Guest viewing is limited

September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Super September People!

I am getting a new hip on September 27. I was totally psyched when I scheduled it a few months back and have spent a good deal of the summer saying, "I wish it were sooner!" but now I am super nervous--mostly that I may have foolishly not planned enough time off from work. I am fairly young (42), in good health, and my surgeon is using anterior approach. Plus, my job is not strenuous, I am a college prof. My doc advised 2 weeks off from work--does that seem nuts? Hoping I can do it and that surgery goes well. Really tired of chronic pain and lethargy due to the hip (sorry, hip, I know you're trying...).
 
I have a question even though Ive already done this but does the surgeon know ahead of time if you will need a bone graft?
Lisybug, you need to ask this question in your thread and tag Josephine as she will be able to answer this for you.
 
Hipnothoppin, This is my first time to reply, hope I am doing this right.
I also am scheduled for September 10th.
 
I have brought the September list forward so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires ​
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to my list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to share this journey toward hip replacement and to chat with other members. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
2 Sept 13 Red Shoe​
3 Sept 13 Hipsy, 55beachgirl​
5 Sept 13 Deafdogz, Steph7409​
8 Sept 13 Inspiration​
9 Sept 13 Lt. Columbo 's son (his second)​
10 Sept 13 Lisybug (her second), hipnothoppin, ptnanny​
11 Sept 13 Skay (her first), Kerilyn (her second), Vetgirl​
16 Sept 13 Road Glider​
17 Sept 13 inthebeginning​
19 Sept 13 AlbertaGirl​
24 Sept 13 yampster (her second), UHOHHO (HO excision from THR)​
25 Sept 13 Skay (her second)​
30 Sept 13 Butterfly​
 
Hi ptnanny and hipnothoppin I'm happy to have some surgery day buddies!
 
I'm glad it's almost over with having one side done already I know it's gonna get a lot better but mostly feeling like this:shocked: a lil tiny bit stressed lol
 
We will both be good to go soon. I do have arthritis in my left hip too. I will probably be in the same boat and have to get that one done too someday. How has your recovery been from the first one?
 
My surgery (THR) is next Tuesday - 9/3/13. Can't wait!!! Ever since I had to discontinue my ibuprofen, I have been miserable!
 
ptnanny, go to the top of the page and hover mouse over your user name. From the drop down menu click on Personal Details. You will see two boxes that can be checked under your Date of Birth. You may click on both or just the second to allow your age to show. Then scroll down the page and SAVE your change.
 
To everyone undergoing the slice and dice in September (mine is Sept 10), …hip replacement is one of medicine‘s biggest success stories. We have chosen this surgery to make our lives better. There will be bumps along the way and we will hurt, but isn’t that the case with all things worthwhile?
It will help nothing if we spend these coming days ruminating and worrying. Instead lets eat well, exercise if possible, connect with friends and family and gain strength from their support.
That said, I am scared to death so I think I’ll go shopping for some cute hospital outfits.
Happy days to all.
hip not hoppin
aka Nancy from Texas
 
Recovery went pretty smooth with no complications I had a very bad hospital experience which scared me so then recovery was slow I had just given birth to my daughter 9 months earlier and totally overdid it with following hip precautions to the point where I was stiff as a board by the time I started PT 6 wks out but that all worked itself out and I can stand on my operated leg alone and pick up stuff off the ground my right hip is dislocated right now so I am totally depending on my replaced hip! And it feels great
 
Well said Hipnothoppin. Lisybug, that must be terrible to have a dislocated hip until surgery.
Welcome Road Glider. How are you feeling?
 
Not long now...good luck to everyone especially Red Shoe who is up first

Welcome to our new Additions......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom