Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

:hi: Hi there,
Woohoo! It's great to get back to grooming habits that became extremely difficult, if not impossible.
Next you'll be doing your own pedi. Go Sarah! :yes!:
Have a wonderful Sunday!
@SarahBee
 
Smooth legs!! Nice. Have not attempted pedicure either. Told myself it would be my 3 month anniversary treat. How are your feet doing? Really missing my sandals. Hope you have a great week.
 
I shaved my legs today, all by myself! :happydance:

My husband still had to trim my toe nails! Baby steps! :umm:

Well done! I shaved my legs yesterday with razor ... far superior to ladies electric ... but hubby had to do last last 6 inches above ankle, just could not manage it! Like you, hubby still has to trim toenails on the left foot, but he is fearful of doing it so ... maybe next week?

Keep up the good work., you are doing SO well, I am envious! xx
 
Two month surgery anniversary today. We had a birthday dinner for our oldest son last evening at a local restaurant. The chairs were old, heavy wooden chairs. Of course, this morning I feel l as if I have been beaten across the back and down my thighs. It will take a bit to walk this off, I think. Next time, I will choose the padded bench side. :unsure:

@Fit4Family the swelling has finally gone from my foot, maybe just a bit behind the ankle. I haven't attempted anything except my safe shoes. Sandals are on my wish list for summer as well.

@Hoppy Nanny I think for my next milestone, I'm going to try to get to 3,000 steps. Have come close but not quite. I haven't worried about it. But now that the heat has abated, it seems a good time. :walking:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Such a great time I recall. It begins sinking in that all you've been through is really going to give you your life back :yes!:
Have a great week, Sarah!
@SarahBee
 
Anyone have days you just don't want to do anything? I have things I should be doing but today I just want to be lazy. I even had a little nap which I haven't been doing for a little bit. Just feel I should sit and do nothing. :good-bad:
 
@SarahBee, YES!! Are you kidding me? :rotfl: Let's see, I probably feel like that 4 days a week, it's terrible!!! Sometimes I make myself go do something and it perks me out of it. But then sometimes not!! I'm glad I'm not the only one.....and can I still use surgery energy drain as an excuse at 3 months! :yes!:
 
Definitely! The tiredness just seems to overtake and yet other days I’m all set to go... it seems our bodies have minds of their own @SarahBee.

I’ve been out all day today, same tomorrow and I think Wednesday is going to be a tired day [emoji23][emoji23]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I felt that way today and actually looked at my bed with longing a couple of times. Unfortunately I started germinating some morning glory seeds yesterday so needed to supervise where they were going before the next 2 days of expected storms. So stormy day tomorrow and I will be home alone - not even sure I'm going to get dressed to be honest!
:dead:
 
:hi: my smooth-legged friend.
That energy drain is real so just keep listening to your body..
It knows what it needs.
Once you get back to life in a big way, there may be no time for naps so:sleeep: when you can!
Great to hear things are getting better and better. Keep the faith.:tada:
 
Silly.little question.... Does anyone else feel like an occasional drop of water falls on a numb spot on your leg? Really random? No? Just me? Okay. :flabber:
 
I can't say that I've felt that particular thing but I doubt if it's unusual? Seems like a lot of very weird feelings in the thigh especially. Maybe someone else can give more insight @SarahBee :what:
 
:wave:Hi everyone! I am trying to catch up on all the forum posts but this may take a while. I did see some good news on several of your threads and those make my heart happy.

I am trying to get back into my stretching and strengthening exercises, without over doing it. I allowed myself to get so busy that I seem to have left the exercises all behind. Not that I did a lot but I do notice I am somewhat stiffer now. Anyway, I will be working on those along with walking.

My incision is itchy, at times enough to drive me up a wall. But healing, or healed, very nicely. Hope everyone is having a good week and those of us in the southeast US surviving the heat and rain and storms. :) :-) (:
 
I'm guessing the phantom water drop sensation is nerves regenerating, but don't really know.
Are you applying any cream or lotion to your itchy incision?
Some I've read used are Bio Oil, Coconut Oil and I used and liked Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion with Vitamin E. There's another one U.K. members have mentioned, E-45 Cream, which I've never noticed in stores here but I believe Amazon carries it.
Sounds like you're doing really well, Sarah. Thanks for updating.
Happy Thursday!
@SarahBee
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom