THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

so glad you are doing well.. i’m sure you will only be doing a small amount of physio.. maybe going from walker to crutches.

I’m just over two weeks out & loving my 2 hour naps in the afternoon with my doggies either side... heaven! I won’t be giving that up any time soon [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back sleeping is not the best but you do get used to it... just make sure you put something very soft under your heels otherwise they get very tender.... take it easy xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for suggestions, @Hoppy Nanny !

PT was pretty uneventful, same exercises as hospital. We agreed without bloodshed that I could stop or not do something if it was too painful. Walking was a big point.... Lots of walking. Ice and elevation. Walking. Working to transition from the walker to cane shortly, or no assistive devices inside in the near future.

I'm tired so maybe a short snooze. :sleeep:

@SarahBee and SE Florida and Hoppy Nanny- Agee about napping with your furry friend “ caregivers “... just snoozed for an hour with my border collie Magnolia. There’s something about feeling that pup close by-:). As for PT, I’ve done the 5 exercises they suggested- not too strenuous and I actually felt good afterwards. Everyone here has been supportive-definitely makes this rigamarole easier :;

I seem to have a problem finding all of my watched threads so I'd better go read the instructions so I quit getting lost. @beachlily I wanted to comment on your great nap with your border collie, best medicine ever! And hopefully @SarahBee is snoozing right now too, with ice of course!

I don't have fur babies. We had three which we had to put down within one year. All very old and loved but none now.

@beachlily I have 5 non-strenuous exercises also. Had a nap,did my exercises again and now using my ice. A little stiff when I woke up but to be expected. I'm having a restful day.

Wonderful you didn't have to spar with PT, @SarahBee
It's nice that you're having a restful day. I hope your evening / overnight is peaceful.

Thank you both.

Yes, @Layla, we discussed st the beginning what I would be doing, and how it would be accomplished. She let me decide when it wss enough and suggested fewer reps of a couple of the exercises since it is early days. My fears were groundless. But I was ready! She will come three days a week to begin, probably until my follow up appt with OS. Or we may be able to cut back to two if it goes well.

Hi Sarah. Night two already. I have somewhat gotten used to back sleeping, but still need my afternoon snooze. Glad you didn’t overdo it today with PT. Most of the bed exercise kept me from stiffness last surgery. Hope this phase passes quickly and that you are able to feel the pain free comfort of your new hippie! Prayers and hugs from Virginia! ❤️

Thanks, @Fit4Family . It is dampish here today but at least not bitterly cold. So ready for spring to come and stay. I've been trying to walk every hour but I may have missed some. :heehee:

Hope you have a peaceful, blessed weekend

:flwrysmile: Sarah, you sound positively wonderful! Already helping me see a little light at the end of my current tunnel. Nice you have your OS on your side about PT, much easier to stand up to any bullying :heehee:

Catching up on one thread at a time feels like my limit and quite a few on my list. Still feel a bit overwhelmed with life right now. Have a great night!

Speaking of no such thing as TMI, does anyone else find their trips to the bathroom to empty their bladder are much more frequent earlier in the day? Or just me? Feels like I live in there until about noon and then it is more normal. I dunno :shrug:

Are you drinking a lot of coffee in the morning, Sarah?
Only wondering because caffeine has a diuretic effect.
It might not even take a lot to cause more frequent urination in the a.m.
@SarahBee

Think it’s your bladder coming back to life after the spinal... the first week I went to the loo, got back to bed & then wanted to go again.. urgghh. Found perversely that drinking more water has helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sarah hopefully you have had a good night. Hospital wifi isn't great so I will catch up properly when I get home.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom