Guest viewing is limited

TKR Scared but I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will post from the big easy... New Orleans ....
Going to bed, need to get up very early,
 
I am in New Orleans. So far, coping with the walking, and the cane stool is helping, sit on it while waiting for the trolley, etc.
Knee hurt a bit, but now its other knee ... what next
 
Grabbit97 you have had some trouble with Meds, Listen to what Josephine has to say, see is a pro, and has helped alot of us out, alot of people will tll what worked for them, But do what your Dr says and ask Josephine she is a Peach, wish she lived close I would buy her a nice dinner....
 
Thanks for the advice. I am going to the OS on Jan 18. Other knee is starting to hurt, trying the synvisc one shot.
 
Came back from New Orleans, was in alot of pain walking, not from the RTKR, but from the LEFT knee, needs the shot of Synvisc.... used a cane.
New Orleans was fun... we drove to Pensacola to see the Naval Air Museum, and then on to Mobile alabama for a football game.
Sitting on the Plane was not cool, had to get up several times, back began to hurt...
I did ride my bike outside today for 20 mintues and took, the dog for a walk 2x, not far, but did walk, and after the bike ride, the RTKR felt pretty good, darn left one now.. what next (no replacement for L knee anytime soon, can't go thru it again just now)
 
I'm glad you were able to make the trip and enjoy yourself....most of the time, at least. A trip like that can be a real morale booster! You have time to rest and recoup now, if needed.
 
Hi Natalie,

So glad that you found the time away was refreshing even though that left knee was a problem, its always good to get a break from the normal routine as a morale booster!:thumb:

You may find now that you are back and not putting the left knee to so much use that it does not cause you too much pain, but you do need to get that shot sorted to prevent you suffering too much in the meantime.

Keep your chin up and hope your RTKR goes on from strength to strength for you in the meantime...:friends:
 
Yeah, the pesky *other* knee. :( Hope you can get a Synvisc injection soon and it helps.
 
OH YES, planning on getting the shot on jan 18, scheduled visit with the OS.
Bike ride yesterday helped both knees, moving them does help for sure.
Caught a cold, taking it easy, waiting for the temp. to warm up here in AZ, late in the day, its suppose to be 70.
 
Natalie, hope the Sinvest works. I found that after I was able to walk well, my other knee settled down and has felt much better. It has stayed pretty "happy":loll: except when I over did the activity level. These knees sure do like to give us "fits":hissyfit:
 
I hope that the Synvisc will continue to work, it has 3x prior, as the pain in the Left knee now is not good, in the morning especially... not looking forward to the "shot" but I am hoping it will take away the pains I am having. The TKR leg is doing better, still have cramping in the morning, and pain in the hip flexor area, but I have been told by PT, that this is normal, as is the "steel band" just under the knee, and it will go away in time. Wouldn't that be lovely!!!!
 
I hope that the Synvisc will continue to work, it has 3x prior, as the pain in the Left knee now is not good, in the morning especially... not looking forward to the "shot" but I am hoping it will take away the pains I am having. The TKR leg is doing better, still have cramping in the morning, and pain in the hip flexor area, but I have been told by PT, that this is normal, as is the "steel band" just under the knee, and it will go away in time. Wouldn't that be lovely!!!!


While the Synvisc worked all of three days for me, the shots did not hurt much, if at all---a little pressure at first, but no real pain. I hope that the Synvisc give yo the relief that you need.
 
Natalie, I had the hip flexor pain and the steel band like you. It all did go away when I started to walk really well. My first few months were full of hip, knee , leg, back and foot pain. Some was due to all the swelling I had from the infection on top of the surgery. Some was due to the fact that I couldn't walk well. :DOH:

You will be seeing these things ease up a little at a time and one day soon they will be gone. Hang in there, you are doing really well. :thumb:
 
I hope the gel works again. I'm jealous, you visited one of my favorite aviation museums. I haven't visited the museum in Pensacola since 1989.
 
Natalie, I had the hip flexor pain and the steel band like you. It all did go away when I started to walk really well. My first few months were full of hip, knee , leg, back and foot pain. Some was due to all the swelling I had from the infection on top of the surgery. Some was due to the fact that I couldn't walk well. :DOH:

You will be seeing these things ease up a little at a time and one day soon they will be gone. Hang in there, you are doing really well. :thumb:

I am noticing after I ride my bike outside for 20 minutes, that the pain in my hip flexor area and the knee is less, and even the darn left knee is better, suppose it's from moving it.
I am still taking 2 advil in the morning, and then mid afternoon 2 tylenol, and I repeat the routine, 2 advil at about 6 pm and 2 tylenol before bed (with my trusty ambien)... so I have cut back on the amount of pain pills I am taking, but still feel I need them... 5 months, 1 week out.
 
Nothing wrong with what you're doing as far as pain meds, Natalie. Use them as long as you need them.
 
Didn't think I would need the tylenol and advil anymore, but I guess I still do, altho I find myself spacing them out further as time goes on, and I do think riding the bike, moving those muscles is helping get rid of the pain.... maybe I am wrong.. it was 70 here today, perfect bike riding weather.
Going back to ILL for 5 days, will ride the stationary bike in the basement while there.
 
As we who have had the injections know, of course, the effects of synvisc are temporary, but do usually last for more than 3 days!! (Sorry I don't have statistics to back this up). Wish you all the best Natalie!
 
Congratulations! Now the only way is up! Eventually, you will be so glad you did it .... work really hard on your P.T. (that's not particularly fun), but it's SO well worth it. Do everything they tell you to. Again, I'm happy for you .... I know how good it feels to have it over and done with!
Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. :sleep:
abby :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom