THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

@Fit4Family , Speaking of sleeping, I'm able to sleep on either side now, although I do roll to my back and stretch, which always wakes me. I can't say it is completely uninterrupted sleep, but it is sufficient.
 
:hi:Yay for such wonderful progress!
So happy to see things getting Better and Better!:egypdance:
 
Last edited:
Great news, Sarah.
I'm very happy for you. It sounds as though you were dealing with pain for a very long time.
It's refreshing to feel your excitement in recapturing life.
And to think there is still room for improvement. :yay: :happydance:
Have a great Sunday!
@SarahBee
 
Yes @Layla it has been years but the dark days are, I hope, gone.

It is 92 degrees here and the humidity must be that at least! But we did a little thing and went to the Norfolk (VA) Botanical Gardens.:flwrysmile:,

We walked and looked at all the lovely flowers and impressive trees and a gazillion varieties of hosta (my absolute favorite). We walked around the lake and through the garden of statues. We rode the tram around the entire Gardens. Saw the rose garden with hundreds of varieties of roses. Then we had lunch and went shopping. I found Skecher ballet-style shoes. I KNOW I will pay tomorrow. But first time we have done something like this in years! And not once did it hurt! :ice:
 
@SarahBee
Hostas are my favourite too... my garden is full of them & I can only name a few as my little dog chewed all the labels... I was devastated [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. They are so their best at the moment

So glad you enjoyed the flower show... and how great you had no pain.

We are going to a Hosta exhibition with one of the exhibitors from The New Forest who got a Gold at Chelsea on 19th July... she only grows hostas... can’t wait.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Hoppy Nanny This really is the perfect time of year. My personal favorites are the blues, the bigger the better. Just got a new one to live next to my bleeding heart, Frank, named for the dear friend who gave me the start before he passed many years ago.
 
Sounds beautiful, Sarah. The flowers...not the heat and humidity, lol.
If you bought the shoes, I hope you find them comfy. I sure do.
Hopefully with some rest and icing you'll feel great tomorrow.
Enjoy the week!
@SarahBee
 
Hi Sarah. Glad to see that things seem to be really going well for you. I think I need to find a pair of skechers. I have heard great things about them
 
@Fairydell I have two pairs of skechers now... One pair has elastic laces and I bought those before surgery. I hope this last pair will work for my right foot which is still swelling a bit. They are very comfortable to me but you might want to give them a try. Hope you are feeling a bit better.
 
The bleeding heart has been tested, @Hoppy Nanny Our move from upstate New York to southern Virginia was a bit of a culture shock but he still hangs on. I do think the cooler, less humid weather of NY was a better fit but he has adapted. Hope you are having a great day!
 
Hi @Layla I came home yesterday, rested a bit, fixed dinner, etc. And had a generally good night's sleep. The only soreness I have is my right shoulder blade! Probably hauling myself into the tram! But really I have no idea what this is! Nothing much on the agenda for today so I will rest and putter around the house a bit. Hope you have a lovely day! :SUNsmile:
 
Another thing we have in common @SarahBee A love of Hostas and gardening. Our daughter goes to CNU, so we have toured that garden! It’s lovely. We took day trip to eastern shore and then National Harbor on way back. It reached 98 degrees. I felt like I was melting. Lol. Happy Memorial Day! Sarah
 
Glad things are looking brighter for you @SarahBee ! Sounds like you had a good weekend without overdoing it. Have a restful rest of your day.
 
I really do try not to complain about the weather, as it is absolutely out of our control. But I do miss walking each evening and with temps right now at 96, it's just not possible. This will be my second night not walking and it is bumming me out. Guess I'll go to the mall tomorrow and walk there. And leave my cards at home.... :heehee:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom