THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Have a question about thigh discomfort. I won't call it pain because it really isn't. It is a slight burning sensation mid thigh. The only changes are I am much more active... Cleaning, shopping, walking, etc. And I notice the numbness around the incision area is going away. Anyone else have this. :sad:

I may have explained badly so feel free to ask questions if needed. I don't think I need to call the surgeon but, is fear of infection ever far from our thoughts? :sorry:
 
Hi @SarahBee .... I wouldn’t worry about the extra discomfort....it’s all part of the recovery process. You are putting lots of extra energy into all that you are doing....as everything strengthens it will begin to subside...
 
@Bfam85 I am really hoping that is the issue. It isn't constant, comes and goes. Just something different which is a tiny bit worrisome but just a tiny bit. Thank you for your encouragement
 
Think you’ve already worked it out @SarahBee
The extra moving around doing different disciplines starts using all those muscles that were interfered with during surgery....usually just overwork... different pains crop up during this recovery... Icing usually helps... hoping it will settle soon... love Chrissie xx[emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks, Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny I feel I have had such a great recovery that when I get a little intermittent pain, it scares me momentarily. A sense of 'this is where it all comes undone'! But I have really been increasing my activity this past week. And, as I said, the numbness around my incision is beginning to subside and nerves are waking up. :) :-) (:

Hope things are well with you. Belated happy three month anniversary!
 
Let's tag @Josephine to read your posts beginning with No. 722 so you don't continue to wonder and worry.
I'll bet it's just part of the process, or you overdid it a bit.
A great evening to you, Sarah!
@SarahBee
 
There will be times this new hip complains as we get more active and less protective of our movements.
As we should.
Ice is still helpful and I had these issues come up too!
Lots of improvement to come and lots of adjusting still happening.
The niggles will come less and less and your confidence will grow. Nothing wrong site babying it when need be.
Certainly understand your situation as there were times I took pause over a pain, or achiness.
Glad to hear from you, @SarahBee !
Keep the faith!
 
Hello all. @HipsterKat My surgeon was Dr. Hartley with OrthoVirginia. He was excellent.

Glad to read your update @SarahBee sounds like you are doing remarkably well. I can relate to the worry when new pain appears. Hoping it is part of the healing process. I still have numbness too. Trying to catch up today. ❤️
 
Yesterday was my three month anniversary! I am still so in awe of what this surgery has meant to me, my husband, our family and our life. It has been one of the greatest blessings I have had!
:prayer:
 
Yesterday was my three month anniversary! I am still so in awe of what this surgery has meant to me, my husband, our family and our life. It has been one of the greatest blessings I have had!
:prayer:
Beautiful @SarahBee. It's amazing to have your life back to enjoy life and your family. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel before surgery but you're proof that it does get better. Have a happy 4th!!! :roseshwr:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom