Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Sorry, non drinker here but I did enjoy Bailey's back in the day. You all make all those frothy, foamy drinks and enjoy. I'll be here with my coffee or unsweet iced tea. Cheers! :cheers::beer:
 
Actually, I turned into a wine only drinker years ago and mixed it with ice and water; kind of a lightweight! I haven't touched a drop since the week before surgery. It sure saves on some of those calories that I now use for ice cream! Used to love Bailey's in coffee. The "old days", lol. Now I have my coffee black and only drink water during the day. How boring! :heehee: And that is why I eat ice cream but it's going to have to go soon too........OMG, I really am boring!!!
 
Okay... I have a very strange sensation in my leg which may drive me nuts in a short while. My thigh is itching! Just above my knee. But when I try to rub the spot, it feels numb and the itch seems to be inside my leg. I'm probably explaining this badly but what is going on?? Anyone have anything like this?
 
I bet it's just a slightly irritated nerve. I am still numb around the incisions on both hips. The area increases when the muscles get tight. Maybe that's what's happening to you.
 
Thanks, @KathyD You're probably right because it's about 3 inches below my incision, which is numb. I massaged the muscles and it is calming down. But it us still there. Might not sleep much tonight...
 
Another vote for nerves! I have had the same with my TKR! Regenerating nerves are naggy little things... zips and zaps and itches and all sorts of odd sensations!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Another vote for nerves! I have had the same with my TKR! Regenerating nerves are naggy little things... zips and zaps and itches and all sorts of odd sensations!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

When you think about it, it is absolutely amazing that they can repair and reconnect the way they do.
 
It really is amazing... we should probably welcome the discomfort- “it’s a sign of healing!”
Easier said than done when you want to sleep and your legs feel like electrical sockets!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
When I try to fall asleep, my right leg twitches like mad... sometimes even jerking so much, it wakes me up! Bizarre sensation!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Love the fact I can now eat chocolate drizzled ice cream & it won’t make me fatter... so much great info on here @SaraBee

Hoping your strange itchy feeling goes.. but that will only be replaced by another strange sensation somewhere else!!!

Hoping you have a sensation free weekend [emoji23][emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The itching sensation you described sounds nerve related to me also.
It's good to read it was replaced by something new, which will be replaced by something new tomorrow and so on and so on. Isn't it the truth though?
Sweet dreams, Sarah!
@SarahBee
 
Had a lovely night. I do believe I slept well! At some point in the early morning hours, I tossed the pillow that should have been between my knees. I feel none the worse this morning but I'm glad I will see the OS in two days. Maybe he will tell me I can ditch the pillow permanently. Doubtful but I can hope.

My plan today is to take it easy until this evening so I will be rested for my little grandsons. Having dinner and being present for a while so dad and mom can go to a friend's house for a while. Hubs will get the put them to bed job! I'll be in charge of cuddles and reading
 
Lots of zips and zaps for me...lessening over time...every once in a while after it seemed they had completely abated, an errant one would come out of the blue :flabber:
All good now.
Glad you got some sleep...have fun with the grandbabies today.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom