Guest viewing is limited

THR Seeing the Light!

Hi @Alitm. I have been MIA today. I have backslid on pain and energy, which happens, I know. My OS office gave me a prescription for PT and could not help me wth any suggestions of names or locations of PT appropriate for me. I frankly don’t have the energy to pursue this right now. Just trying to get through today.

Maybe in a few days I will be up to it. Sigh.

Went to a colleague for acupuncture today who did only a few things and told me that I was too weak for a full treatment (ouch). Tomorrow hair appt — because why in the world would I not have thought that I could have a hair appointment seven weeks after surgery?! Crossing my fingers.
 
Aww, sorry you're feeling blue. I'll bet is a little fatigue / Energy Drain along with some Post Op Blues.
Hopefully a few days of rest and sleep will make all feel brighter! :SUNsmile:
Hugs and warm wishes you feel better soon. I'll bet the hair appt tomorrow helps :wink:
@lovesstars
 
Sorry you're feeling a bit punk today, @lovesstars--that would be me today as well. I really pushed myself too hard yesterday, including an ill-advised outing to a local bar where my younger son is the Trivia host. I slept badly, and then decided today to lie completely low and do nothing but watch old black-and-white movies on TMC. But it is just one day, and I hope tomorrow--for both of us--brings renewed energy and less discomfort. Onwards!
 
Hairdresser will help @lovesstars ...it did me anyways. Linger long in the shampoo recliner, I chatted up the shampoo girl since she was so nice and it felt so good to be reclining and after she gave me a wonderful scalp, neck massage that was so needed after all the 72 pillow back sleeping weeks! I had her leave conditioner in longer...legs were elevated up and feeling good! And gave her a generous tip at the end. My hairdresser was very sympathetic and brought over another chair for me to elevate my feet on during the long stretches in his chair. You'll get some needed pampering and feel better, just take it slow ketchuppy step....by....step. Sorry about the energy drain and the pain, know it well. Soon, there will be more glimmer in the road for you!
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
@lovesstars sorry to hear about this and I hope you find a decent physio who can take care and concentrate on your gait. I was on one crutch all day yesterday when walking about at work and there were timeswhen I wished I was back to two as could feel hip pulling. No way would I be On a cane right now.

Once home I had no choice but to ice and rest which did help.

It does seem that recovering is so different for people. I would love to have been flying through this like some others on the forum here but not the case for me! You have been looking after your mother too and it is not surprising you are so tired! She has only just left after all xx

Hope the hairdressers goes well and things get better for you very very soon. With any luck you should start “recharging” and feel a lot better in a few days. Fingers crossed!
 
Hope today is a good day with good hair.
Big hugs lovesstars:friends:
 
Sorry to hear you are feeling down - those blue "clouds" tend to circle around so hopefully it will be gone soon. I wish I had some helpful advice in finding a great PT. I have already told my OS that for the next 'go round', I will NOT be seeking out PT. No way. Those guys didn't even have the spine to call me after I left a message with the assistant about cancelling upcoming appointment because of the fracture!! After working on me for 12 weeks, I would've thought they maybe would call??

It's COLD, rainy and dreary here in Colorado - this is day 2 of 4 so I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing it come your way. Enjoy the hair appointment today - I love the advice to linger and let them pamper you. Absolutely YES!!!! I'm hoping your state of mind will be lifted way up during and after!

Do yourself a 2nd favor and have that mexican food delivered for AFTER your appointment. Thinking of you today!
 
Thanks all. Got a call from PT scheduler this morning. She wanted to schedule me for mid-November. I told her that I was 7 weeks out and still having pain and icing and she was genuinely shocked. She did squeeze me in at 7:30 Thursday morning and told me that I have to tell the PT I just need evaluation...not heavy duty exercise.
But she was “shocked”...is she just poorly educated or am I so far outside norms?!?! (I did not say what I was thinking, which was if she is a total idiot. See how diplomatic I am being?!)
:shocked:
 
Hi,
She's a scheduler, not a doctor. She knows nothing about you, or your history. Dismiss her ignorance.
She should simply say she's sorry you're suffering discomfort, rather than overreact.
I'm concerned for you to engage in PT while you're in pain. Is your OS suggesting you do this, if you don't mind me asking?
@lovesstars
 
I know you've read this and the decision is yours but I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you.
Don't want to see you suffering -

BIG TIP:
Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
Hi @Layla. Thanks for checking in. I absolutely read that and I know that I don’t need exercise. I am asking for evaluation — how I am doing. (The same kind of PT help that @EL11 is getting). I called office of OS and asked for this and they okayed it. When I asked for specific guidance for someone who could give me exactly that kind of input, they told me they couldn’t help me on suggestions. So...yeah I get that I am slow and it feels like I am the SLOWEST.
When I get to PT on Thursday morning I am going to tell him that I am doing all my exercises, that I do seem to be progressing but SLOWLY...and ask for input.
I don’t necessarily have to do what he says...I just need an opinion/evaluation.

I feel like I am flailing here.
 
Ok, @SurreyGirl, you are making me smile. My hair guy is this super gorgeous super talented 32-year old man. I saved up all my jokes for this appt. I told him that I have lost so much hair since the surgery — and that there would be less for him to do, as a result, but that I didn’t expect a discount. That made him laugh. I told him that I needed a warm tint to distract from my cold personality. He giggled. He told me that it was good that I hadn’t lost my sense of humor during all this — I assured him I had been saving it all for today. He laughed again.

He did a pretty good job but it didn’t take the pallor from my skin...hey, no one is a miracle worker (she says as she forces a protein shake down her gullet).

But the most important thing is I got out of the house and am not super sore right now. Hurray!
 
Hurrah and great to hear.this. I need to see my hairdressing guy too. Have been with him around 15 years so half my married life! Hair is a mess atm and very grey at the top. Briefly thought about going completely grey and that thought lasted about 10 seconds! You have inspired me to go and book an appt now :)
 
@SurreyGirl I suppose these little bits of “maintenance” that we have to do...they do help us to feel like we are ‘caring for ourselves’ — even if we have to move heaven and earth to get there. Was validating for me that I could still make someone laugh...even as I watched 3-inch pieces of hair dropping to the ground...
 
I just hope that PT's evaluation is realistic given your unique circumstances. It would be hard to see you discouraged if PT's opinion is that you should be further along. You are where you should be due to your condition coming into it all. Whose to say you're SLOW? I just ran through your thread. You were non weightbearing for two months before surgery. Post 151, your OS visit must have been reassuring to you. I hope you reference it when you're feeling disappointed. Mojo' s lavender post it note scribble serves as a reminder of the reality of recovery. Something to look at also when you're feeling discouraged.

I'm glad you got to the salon. I hope it made you feel better. Wonderful to hear you handled it physically also. We're all different...but I found blowing out my hair and applying some make-up, most days, from pretty early into recovery lifted my mood and made me feel "normal" when I caught myself in the mirror. I didn't feel so "patient" like. Mani / Pedis too. I think getting back into these habits serve as a mood lifter of sorts. Getting dressed also, not wearing pjs or loungey attire day in and day out.

I hope Thursday goes well, you receive the reassurance you need, and an ideal plan to help you move forward. You know we're here rooting for you and will continue to walk alongside you.
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing evening!
@lovesstars
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom