TKR Second TKR'

Remember that your surgeon's goal does not have to be your goal. ROM (both flexion and extension) can continue to improve for a year or longer after a TKR, so there's no need to rush.
Just work gently at extension. Don't do anything that hurts.
 
Oh, I know that well, I see it with my first knee. I have no pain in the new knee, and I only allow Ann to push it to stretch the hamstrings in back, not painful. Flexion has little room to improve! :rofsign:
 
I didn't have 0 extension for many months. Other than that, I was at 125 at 5 weeks, so my PT was done, as far as I was concerned. My PT and surgeon agreed. It will come....nothing at all to stress over.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
My PT and surgeon agreed. It will come....nothing at all to stress over.

I know. My OS felt that way on the first knee, but this time he seems obsessed. I'm wondering if insurance requires it. My flexion at 11 weeks is beyond 135. I don't think it was ever less than 120 post op
 
Busy weekend for the new knee! I replaced our toilet, which involved kneeling on the tile floor. Felt a little odd, but no pain. Then up and down kitchen ladders replacing a 4 tube light fixture. Finally, a sit on the floor fixing an under kitchen sink leak. :egypdance::egypdance:
 
Any ill effects from all that work?
 
Tell your surgeon all the things you were able to do with your new knees.
Do let us know what he says.
 
Busy weekend for the new knee! I replaced our toilet, which involved kneeling on the tile floor. Felt a little odd, but no pain. Then up and down kitchen ladders replacing a 4 tube light fixture. Finally, a sit on the floor fixing an under kitchen sink leak. :egypdance::egypdance:
That is an absolutely wonderful report---you have given others, who are in the midst of the "dark Days or Recovery" a great look at what awaits them!! (well, not necessarily changing out the toilet...:snork::snork:)
 
Wow!!! Just wow!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
OS said I was doing great! Finally! :wowspring::loveshwr::dancy::spin::happydance::yay:

I told him all I was doing, and his only comment was that most folks with TKR use a cushion when they kneel, but if I kneel on bare floor, be sure it's clean in case I get a scrape or cut, so the chance of infection is lower. He wants me to keep working casually on the knee straightening but it's close enough now.

And I'm off my aspirin blood thinner, last med!
 
Wonderful news! Finally your doctor was in a good mood!
 
I'm so glad your surgeon was pleased with your knee. :yes!::yay::spin:
 
My surgeon has also been working on my extension. I'm at 8 weeks today. My hamstrings are all knotted up. It's amazing. My last two visits he dug his thumb into them and massaged them. Then he laid on my lower leg for 3 seconds. He repeated that several times and was able to get my leg to lay flat. Not sure what part of waiting around for swelling to go down would have loosened up my hamstrings for 0 extension in this case.

Sounds like you are doing great! @jmdearras I went back to work this week full time. Doing well with it!
Keep up your good work. :)
 
That is an absolutely wonderful report---you have given others, who are in the midst of the "dark Days or Recovery" a great look at what awaits them!!
It certainly helped that it was my second knee. I knew what was beyond the "dark days" and did not stress at all. I also knew what to push and what not to push. No Pain, better progress!
 
Yesterday, I replaced a disposal and all sink drain plumbing. My knees were not an issue. I consider them both complete, I seldom think of them. even kneeling on hard floors does not both them. I thank BoneSmart for all the advice, some I took, and some I didn't. :)
 
Another great report on your progress! I'm so glad everything has gone well for you.
 
Thank you for such a great report!!! You have given some folks, who are in the "Dark Days of Recovery" a great deal of hope----they now know what awaits them!
 
I doubt I'll ever be where you are, Jim, but reading it sounds really good.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom