THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

At least it hasn't totally shut down. Just being a bit stubborn this afternoon. I'll have to kep an eye on him that he doesn't get lazy!
 
@SarahBee I actually expected to have the dreaded log leg because I did have it with my left hip. This time I didn't, weird how 2 hips are so different. I couldn't lift mine at all until I started seeing some improvement around 4 weeks. I could walk and bend my knee like you're describing but to just lift my leg at all was a big no-go. It will get there and it too will be another huge notch in your recovery!
 
One of my doubles decided to be a tad slow.
At least it hasn't totally shut down. Just being a bit stubborn this afternoon. I'll have to kep an eye on him that he doesn't get lazy!
Lazy log leg:umm: nope.
It is saying...be nice to me, help me, I've been injured...endured alot of trauma And I am trying to get well.
Don't force me to do things I'm not ready for...help me if necessary, and let time and my amazing body do it's thing.


All Temporary!:friends:
 
Hi @SarahBee
I've heard Log Leg described as your brain is telling your leg to move but the muscles and soft tissues have been so traumatized they don't react. Good thing it doesn't last long, temporary annoyance only.
Hope you have a nice evening and sleep well tonight. :sleeep:
 
Oh @Mojo333 , you made my poor leg seem like a bewildered child. Promise I'll take good care of him. He had a shower and is now elevated and iced.

You forum folks are some of the sweetest people I have met in a long time. :angel:

Hi Sarahbee!!! Glad you’re on the mend! One week out from surgery my hipster buddy Hopefully you’re getting out to enjoy the weather.... my hip says hello:)
 
Happy One Week Anniversary!
You know what they say....Time flies when you're having fun! :happydance:
May not be fun yet, but it will be soon enough.
Wishing you sunshine and happiness today :SUNsmile:
@SarahBee
 
Thank you, @beachlily and @Layla .

Yes, one week out and still trying to wrap my.mind around the lack of OA pain, the reliability of my right leg and so many things that have been part of my life for nearly 15 years. Yes, my husband mentioned that it wasn't 5 years or even 10 but 15 since I started dealing with this!

We built our retirement home in 2004 and I insisted on a one story ranch, "in case my hip gets worse.". Oh my goodness , did it ever! Why on earth I struggled for so long, I can only attribute to fear of surgery, of anesthesia, of coming out worse than going in!

And now, here I am. And where is that? Let's see... I am on a walker but only for now. I will at some point go back to my cane. BUT in the meantime, I am bearing weight as tolerated, without pain. I can walk without fear of the leg collapsing. I don't hear the snap! crackle! pop! With every step!

I am still fearful. My husband was encouraging me to "trust your leg" last night as I was getting in the shower. Does it hurt? No, it doesn't. But it has for years, so I fear it might. Tingles in my knees, shin splints, sore muscles. but not pain.

So here I am. It's a lovely day in the neighborhood, my bleeding heart is in bloom, God is in his heaven and enough is right with my world. :angel:
 
Loved reading all your updates! I agree this forum is full of lovely people! Gives me hope to see such amazing progress in just one week!! Sending hugs and prayers for continued healing. ❤️
 
I was expecting log leg and got it! In the end I thought it was quite funny. I remember one of the lovely nurses cheering when I finally managed to get into bed without using a dressing gown tie to get it there! And within a week after that the log leg was so much better. Your body is telling you what it can and cannot do. Listen to it and don’t (as I did) push it too much!
 
Happy Day 8! Things should get better from now exponentially. And what a great time of year to be recuperating - you can get outside! I did get outside after 2 weeks but it was to try a house train our new dog. There I was, in the snow with my cane and the dog on a leash (small dog, thank goodness) saying "go potty". Needless to say, it didn't work very well, as I was afraid I was going to fall.
 
I am g lad for spring but to be honest, everything is so coated with pollen, I don't dare go out without a mask! My silver car has a yellow cast to it! claritin only does so much. But never mind, we will get some vitamin D.
 
I was very tired and achy last night when I went to bed. I didn't sleep well, by my standards, but by comparison to earlier in the week, it was better. I slept for an hour or two before I woke up. Today I plan to do as little as possible while still walking just a bit. I do know there is a nap in my future. Seems if I get a nap before lunch, it doesn't affect my sleep at night. Or maybe I am delusional.

I will call OS today for pain pills, just in case, for the weekend. My plan is to begin weaning off sooner rather than later. Just fearful of playing catch up.on the pain. Just fearful of the pain.

Another lovely day in the neighborhood, where everything is painted yellow... By sun and pollen. :heehee:

Welcome to my Virginia.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom