TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
With your keloid and my hypertrophic, we're gonna look like a couple of seriously bad Amazons! :heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I just did some research on the scarring. Recommendations include the silicone sheets or gel, vitamin E oil or Mederma. I've actually been using Mederma over the past few days but the articles I'm reading seem to indicate that it's hard to know whether the silicone sheets work better or as well as something like Mederma because it takes time to see results -- which might occur just because of the time involved, not the product.

I guess I'll keep trying the Mederma for awhile and if I don't notice any differences after awhile, I'll try the silicone sheets or gel.
 
I'm going to give the silicon sheets a try, mederma did nothing for me. Sure would be nice not to have this big purple worm on my leg.
 
I'm going to give the silicon sheets a try, mederma did nothing for me. Sure would be nice not to have this big purple worm on my leg.

LOL. Purple worm? Now that has to be a sight


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
LOL. Purple worm? Now that has to be a sight


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
It really is, started out as a nice thin purple line and is slowly morphing into a 3D purple worm looking thing, if left unchecked it will end up looking like a lumpy purple garter snake.
 
Isn't that odd, Pax? Mine was also a lovely thin line and then I looked down and this bizarro scar came out of nowhere. ..
 
Isn't that odd, Pax? Mine was also a lovely thin line and then I looked down and this bizarro scar came out of nowhere. ..
Yep same here although parts are almost invisible parts are rIsed and itchy drives me mad


20/01/2015
 
Hi @SeptemberZen - I thought you might like to get a snapshot of where you are in the process of healing.

The following is a link to an article which provides the current science regarding the healing beneath and around the implant and the medically acknowledged approximate timeframes for our bodies healing phases and processes.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

Nutrition plays a huge part in surgical recovery, in fact it is one of the 'forgotten topics' of recovery..

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

This third link refers to my ongoing research..

nutritional-snippets-did-you-know
 
Isn't that odd, Pax? Mine was also a lovely thin line and then I looked down and this bizarro scar came out of nowhere. ..
We seem to have won (?) some weird genetic lottery, yay us.
 
Well mine is kind of brownish pink. It is flattening out and widening some also. Hope it gets some pigment eventually.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well mine is kind of brownish pink. It is flattening out and widening some also. Hope it gets some pigment eventually.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
What is your ethnicity? It seems to determine much of what color a scar takes on over time. I'm Irish and French (second generation American) and mine and my family's tend to stay bright red/purple for years, my Mexican and African American friends scars seem to blend in more brown, my Asian coworkers carpal tunnel scars are very white. Interesting stuff, isn't it.
 
I'm African America , Indian, and British. Scar is now pinkish brown. Most of mine eventually darken, but they take on a flat texture. All my scope scars look like that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm African America , Indian, and British. Scar is now pinkish brown. Most of mine eventually darken, but they take on a flat texture. All my scope scars look like that. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

That is great, so many African Americans keloid, guess one of your other races/ethnicities kicked in. NO idea why mine go hypertrophic, no one in my family has that issue... I'm just a special little flower. :heehee:
 
Watch out for the hyper exstention. I did that when my knee buckled. Hurts like the dickens.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Very uncomfortable lately! I've been experiencing kind of a burning pain over the last couple of weeks, not on my knee but on the surrounding tissues. Also feels like my sciatica is acting up! Some days my whole leg aches and the pain meds just take the edge off, especially if it's damp out. Sighhhh.... it was starting to concern me a little until I Googled it and found a forum similar to this one where SEVERAL members complained of the exact same burning pain.

The explanation was just that at 12 weeks, I'm still healing, and I should take the pain meds, and try not to overdo.

Make sense?
 
Makes sense to me. With going back to work, you've put those tender, baby tissues under a huge amount of stress. The sciatica might be from the increase in sitting longer in less comfortable chairs. Patience is always the hardest part!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom