Guest viewing is limited

September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sept 23! Now that its getting closer I am starting to panic! Mostly about getting everything done in my home beforehand. I am not worried abt the actually surgery. It's the recovery that is freaking me out! But I am ready to get this done. I can't live with the pain anymore!
 
I have brought the September list forward so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
​
Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires ​
​
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to my list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to share this journey toward hip replacement and to chat with other members. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
​
​
2 Sept 13 Red Shoe​
3 Sept 13 Hipsy, @55beachgirl​
5 Sept 13 Deafdogz, Steph7409​
8 Sept 13 Inspiration​
9 Sept 13 Lt. Columbo 's son (his second), @55beachgirl​
10 Sept 13 Lisybug (her second), @hipnothoppin, @ptnanny​
11 Sept 13 Skay (her first), Kerilyn (her second), Vetgirl​
12 Sept 13 @stronggal​
13 Sept 13 @Saskskyboy​
16 Sept 13 Road Glider​
17 Sept 13 inthebeginning, @Sassypants​
19 Sept 13 AlbertaGirl​
23 Sept 13 deb63, Roofmaster (his second)​
24 Sept 13 yampster (her second), UHOHHO (HO excision from THR)​
25 Sept 13 Skay (her second)​
30 Sept 13 Butterfly​
 
Inspiration...you are next. Best of luck. I hope all the new hippies are going well....I can only see one thread and that's Red Shoe's ...have I missed any?

stronggal I am doing well. We are not supposed to focus on anyone else in someone elses recovery thread so that's why I am answering here. I look forward to following you too :egypdance:
 
Successful surgery on Tuesday, and looking forward to going home tomorrow (Friday). Had the anterior approach. Very little pain, up walking the day after surgery, with a walker. Worst part now is the boredom of being in the hospital, off most pain meds (so not even sleeping the hours away).
 
Hipsy and beachgirl. My sincere apologies for not getting on here before your surgeries to wish you good luck....my daughter fractured her finger on the weekend so I'm an expert at specialist appts now!!! Hope it all went well....I am looking for your recovery threads

Good luck to Deafdogz and Steph7409...I hope it all goes well xxx
Doing great! Just posted an update.
 
Wow....you are doing so well!!! No pain meds though????? Are you in pain.

glad it went so well
 
55beachgirl, That is great. Been wondering how you are doing. Please share any tips you have, I am 5 days away.
The advice I have is a little late to do anything about 5 days out, but going into surgery in the best possible shape you can ("prehab") and having a great surgeon who does the direct anterior approach are my two recommendations. Wishing you a successful surgery and and easy recovery!
 
That's great news 55beachgirl yours went amazingly smooth! Great advice too.
Only 4 more days now ptnanny & hipnothoppin!!
 
Thanks Lisybug and Vetgirl. I have been doing good mentally, trying to appreciate each thing I am able to do now that I will struggle with during recovery. Yesterday, I had a couple of moments when I thought, I feel pretty good, what the heck am I doing? But, I quickly reminded myself of the why, when I went over to buy some new tennis shoes and had that old familiar feeling getting out of the car. Better days are coming for us. Can't wait to go on a vacation and walk, walk, walk.
 
Thank you vetgirl
I hear ya ptnanny I woke up this morning and said happily I can't wait to get this over with...last year I was in super bad shape pretty overweight and totally out of shape (I was 9 months postpartum and had been on crutches 6 months) and about 3 weeks after surgery I felt alright not to bad the surgical pain was pretty much over then you have all kinds of weird recovery pains but there not bad just annoying then 6 months out I was finally glad to wake up in the morning like wow this is great but then my right hip dislocated soooo 6 months from now should be amazing!!
I got bored so I made a lil countdown to surgery ticker:)

[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
 
Oh, Lisybug, You have sure had a time of it.
I have just been struggling with the arthritis for about 3 years, did the shots and anything else I could think of. I want to be able to take walks again, and get in and out of the car without having to stand there and wonder when I might be able to close the door and move. I like your little countdown. Thanks for telling me about your experience. I don't actually know anyone who has had a hip replacement surgery. I will look ahead to 6 months and maybe plan a nice vacation. (with lots of morning walks).
 
I want to be able to take walks again, and get in and out of the car without having to stand there and wonder when I might be able to close the door and move.

Aaaarrrrgggghhh! Doesn't happen every time, but when it does......I can't wait.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom