THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

@SarahBee I have watched you go through your recovery and with each challenge, loved watching how you overcame!!! One night early on I had to go upstairs without my husband because he wasn't home. I did it the wrong way! I led with my op leg!!! Because I was so drugged, I thought, wow, something is wrong. When I finally realized what I had done, I was a bit concerned; but all was okay....Congratulations on a wonderful OS visit and I'll bet that sundae was amazing!!!
 
Thank you @Bfam85 I am mindful that my challenges in recovery have not been as difficult as some have had to deal with. And for that I am thankful and know I have been blessed. In some ways, it does make it a bit more difficult because I try to be Wonder Woman. Too much too soon!

I won't encourage you to use your surgical leg for climbing stairs yet. But it won't be long until you can trust your leg. This isn't your first rodeo :fasthorse: so I am sure you will ace it!

And yes, ice cream is always a treat!
 
I baby stepped up the steps when there were no railings and the stairs were steep for many months after hip replacement. I am a super klutz and I WAS not trying to go back and have them fix something. It was real, and it was fun, but it weren't Real Fun.
I hope all eases soon @SarahBee :friends:
 
It's been so long since I've done one foot over the other that I can hardly remember how! Not sure I care how long that takes me as long as I can walk and enjoy the more important things in my life.
 
For me, it's just "one more thing. " I won't lose sleep over it but it would give me a sense of accomplishment. :yes!: It's been 10-12 years for me doing toddler stairs.
 
Having a quiet day at home, alone. Plans are to clean my kitchen which has somehow (?) become a mess these last few months. Then some bookkeeping before shopping and dinner out with my husband this evening.

Has been a good week. No big gains, no big losses the last few days. Bit of achy back in the morning but I attribute that to changes in sleeping positions. Stretches and movement take care of that.

Still haven't needed anything for pain. Will be glad to have the last hospital meds... Meloxicam..... gone in three more days. Then I can go back to my Claritin only and start feeling like me again. :egypdance:

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the American moms and grandmas. Happy Spring to all! :flwrysmile:
 
I hear you on the kitchen, Sarah. That is one area where my husband failed miserably. Bless his heart.
Taking back control of the kitchen as far as putting things in their proper place and cleaning it the way I like it to be was the best feeling. After that a relaxing dinner with hubs....sounds like a perfect plan! You're doing so well.
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother's Day to you a day early :loveshwr:
@SarahBee
 
I think it is time for me to step away. My surgery was better beyond what I ever hoped it might be. I attribute that to my surgeon, the approach he used and the grace of God. I will pop in from time to time and will try to help anyone who may need encouragement. And of course, I'll be back when time for my #2 hip rolls around. But my daily posting is at an end. You all take care and be kind. :friends:
 
We love you @SarahBee and I will truly miss you and your kind words. I'd love to see you stay but I understand as I've been struggling with getting back to work and daily activities; it's hard fitting everything back in our schedules as our recovery progresses. I've noticed I seem to be checking in less and less as the days go by. It would be wonderful to see you pop in whenever you find time. You have also been quite an inspiration to others on the forum and have managed your recovery so well. I always look forward to your posts but I know I'll still see you on here every now and then........:roseshwr:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom