Guest viewing is limited

TKR Second TKR'

Just made a trial drive in my car, total success, no issues with the pedals, even full, panic, braking. :yay::yay:
 
Looks like you're progressing very well. Congratulations! I'm glad to see you are adding activity slowly as that's the best way.
 
Hope the 8hr Tylenol is controlling your pain @jmdearras. If not I wanted to share my experience with you.

I came off of oxycodone at 3.5wks out while still in definite need of it to control my pain. It was due to mis-communication by OS's nurse. I panicked no doubt.

Our BoneSmart Nurse Director, Josephine, recommended I try 100mgs Tramadol in combination with 1000mgs of Tylenol every 6hrs and it helped even better than the oxycodone! Several here have used this combination with great success. And my Primary Care Provider had no problem with my taking it.

This may not be relevant but just in case.. thought I would share! Hope you are feeling better and getting stronger in your recovery!
 
Well, knee is progressing great, but I am really tired of being tired. :gaah: I forgot the level of exhaustion TKR surgery leaves you with!
 
OK, back to work Monday! Prayers appreciated. This knee is further along than the first when I returned to work. I have a sitting job in IT.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back to work at three weeks? Amazing. I'm also in IT and can't imagine going back, but your recovery does seem to be fantastic!
 
OK, back to work! I am a bit tired, but not as bored as last week! I have ice packs here, and an inverted trashcan under my desk to raise my leg. Drive was as easy as usual, I hate rush hour traffic. Parking might become an issue, there are only two handicap spaces under the building, (multiple companies) and a co-worker apparently shattered her ankle a month ago, and today was her first day back, still on crutches.
 
Good luck to you. You must be superhuman! Both knees were a breeze for you. That is wonderful. I'm so glad for you!
 
Power failure at the office overnight caused a network crisis, I had to go in early. Made me miss my first post-op follow-up/1 year follow up combined appointment. The Doctor's office was generous, and rescheduled for tomorrow with out late a cancellation fee!
Walked down a whole flight of stairs normally working on the network issues!
 
first follow-up visit 2.5 weeks post-op. Overall good, but OS is concern at my extension being about 20 degrees. He is pushing me to go to PT before it's too late to recover. I have a week to show some progress.
Now, with the first knee, I was also at 20 degrees at this point, and did reach 0 though it took months. PT at that time made no progress, my knee did what it wanted to! :blackcloud:
 
I'm finding extension hard to decrease, too. I'm close to 0, I think about 4, but it makes it hard to lay out straight on my back. I started out at 15, so it has greatly improved without formal pt. There's no problem at all with my bend. It's like it increased overnight almost! I hope you can get yours extension where it needs to be, but I don't think there will be a 'too late' to have to worry about. Your other knee did it! They just love to throw that 'too late' out there, don't they!?
 
Thanks. I'm sure it will get there, I just hoped the OS would be on my side regarding PT. He agreed pre-op. At 2.5 weeks, I am driving, going to work, walking up and down stairs, I think I am doing fine.
 
It sounds like it to me, too.
 
My initial extension day 1 was about 0, now 2.5 weeks out it is 15. Any stories of recovering from that without formal PT? This pretty much matches my first knee, but 2 weeks of PT got it to 8. I think it would have gotten there with just home PT, but I am looking for stories to convince my OS so I avoid the torture chamber again. I quit after 2 weeks last time.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom