Guest viewing is limited

TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a couple places and only one had the tommy sleeves and non in my size.. Well that's a good sign if you haven't needed ice. Things should get better at work. At least your good and tired and ready for bed.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

If you can't find the copper infused sleeves in the store, Google them and buy them online. I couldn't find my size either at first (XXL). I have chunky knees! :-)
 
My husband found the Tommie Copper XXL sleeves at Walmart a week or so ago. He got two for me. They fit comfortably. I hope to use them after the bulk of my swelling goes down after surgery. If you don,t have a Walmart in your area with your size, I highly recommend their website for greater variety.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I actually didn't try walmarts, thought they wouldn't have them.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond surprisingly. I was going to order them online but I stumbled on them at BB&B one day. I've been wearing them on both the bionic and the non-op knee since I've gone back to work and I really think they've been helpful.
 
I will find me one this week or order it online.
Had my last PT rom 0/120


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you had a good weekend and rested from your first week at work.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Checked for reports of earth tremors in NYC big ZZZZZZs. Well done on your first week brilliant attitude and perseverance.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wow, are you guys right on time. Been up and down for the last couple of hours due to the usual: nighttime pain. I take my meds before bed only if I need them, but it doesn't matter either way. The only cure seems to be to get up. As always, if I stand up and walk for a minute or so, the pain subsides. Often, I'm too tired to do this, so I just toss and turn until sleep finally overtakes me again. Sooooo tired of this.......and was feeling majorly sorry for myself until I saw your notes.

You guys make me smile. :) :) :)

I work Tuesday through Saturday. Yesterday (Sunday), I didn't even get dressed! :) I took a long, lovely bath in the morning, then watched TV, slept, and ate junk food most of the day.

Today, I have to meet a realtor to sign a lease on a new apartment and then do a little bit of cleaning up in my current apartment, which looks like a hurricane hit it. I was too tired to do anything this past week except eat, peel off my clothes and sleep after work-- I pretty much left my clothes wherever they landed. The Boyfriend is out of town until Friday; I do all the cooking, he does all the cleaning. If he knew what the apartment looked like right now, he might not come home (hahaha).
 
Chortle, the gotta get up thing I did it and it was only way to get to point I could sleep again. Poor bf on the other hand it shows him you missed him, well his cleaning

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sounds like a great relaxing day, way to go! Is your new place going to be closer the work so the commute isn't as insane?
 
Hope the new apartment means less travel that will so help you I laughed at your Sunday clothes as I just can't wait to get in pjs I lived in them at the start of this journey and just feel so chilled in them plus sofa TV and a hubby bringing me cups of tea lol

I hope this week is easier for you slightly worried that if you are moving you will be over doing it packing boxes and such?


20/01/2015
 
I'm actually moving a little farther from work BUT the commute will be easier. I live in a suburban-ish town so the bus system is infrequent and it's not a major stop on the train. We're moving to a larger city, much more my speed, where train and bus service is more frequent so it will actually cut a little time off of my commute.

I'll be okay with the packing. I've moved so often in my life, I'm a whiz at it! But we're getting professional movers. When I moved in with the Boyfriend, my daughter, son in law, nephew and daughter's friend did most of the heavy lifting, but Boyfriend and I helped a lot. This time around, we'll let the professionals do the tough stuff! :-)
 
We're doing the same this go round, I didn't figure I'd be up for driving a Uhaul 1150 miles at the twelve week mark, so we have pros lined up to handle the move. We're still doing all the packing but they can do all the lifting and the driving... we'll just pile into the Subaru and take our time getting there.
 
hey SZ - totally get the comfy clothes thing - we have the most revolting weather happening today in Sydney - strong cold wind & heavy horizontal rain.... I did the chores with the car in the afternoon - home at 4pm and into PJs - I was not going out again for love not money. My knees are complaining with this weather - aching aching - driving me mad hence posting at 1.50am... its been an age since I made a middle of the nite post
 
Maggie - that is EXACTLY the kind of weather I'm dealing with today and I'm out in it!! The Boyfriend and I tried to make sure I had plenty of provisions before he left but you always wind up running out of something! I'm soaked to the skin and I have to go back out in a steady rain to catch the bus home. *grumble* *whine* *moan* *person*
 
Feel for you SZ, it's nasty out there and even though I'm home today and not out in it, the ache it's causing is getting on my very last nerve.
 
Glad you survived, where do you work, working on Saturday is yucky. Well you need some cheering up. You been a good hard working girl. Is it raining everywhere. Been rain for two days. My knee is defiantly a weather rod. I undress by the closet, easier to either hang it up or drop it in the hamper. Man the tired and sleepy are crawling all over me this weekend. Back home from my first day. Was busy all morning. Got a fresh Monday employee situation I had to handle. I think someone forgot to put the bell on this cat, because I had to pounce on a few people. It was not a bad start. Going to the OS at 3:30. Wish me luck on my noisy knee.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, hope it's just your knee getting to know you!
 
Wishing you good luck WB on the OS visit....It was beautiful here today, in the 70's and completely sunny...we might get some rain this week, but not very much, and we NEED it! But this is why we pay the big bucks to live in San Diego! Hope everyone had a good Monday!
 
Hope all is well with the noisy knee, WB!

Finally home, warm and dry! Yay!

To answer your question, WB, I work for NYC Transit as a payroll administrator. I work in one of the bus garages and since NYC is the "city that never sleeps" the buses and trains run 24 hours. Hence, the bus garages where buses are cleaned, maintained, repaired and dispatched are manned 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom