THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Busy is great, to a point! It seems you have really claimed your life back. I am also having trouble keeping up with all the threads now that I am capable of more and a bit busier.
My incision was crazy itchy last week. Itchy to the point of being almost painful. It's better this week but I was thinking of putting some glycerine cream on it after my shower.
 
Itchy to the point of being almost painful.
That is it exactly, @Carriemay60. Painful itching! It is better today. I took @Layla 's advice and put a bit of Aveeno oatmeal lotion on it. I am very reluctant to use anything on it. I don't honestly care what it looks like (it is a very mild scar) but I can't be driven nuts with the itching. :gaah:
 
Today I was brave! I took my walk and left my cane at home! I did have my husband with me in case I needed support. I must say I felt a bit unsure of myself. :unsure: But it worked out okay.

I still take it with me shopping to ward off the masses. Everyone tries, I think, to be courteous but they do get a bit close at time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I will never get caught up with the threads. So many new kids on the block! :) :-) (:
 
Great news, Sarah! Nothing like building confidence. Soon you'll tire of using it while shopping then you may leave in it the car "just in case".
That's what I did for a few months, until I realized "just in case" wasn't happening.
It does keep people at a safe distance, but the shopping cart works well also. You're on your way! :yay:
Have a great week!
@SarahBee
 
Wonderful news Sarah! Very brave. Glad you are feeling more and more comfortable with your balance and hip. ❤️
 
Great to see that you are on the mend Sarah. I now use Bio Oil on my scar when it is really itchy. For the first few weeks I used E45 as recommended by the nursing staff at the hospital.
 
:wave:
Good to see things agree getting better and better @SarahBee
Lots of good times ahead ...
Hope you have a great week!:roseshwr:
 
Thanks for updating @SarahBee … I have been wondering at what point the cane won't be necessary. I have been using my Nordic Poles for walking around my property (hilly). That's been helping as well. It's the baby steps we make that take us to a full healing everyday!
 
@Bfam85 At this point, virtually all my walking is on the level, mostly paved, or at least groomed, paths. I have not worked up to taking off on the Appalachian Trail yet. I hope to do that later this year.... Unless I really do have to get my second hip done. :shrug:
 
You are doing great and progressing like crazy. I took a walk without my cane but actually still held onto my husband. I forget it in the house most of the time now but try to have beside my bed at night for getting up. Last night I forgot it and when I woke I felt a bit nervous for a second but managed just fine. Still haven't found my cane and beginning to wonder if I left it in the car yesterday.
:giggle:
 
@SarahBee You'll be amazed how much of that you'll be able to do when your at 3 months.......it's still slow and steady, but very carefully I'm doing things I'd never dreamed of doing again :flabber:!! It sounds like you early April hipster girls are all doing really well!! I went outside yesterday and bent down normally (no golfer's swing!) to help my husband pick up some tree trimmings, shocking........and no pain today from doing it! :dancy:
 
Good to know progression. @SE Florida @SarahBee @Carriemay60 I’m behind the early April crew, but making steady progress. Curious how others are doing stairs? I am still leading with good leg up and bad leg down. Trying to do every other leg on going up at least half of my stair trips. The down is pretty difficult still. Operated leg wobbly. I’m also not squatting or getting on and off floor.
 
I have the solution to low shelves in the kitchen if I'm home alone. I use my cane until it gets lucky and kicks out what I need. Then I use the golfers reach to retrieve that. I had to do it today to get to the popcorn so I could have some during a rain storm :rotfl:
 
@SarahBee Isn't it wonderful to pick up your grandson, that's quite a big deal for you! It sounds like you're doing well. Not even 3 months yet but it's coming soon. That will be one heck of a 4th of July celebration!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom