TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, did I pay for all that "stamina" last night. I thank whatever deity exists for Percocet because it helped me sleep but my sleep was very disjointed. Awake and asleep, trying to find a comfortable position, leg achy...... if I'm able to get through this week, it will be a miracle! Maggie, I'll save that trifecta for the weekend - I'll surely need it then!
:rolleyes:
 
Bet you felt like a marathon runner hitting the finish line. Hope the rest of the week goes well also. Keep icing and elevating when you get home.

Hope you have a really good day at work today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I bet your body was "over tired"...sometimes we are soo tired that our body's become restless and we end up having a very sleepless night..this is what used to happen to me when I did a big run or race..I ran/walked a 1/2 marathon the day before my 45th bday and that night I thought I would sleep like a rock...NOPE...slept like I was sleeping on a bed of rocks..but once your body gets used to this new routine with this new knee it will all fall into place..hang in there and CONGRATS!
 
How is day two going? Hope you're feeling strong.
 
I'm so tired right now. If I put my head down right now, I'd fall right to sleep. ..

Tough to get through the day without a nap. :-(
 
Much respect. Maybe a trip to the restroom and a quick nap leaning against the back wall is in order? :wink:
 
It really does, I became a master of the five minute nap when I was working night shift and going to school full time!
 
We got through hump day, Zen! In my Jammie's with my leg elevated all packed in ice and ready for the pain meds and Ambien to kick in. My first full week is halfway done! Hope you get home safely and have a good night a relaxing bath and sleep well!
:bath::sleeep::sleep:
 
Yep! Just made myself a lovely steak for dinner, got in my jammies and will take a pain pill shortly.

Had a much less painful day compared to yesterday. I'm guessing that my muscles are responding to the fact that they haven't been this active in awhile and they're getting just a little stronger every day.

The fatigue was a little challenging but I managed to push throught until the end of the day.

So far, so good!
 
Yay..I am soo happy for you ♡ Everyday will bring something new to you..keep up the good work and keep on smiling
 
This is a real milestone. Congratulations!!! Each week will be a bit easier. You're right that it will take some time to build up that stamina. It's amazing how fast things go when we are inactive! Hang in there.
 
Zen you are so the girl. You have faced your fears and concerns and galloped thru. Nice one hope steak was good.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Middle of the night post! Knee is reeeeeally sore, especially behind the knee. Didnt take anything before falling asleep but the pain woke me up so just took a Percocet and here we are. Saving the relaxing bath for the weekend, @AThom10731! LOL! So far, the pattern has been: get through the crazy commute, cook something fast or grab something from the fridge, get into something comfy, turn on the TV and pass out! Too tired to even run the water for a bath! LOL! The Boyfriend had to go out of town so I'm flying solo for two weeks.

People at work have been so lovely! Someone is always ready to go and fetch something for me, especially if it's in the upstairs office. I keep resisting, telling them that I need to walk around to keep things limber, but I'm reminded that I shouldn't overdo. Also, it's a lifelong habit to always say "No thanks!" whenever anyone offers to help and over the past couple of years I've had to learn to not go on auto-pilot, saying, "I'm fine! " when I'm not and let people help me when I need it.

Leg has been massaged and wrapped and pain meds have started to kick in. Maybe I can get back to sleep?
 
Steak was PERFECT, Legin! Took forever to learn how to cook a steak on the stove but I FINALLY learned the perfect technique. Yummmmmmm! :yes!:
 
Yep! Just made myself a lovely steak for dinner, got in my jammies and will take a pain pill shortly.

Had a much less painful day compared to yesterday. I'm guessing that my muscles are responding to the fact that they haven't been this active in awhile and they're getting just a little stronger every day.

The fatigue was a little challenging but I managed to push throught until the end of the day.

So far, so good!
I am going back 24th next week whole day invigilating an art exam start of UK exams looking forward and dreading it


20/01/2015
 
Oh yup I had to get a french lady teach me how to cook steaks.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Homeport, yesterday someone at work asked if I was glad to be back and my answer was similar: looking forward to it and dreading it!

There's only so much TV and so many movies I can watch! LOL! I like "good TV", meaning smart, well-acted dramas (The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey!), really funny comedies, intelligent documentaries, etc. I have a few guilty pleasures - I'm not total snobby about my TV choices-- but endless game shows, reality shows, soap operas, nope! Doesn't work for me, so I needed the stimulation of work and reconnecting with work friends. But it's tough!

This whole process has really shown ALL of us what we're made of, hasn't it? :ok:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom