Guest viewing is limited

September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butterfly - "scheduled for the first hip till September 30."
That is my Birthday! Sure to be a lucky day! The waiting is awful. Today I woke up and could hardly move. I sympathize with your wait time. Here you finally decide it is time...then someone decides...no...it has to wait for this, that and the other.
There are three "hipsters" in my office. One of them is praying for someone to cancel so she can get in before November.
 
Is anyone else doing pre-op exercising/physical therapy? There is one exercise that just makes me sweat and almost cry it hurts so bad. My friend, the PT says it is probably the most important exercise to keep the new hip in the socket. Had she not said that, I would happily skip it.
 
Skay yep, I'm doing pre op physio in a hydrotherapy pool. Nothing too strenuous, just walking and wearing weights on legs. I also do the clam exercise on dry land of course :) but I'm finding this really painful to do so giving it a break. What the exercise that your doing that hurts? If it hurts to do then I wouldn't do it.
 
Butterfly here's the clam exercise but don't do it if it hurts and ask your doc first or physiotherapist

 
Red Shoe, Butterfly, and Skay, ladies PLEASE post comments and questions in one another's threads. This thread is for listing surgery dates. The info you are sharing here will NOT be seen by very many other members as they do not visit this thread as often as they do actual member threads.

Here are links showing you how to locate your thread or another member’s thread. How can I find my threads and posts? Finding another member's threads and post
Thanks for your cooperation.
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
 
Hi. I am getting a RTHR on September 11. I'm shocked and scared and if they could repair my labral tear I'd probably get some more time with my hips but as its not going to get better why wait till its gets really really bad? So here I am a September sapphire
 
Welcome back Aussie Vetgirl... Looking forward to following your journey :)
 
I have brought the September list forward so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
​
​
Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires ​
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
​
​
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to my list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to share this journey toward hip replacement and to chat with other members. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
​
​
2 Sept 13 Red Shoe​
3 Sept 13 Hipsy​
8 Sept 13 Inspiration​
5 Sept 13 Deafdogz​
11 Sept 13 Skay (her first), Kerilyn (her second), Vetgirl​
14 Sept 13 Want 2 Walk Beau​
19 Sept 13 AlbertaGirl​
25 Sept 13 Skay (her second)​
30 Sept 13 Butterfly​
 
We have a growing list of September Sapphires, time will fly...
 
tlhr 3/9/13 absolutley terrified ( poss mini hip) :yikes:
 
This is the scariest part Hipsy, but you have lots of surgical buddies to chum up with... and us of course :)
 
This is the scariest part Hipsy, but you have lots of surgical buddies to chum up with... and us of course :)

ahh thanks so much poppet , its really good to know there are other people who are going through the same and have been through the same as you , its a scary thing when you have never done it its great to have encouragement , thankyou to everyone :thankyou:
 
Hipsy, we love supporting our members. But also we have a lot of guests who visit the forum and gain good advice and information..
win, win I would say :)
 
having a bit of a melt down now :yikes: had a coupe of not to bad days with hip and starting to think hmm maybe wait a little longer , i was all set up to do it , worrying about kids,hubby , animals , being stuck in house for weeks , all the ifs and buts i was actually trying to get my husband to agree with me to wait a bit longer , he just looks at me like , omg she,s off again lol i actually feel sorry for him , just looking to chat to anyone else who has been going through the same surgery is 3/9/13 the closer it gets the worse im getting , im worried i will get there and chicken out , what a wimp i am lol anyway dont really know why i posted this , thats what i mean meltdown lol :gaah:xx
 
Hipsy I had a serious meltdown yesterday, too, so don't feel bad about that --the whole thing suddenly seemed more than I could face and the waiting is awful. I'm better now, but I guess these meltdowns just occur. Better just go on and get it done. In my case, I don't have any choice, my hips are so bad.

We'll get through it just fine.

Peace and love to you from across the big pond.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom