Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

:wowspring: You are really the star of the show today! So he means no aide in the house at all? How do you feel about that? I know I'm not ready, my leg seems to crumble with no aide at all. I think it sounds like slow & steady is going to win this race for you! Can you just give your head a shake and think how far you've come since a year or two ago? :egypdance:

Check out a box of "Buster Bars" at Dairy Queen. So yummy and you can have them ready in the freezer!!
 
No aides in the house at all. I'm okay with it because I have countertops, sofas and tables and such to use as touchstones if I feel unsure. My main thing is heel>toe>heel>toe so I don't limp.

I have given my head so many shakes, @Carriemay60. I remember how I was just a little over a month ago, the night before surgery. Just holding on to my husband and crying with the pain. I also have given myself a couple of kicks for waiting!

This group of people has been a Godsend for me, before and after surgery. Always someone there to hold my hand. You all are such a blessing in my life. And yes, Buster Bars/Dilly Bars are the bomb for the freezer!
 
Last edited:
A Peanut Buster Parfait at Dairy Queen!

Oh my stars! My absolute favourite!
Until you have eaten the monstrosity down to the last nauseatingly sweet, chocolaty soggy few peanuts at the bottom that you still proceed to eat and then go...Really? A bit too much!
Then I'm good for a few months!
:heehee:
Glad to hear all good at appointment!

Early days yet, my friend.
You will get there!:tada:
 
What a wonderful update, Sarah!
It's so nice to have everything off the incision area and then hear "all looks good" makes it even better :yay:
I think walking around the house unassisted will soon have you confidently walking outdoors unassisted.
You're doing great and you deserved that Peanut Buster Parfait.
My absolute favorite DQ treat also. Hands. Down.
Enjoy the rest of the week! Waiting for it to rain buckets here, beginning soon, until tomorrow :sigh:
@SarahBee
 
Fabulous... great update... you can get on with life & enjoy the little things/big things you couldn’t do before surgery...

I was just signed off & mine said to wean gradually off one cane over the next week!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Week #5.....

Mostly slept well, with a few restless nights...
Finished home PT with good range of motion...
Follow up with primary care physician to check blood pressure. Back to normal 118/68. Swelling in foot has gone down..
Itchy thigh, back ache, jumping muscles...
Thigh and groin pain bedeviled me all week
Saw the OS. Had the incision tape removed, can lose my pillow at night, told to ditch the cane and see him next year...
Get ready for second THR later this year... Perhaps
Slept okay last night but oh so stiff this morning

Edited to add: Peanut Buster Parfait

And so ends the 35th day
 
Last edited:
Wow!! Wonderful report Sarah! Your grand babies sound so darn cute. Progressing amazingly well. I am still not able to adult stairs. Always try three or four, but if I do more, I sleep in pain. Take it easy. Excited to read what you will do next! ❤️
 
Things are going well with me. Thank you Sarah. I am grateful for the progress and especially grateful that I don’t have pain with weight barring at all. The rest will come in time. Happy Thursday!
 
Honestly, I haven't been adulting those stairs the last few days. I'm letting the groin settle and then will try again, more slowly. Hope things are well with you, @Fit4Family

They say that when the Pope asked Michaelangelo how much longer the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel would take, the artist replied, "it will be finished, your Holiness, when it is finished".

You are perfecting a work of art. You have as much time as it takes.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom