Guest viewing is limited

TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take some candy, will help give you some energy when you need it. I have a foot roller, it will roll back and forth on the floor, rub my foot and keep my knee limber.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you SZ...hope you have a good day. Mx

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Well, I made it! Got in an hour late but no one squawked. Everyone was very happy to see me and I have to say, it feels good to be "back in the saddle". I'd sell my mother for a nap right now.... but I only have one more hour to go. :)

Thanks for the good wishes!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am in awe, full time plus a commute! I wager it'll be early to bed, lots of ice and some good drugs tonight.
 
You deserve a big glass of wine (or beer, or bourbon)! :beer:
 
Have a good night of sleeping and a great day tomorrow!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great job my friend! You DID it! and you survived it! SOO proud of you! Hopefully you are in bed with some ice and a good book and getting ready for the meds to do their work....
 
Just had dinner, munching on some trail mix and waiting for the Percocets to kick in! Soooo glad I saved some because I hurt from stem to stern right now....but I did it.

One day down, four more to go...yikes!
 
Have you considered taking ice bags to work, that way you can ice during breaks. I plan to take my cryo-cuff to work and a stool to elevate my leg.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Surprisingly I didn't feel the need to ice or elevate all day. I didn't even need my pain meds! I brought them with me but I was never really in any significant pain. The toughest part was coming home -- my commute is about two hours and involves walking a few blocks and climbing subway stairs. By the end of the day, all that walking and climbing wasn't as much painful as it was just exhausting.

The pain didn't come until I got off the last bus and had to walk through the apartment complex. I was never so glad to see the door to my apartment as I was tonight - hahaha! By the time I started down the walkway, I nearly cried from joy, anticipating kicking off my shoes and collapsing into a chair, which was exactly what I did!
 
Good job SZ! You are on your way to normal again!!!!! Keep up the good work and good spirits! Hope you get some good rest tonite!
 
You deserve a big glass of wine (or beer, or bourbon)! :beer:

SZ - Why be abstemious... go the trifecta:yes!: LOL

SZ you should be proud of yourself. This is a huge achievement. Normal is knocking at your door girlfriend - Maggie x
 
Aww I bet that front door became your best friend. So well done you and wow re meds. One huge point is shouting out your main hurdle is stamina and that will come doing normal daily activities denied to you before because of pain. Wee jig for you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
That is one heck of a journey for anyone without knee op you should be proud of yourself xxx


20/01/2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom