September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stillnuts welcome hip buddy :) we can all celebrate together and should be dancing by autumn.
 
Add me to September. My date for left hip (the wor, bus st one) is September 30. I was hoping for a whole lot sooner, but alas . . .

Second one will be about a month later -- I schedule that one tomorrow.

How do I add the date to my signature line?
 
I have brought the August list forward so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
​
​
Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires ​
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
​
​
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to my list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to share this journey toward hip replacement and to chat with other members. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
​
​
2 Sept 13 Red Shoe​
8 Sept 13 Inspiration​
5 Sept 13 Deafdogz​
11 Sept 13 Skay (her first), Kerilyn (her second)​
14 Sept 13 Want 2 Walk Beau​
19 Sept 13 AlbertaGirl​
25 Sept 13 Skay (her second)​
30 Sept 13 Butterfly​
 
And me, but not until Sept 30. I wish it was tomorrow, too, and I'm counting the days. And probably the second one late October, so I'll probably be an October whatever-it-is also. Hope to be a lot better by Christmas!
 
Oooh fab, there's more of us. Not long peeps and we will be bionic and ready to take on the world :kittykiss:
 
Well, here we go! RTHR on September 11th, LTHR on September 25th. I can't come soon enough but I am anxious.
 
Yeah! Another person on 11 September! Hi Kerilyn.
 
Does anyone else feel... on a good day, maybe I really don't need the surgery? I sometimes feel like I am just being a hypochondriac. Then again, when I try to sleep, I wake up because of pain; when I try to walk at a normal pace, I get SHARP pains and have to stop.
I am having one of those days.
 
HI Skay... Yes we are the same day and the same age :) I know what you mean about ...
Does anyone else feel... on a good day, maybe I really don't need the surgery? I sometimes feel like I am just being a hypochondriac. Then again, when I try to sleep, I wake up because of pain; when I try to walk at a normal pace, I get SHARP pains and have to stop.
I am having one of those days.
I went through the same thing. When I went to the DR to schedule my surgery, it was a good day and I thought hmm do I really need to do this and then bam! I had a reality check when I had constant sharp pains ugh! Wish it wasn't true but I keep reminding myself I will be pain free and able to get on with life once it's done :yahoo:
 
Yep, I have good days and think" nothing wrong with the darn thing" oh how it gives me a wake up call :groan:
 
Oh, today was one BAD day. Made me really long for September. :cry:
 
Oh, today was one BAD day. Made me really long for September. :cry:
Hugs from across the pond, I too have had a bad day. Won't be long though and we will be on the other side :kittykiss:
 
Unfortunately, my hips have progressed to a point where I don't have "good" days like that anymore. I did in the past, though, and that's one of the reasons I fooled around so long in going ahead and getting this done. Then when you get to the point where you decide you have to go ahead, you encounter lots of waiting for an appointment with the OS and then a longer delay for the operating room and surgeon to come available at the same time. Hence, I'm not scheduled for the first hip till September 30 and the second one on November 4. The handwriting on the wall was there a long time ago, I just was too stubborn (and scared) to read and accept it. Fooey!

Love and peace to you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom