site as I just remember someone who had a horrendous start at fixing hip that finally got things resolved.
We don't have any good choices sometimes.
I pray you can get a solution for this.
Know that we are thinking of you.
 
I'm so sorry for your pain. Physical and emotional.
I have no advice but can only offer prayer for answers, resolution and healing.
Best wishes for a peaceful relaxing week. @Dickie 1
 
Thank you everyone for the support.
Susan I see that you have had a recent THR, mine is a right side too. I was in Sydney a month ago.
Yes, revision surgery is high on the cards, but I don't really want to go there at present. Fibromyalgia and joint replacement are not a good mix.
The original surgeon says all is well, (really?) and I won't need a revision, the 2nd surgeon who was viewing the same CT says the hip prosthetic is most likely loose. How can 2 surgeons viewing the same CT scan have polar opposite opinions? I'm to return in March to the 2nd surgeon. He wrote on the X-ray slip, "Periprosthetic fracture for further investigation". No question mark on the slip either.
The original surgeon said it was a healing stress fracture. You wonder how I am even walking on this right leg?
My brother has returned to full time work and handballed the day to day care of my elderly Mother with Dementia over to me. It is really difficult to manage some days. However, I know we will have an answer in time.
 
Oh dear...dealing with Mom and this too.
I seriously feel for you.
Been daily struggling with my aging father also, not sure he has dementia although showing signs of extreme loss of short term memory and confusion so....
It's just alot.
Have to get some clarification about that fracture though. Please I hope you are using cane or crutch to relieve weight off that leg?
Try to have a good day ...as all have been reminding me :oyvey:we won't have parents here forever.
 
Still here for you and praying no revision surgery As I know I would not want it but IF you had to well..ugh ya gotta
 
Today, I phoned the OS rooms, as I received a letter from the OS wanting me to have a bone scan if the pain hasn't resolved. Originally the OS wanted a bone scan by the last appointment, but since the rooms never sent it to me and a stress fracture was found it was never done. Well his receptionist got on her high horse saying that she needed to phone me back. Well 4 hours later she did phone me back saying I could collect the request slip at the next appointment. So I said that why would he take the trouble to write to me, if he could give me the slip at the next appointment? I said it was meant to be done for the last review. In the end she said that she would post it to me.
I want the bone scan results as well as the x-rays for the next review. Otherwise a full picture isn't there. So much pain for so long makes me a tad cranky. I want a resolution asap.
 
Cranky is okay once in awhile. I'm sorry for your pain :console2:
Continue to be assertive.
Best of luck in seeking answers and resolution.
Hang in there.... @Dickie 1
 
Don't worry I was assertive, but not rude. How dare 2 staff discuss my case and decide that I can wait for the request form? However, if it is not sent out by the end of next week, I will phone them back. Alternatively, I could request the local GP for a request form, as a fall back option. It is bad enough that I need to wait till the end of March as it is. I did point out to the Receptionist that this bone scan should of been done last month, which was the original plan, but they failed to post the request form out to me.
Thank you for the ongoing support, it means a lot.
 
Sorry you are struggling. I know medical field is usually over taxed but really...what if it was them?
Hoping all gets going so you know.
Hope today is a Good Day ..:hi:
 
It seems no matter where we are located we can all have problems with the staff.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom