Guest viewing is limited

TKR Second TKR'

This is my second day of taking the 4 flights of stairs instead of the elevator. I get a bit winded, but I make it! No knee issues, but my leg muscles are letting me know this is work!
 
Well done! I'm so glad both your knees are doing so well. :yes!: :happydance:
It does seem to take a long time to get back your general fitness, doesn't it? I often joke that my knees are fitter than I am.
 
I handle the chariots (golf carts) at a Bethlehem Walk event. Last night I had a weird event. I was aiding a woman about my age to the cart, she limped and was unsteady. She volunteered that she needed the cart ride because she had had her knee replaced in June. I didn't tell her mine was replaced in July. And I was the stable one.
 
Could her other knee have been bad and so she needed assistance?
 
She was clear it was the TKR one giving her the issue, she could barely get in the cart, it didn't bend enough. She didn't seem to feel it was unusual at 5 months.
 
Everyone heals at a different pace. You did the right thing by saying nothing about your miraculous recoveries. You are the except to the rule, for sure!
 
If she's over done it at PT it could still be swollen or if she just a sweller. Some still have swelling at a year.
 
Well, I'm really not trying to diagnose her, just express my reaction to the situation!:wowspring:
 
Yes, it must have felt strange for you.
You acted like the perfect gentleman, in helping the woman and not saying anything about your knees. Well done!
 
I'm feeling more and more normal with my knees. This morning I found I was pacing waiting for the microwave to finish! :)
 
I'm glad you're feeling so good. :santaclap: :santawave: :dancing:
 
Had my 6 month checkup last week. Finally, my OS said my recovery was exceptional! :wowspring:

he always had something to be disappointed with before. He told me my results were better than what most folks get. :loveshwr:
 
Well, now.....that IS some great news! Congratulations and I'm glad your surgeon finally recognized that you're doing well. How do you think your knees are doing?
 
I do not see how I could be happier with them! If not for the scar, no one would know, and I would forget!
 
Whoopie!!!!:roseshwr: Now that's what we love to hear!!! Thanks for letting us know you're back to the good life!
 
Long time since the last post. Last OS checkup a few months back, all is well. I seldom notice them, anymore. They are as good as OEM ever were. Kneeling still feels a bit odd, but no pain. I can squat and crawl with my grandkids, now! I did have an event that scared me, I was crossing a street in slick flip-flops, on a painted crosswalk in the rain. Suddenly I had zero traction and fell forward on my knees and hands. Skinned both knees. I called my OS, got the nurse and she said that did not hurt the knees, just take something for the pain. I was sore a couple of days, but all came out fine!
I have recovered almost all feeling on my 2nd knee, the one closed with a single stitch, but the first one, closed with staples (and poorly realigned) is still mostly numb.

The weather detection option failed, my knees are not interested in the weather. and standing from sitting a while is not painful.

Jim
 
Last edited:
Just getting caught up on your thread. I feel the same way about kneeling, but otherwise my knees are ace! Glad you are doing so well.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom