Guest viewing is limited

TKR Second TKR'

I forgot my handicapped placard going to work, but the knee is doing so well, I decided to just park in general parking in the deck this morning. All went well until I went down the two flights of stairs. The most down stairs to date for me. As I approached the bottom, I noticed some pain on the outside of my knee. Then I felt a sharp pop, and pain level went past 10. I hobbled across the street to a bench and rubbed my poor knee. Any bending hurt like anything. I sat 10 minutes wondering who I should call, since I was not going anywhere. But the pain subsided, and I tried using it, and I could walk with little to no pain. I wonder if I popped an adhesion or what.
 
I think it's too soon to have adhesions, but I don't know for sure. Maybe a tendon got caught on something. Josephine might have an idea. I hope it was adhesions!
 
Almost same parking situation today, first floor handicapped was full I parked on the second floor. Same steps, felt less "resistance" than yesterday, and no pain. I'm sure I popped a scar tissue. :egypdance:
 
7 weeks tomorrow, the knee feels almost normal. I forget about it a lot. Closer to 0 extension and easily 130 flexion. stairs are fine, and kneeling on something soft is OK. The only issue left is bedtime. The sides of the knee do not like prolonged pressure or contact, and I still need pain meds at night.


It is still a bit swollen and warmer than the other knee, so it's not done yet.
 
Sounds like when you get home you need to follow the BoneSmart Mantra. Yes, your knee is still healing, while you are doing very well in the early days, the soft tissue will take a year to fully complete healing
 
Cleaning the roof with my broom and new knee! I did have a minor event cleaning the gutters with an extension ladder. I forgot one step is missing on the "outer" ladder for the hooks that let it extend, and I missed that step one time, over-flexing the new knee. Hurt a bit, but it's fine, now.


[Bonesmart.org] Second TKR'
 
There's an awfully brave man on that roof with a brand new knee! I can barely climb stairs much less a ladder!
 
Somehow that doesn't seem like part of the Bone Smart mantra. Are you out of your mind??? Take care you.
 
I can see why your gutters needed clearing, Jim, but oh my! that was risky for you. :flabber:
I hope you don't have to do it again too soon.
 
tomorrow is my 8 week (plus a couple of days) followup. The OS gets to see how a knee does with NO Homecare, PT or specific exercises. :)
 
Oh, you're getting plenty of exercise! Somehow, I don't think he'd approve of you on a roof yet!
 
With all the folks that seem to need spacer changes, I'm not sure if I'm glad or concerned my knees don't have spacers. :what:
 
The size of the spacer isn't really much of a problem for most people. I think it's just that we have a few people needing a spacer change at the moment. Then we could go for months without anyone needing it.
Remember the "scatter effect" in statistics?
 
Well, I "failed" my check-up, knee still not at 0 extension. Never mind it is further along that the first knee at this point. Back again in a month, he reminded me my window for ROM is closing! :rofsign:
 
I hope your surgeon didn't use the word fail. I got the impression from a previous post that you are pretty close to zero, and your flex is quite high. That hardly strikes me as a fail.
 
Don't they just get under your skin! Now, don't you let that window close on you!! :heehee:
 
no, he did not use that word, he was just wanting me at 0, and trying to get me to accept PT for it again. I'm maybe 3-4 degrees extension, 130+- flexion. I'm quite happy! That's better than the first knee at this point, and it's easily 0, now, maybe a little past. After a year. it took 9 months to reach 0.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom