THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

@Layla In fact, I bought a pair of GoWalks today at Kohl's. It was grab and go because no time to try on, and no help bending that far. :whistle: Unfortunately the pair I bought come too high up on my foot and just makes swelling worse.

I will say, I don't think these are ballerina style so I may need to check on that. Thanks!
 
@SarahBee I got the Skechers Top Notch Microburst, they have air cooled memory foam too. They slip on easily and don't come very high on the top of the foot. I wouldn't have made it without these, so comfy!
[Bonesmart.org] Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.
 
Google -Skecher Go Step Ballet Flats. I ordered mine through QVC. They have a video so you're able to see how they fit on the foot.

I like SE Florida's above and I know how comfy their memory foam shoes are and usually very lightweight.

The ballet flats would allow more room as more of the top of your foot would be exposed (to accommodate swelling)
@SarahBee
 
Good morning @SarahBee :loveshwr:Sorry to hear about yesterday but you know the routine, so resting is good. I went outside yesterday and worked on some raised flower beds. I haven't been able to do that without any pain before so I'm lucky today. Maybe, finally, I can do a little more. Here's to wishing, lol! :egypdance:
 
Hoping you feel better after your ODIC day.

Shoes are so difficult when you want comfort & style.
My sis just bought a pair of hush puppy.. slip on flats which she says are really comfy..hope you find a pair.

[Bonesmart.org] Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Trial and error in the early weeks, Sarah.
Sorry you're feeling some discomfort.
I'm sure it's nothing a day of rest can't cure.
Hopefully tomorrow feels brighter! :SUNsmile:
@SarahBee
 
Surfing shoes online. Still barefoot at this point.

I broke down and took a Tylenol and that seems to have helped my aches. One! Tylenol! I remember the days of how much more can I take and what can I take. So this is minimal but I should pay better attention.

Still haven't caught up here. I was side tracked by shoes! :walking:
 
:console2:Hi @SarahBee Having exact same issue. Tops of both feet and ankles. Think it may be that it’s getting warm here. Really miss sandals. I’m afraid I’d catch my toe right now. Have lots of slip on types and all put pressure on my foot. Hope you find something!
 
How long does it take for an atrophied calf muscle (which I am sure has a cool fancy name, that I don't recall at the moment) to recover using the only walk method? :walking:
 
I'll do those, @Hoppy Nanny because just walking isn't helping that. Was sedentary too long and relying on my left leg.
 
@Hoppy Nanny and @SarahBee , those toe raises are life savers for me. It's like doing a great big stretch on your toes. Really helps with the calves and the hip..........but before I get in trouble :heehee: I don't consider them exercises!
 
Seated in a regular dining chair I am raising my op leg to be level with my waist. I can feel a gentle pull in both my calf and thigh. I am trying to 3 sets of 10 a day.
 
Going out with hubby last night and forgot my cane. Well, OS did tell me to lose it. :heehee:

Woke up this morning and realized virtually all swelling is gone and apparently took my residual limp with it. Am now managing to make dinner each day, do some of my cleaning but not all every day. Can get the laundry done and put away all in one day. It's been an amazing journey these last seven weeks!
 
That’s really good to hear @SarahBee
The THR experience gradually loses its importance & is not always on our mind... normal life takes over.
Have a good weekend...keep an eye on that cane!! So glad the swelling & limp is gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom