Guest viewing is limited

TKR Second TKR'

Hope your brother is doing well after his surgery. One does what one has to in situations like yours.
Your knee will settle down.
 
Tuesday was less rough, and it seems to have helped my extension! My brother is doing well, considering. progressing as expected. I do know the bonesmart routine, but I did what I had to do. :)
 
I won! I let the OS "force" my knee and he was satisfied it can reach 0 extension, so I am on my own for PT! Didn't hurt too bad, and a small price to pay to avoid formal PT. :dancy::happydance::yay:
My wife went with me as my personal coach. :)
 
It's such a great sense of accomplishment when we can finally sleep on our favorite side, it made a huge difference for me being able to get good sleep. A great victory for you!!!
 
With my brother in the hospital and all the walking that requires, and us living in temp accommodations after A/C failure, this knee does not get the attention the first one had. I have given up trying to remember which knee to lead with, and just make it deal with it! :) It seems to be holding up to the abuse very well. My gait is nearly normal, and walking speed is back to normal. The incision did spit a knot, and I thought it was going to bleed, but all went well. I am still waiting for parts of the single stitch used to close it, to dissolve so the incision can lay flat.
 
A month today for you and you sound like it's been at least 4 months for you. You must be an extremely quick healer! How blessed you are! Be sure and give thanks were they are deserved!
 
I do seemed to be blessed with fast healing and little scaring. And I'm a Diabetic, to boot!
you can see at the top of the scar where the stitch knot pushed out!
[Bonesmart.org] Second TKR'
 
It looks really good! I can see that stitch, but it doesn't look inflamed at all.
 
4 1/2 weeks, and I cut the front yard again! Last time was with the old knee. about 1.5 miles per my fitbit. This knee is having to heal under fire, so much going on with my brother in the Hospital, and the A/C failure at our house forcing us to move out for a while. etc. The new knee is, however, way ahead of the first knee at this time. The best therapy for a new TKR is just to use it. :thumb:
 
Just catching up on your thread. I see a week or so ago you (your OS) had extension concerns. Do you think you've made progress? Sounds like all the walking as (unintentionally?) helped.
 
I see a week or so ago you (your OS) had extension concerns. Do you think you've made progress?
He was happy enough. I allowed him to force my knee to 0 and he was satisfied I would get it there. Yes, the walking has helped, though I am not measuring it, extension is hard to measure well. I just compare it to the other knee, which took 9 months to reach 0.
 
I put my feet together and look at the location of the knees. My right one is getting closer to meeting the left one and it's in the negative numbers!
 
Trying no pain meds today. I was down to Tylenol, anyway, and missed doses without issue. I'll probably continue taking at bedtime. :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom