THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

@Layla I have my normal two cups in the morning and then switch to water for the remainder of the day. Only have soda on occasion. I wonder if two cups is too much right now. :chinstroke:

@Hoppy Nanny Unfortunately, I didn't get the spinal. They tried, it didn't take so I had GA. But I wonder if the anesthetic has had some effect.

@Fairydell I slept well until the 2:00 alarm for pain meds. I can never fall back asleep after getting up for the potty and pill. That will be the first one I rid myself of when the time comes. Hope you sre getting out soon. Nothing better than home.
 
:mcoffee: :mcoffee:Got to have my two cups...bathroom trips, or no.
Do switch to water or juice during day to stay hydrated and get some good old Vitamin C!

I couldn't sleep all night for such a long period before and after surgery...and I SO wanted a full night sleep.
You are doing splendidly, I think @SarahBee :tada:
Keep the faith....all temporary and well worth it.:happydance:
 
Last edited:
I do feel the same, @Mojo333 I need my two cups. It is a drastic reduction from my working days, I'm not sure I could function on less. But yes, a little juice and lots of water.

I am still waiting for the full night sleep. But it will come. Just need my patience.
 
I was a night stalker...well, more like a night scoocher :umm:
I got up out of bed and would try to quietly flump down the hall with my walker, waking up hyperaware hubby...relocated to recliner, up and down:sigh:
Re-upping on ice...:ice:
Power naps were my saving grace.
:yawn:

All just "happy" memories now.:giggle:
Healing hugs!
 
Day 3 since surgery....

Have been awake since my 2:00 am pain meds. I find it impossible to go back to sleep after that. But no matter. I am mostly pain free and relaxed so I'm happy.

I am having no real complaints at this point. A little muscle pain in the thigh from lack of use, an occasional burn/twinge along the side. Ice is definitely helping. Was so happy they brought ice in the hospital.

I am abandoning one of my meds. Ummm, colace is no longer needed. Yay! My system is waking up. Here's hoping my recovery continues along these lines. It will give my husband a bit of rest. And this man has definitely earned it!

ETA: just had a shower and washed my hair. Heaven!
 
It sounds like you're doing well @SarahBee and so quickly too! I relate to the relaxed feeling after surgery, kind of a euphoria with the gnawing pain being gone! Happy to hear you feeling better!
 
Indeed @SE Florida . I feel so much better. While not perfect the loss of the shattered burning glass in my hip has been a Godsend. I am taking it slowly, which is hard to do because there is so much I have missed being able to do. I just remind myself it is a marathon, not a sprint. :walking:
 
I feel that way too! I've spent so much time not being able to do anything with the hip pain. Now I look around at all the things that I put off for so many months and anxious to get started, but worried I'll never catch up! It's going to be a very long marathon......
 
Day 4 since surgery....

A lovely day in the neighborhood, sun peeking through light fog. Should be near/above 70 today so plans are to sit on the deck and watch robins build nests.

Slept well enough, I suppose but it continues to be illusive after my 2:00 am pain meds. I have slept just enough to think I don't need to fall back asleep. The burning sensations along my outer thigh are decreasing each day, as is the discomfort when lowering myself to the toilet.

All in all, I am happy and pleased so far. It is early days but I plan to try to keep the faith and go forward. I think it is time now to revert to weekly reviews of progress, unless something comes amiss.

Have a blessed and peaceful day.

:praying:
 
Ah, yes. Early morning stiffness. How could I forget? Seems to work its way out with a little stretching and movement. But oh that dreadful OA pain is gone! For that, I am thankful. It is amazing that we can have a fix like this, when our ancestors would have been wheelchair bound!
 
Oh, my! :shocked: I just told my husband I think the recliner on my end of the sofa is broken! I'm listing to the left when I sit down! He checked it and couldn't find anything wrong.....

Tucked a pillow under the left butt cheek and Voila! All is level again. I have been leaning to keep weight off my right hip! :yahoo:
 
I have that feeling a bit too and wondered if it's swelling and as you say, listing a bit to keep pressure off the ole' tushy. I can tell by my underwear that I am pretty swollen!
:ice:
 
I'm sorry your bum is swollen, @Carriemay60 I truly hope you feel better. My swelling is just above my knee and along the side of my thigh. Ice, ice baby.

I didn't realize how much I was protecting my hip! But it got me through!
 
Hey Sarah :wave:
Yay for losing pain and Colace :yay:
First showers are wonderful, tiring but wonderful.
I hope you're sitting out on the deck in the beautiful weather as you planned.
Happy Sunday! Wishing you a beautiful week ahead!
@SarahBee
 
I'm propped with ice right now for knee swelling. Pain is well managed.... And I did have some sunshine earlier.. Enjoying this beautiful day!

Thanks, @Layla
 
Sounds like you're doing great! I wish I had a garden to sit out in, I think the fresh air will really help you feel better even if it's only mentally.

To avoid the stiffness I found that any time I woke up I would bend my knee a few times, it really helps when you then do need to get out of bed as you've woken up the muscles a little :)
 
Thanks, @Rhiannon89 I'll try that! I may or may not have been up too much this morning....:bignono:

Hope you and your friend make good progress together. He is a beauty. :horseriding:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom