THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Great idea! Do that when you have time.
I wish I would have kept better track of my recovery than I did.
I hope you sleep well tonight :wink:
@SarahBee
 
that's a great idea. People here told me and I finally got it...if you look back a week instead of by day you see how far you have come usually.
Re the icing. I find when I ice I usually get cold even under the covers. I usually wear a bed jacket to bed and sometimes have my heating pad on low just around my arms or the good leg while the icing is going on. I do ice as much as possible to help with the swelling and pain so keep it up.
Hope you sleep better tonight. It does get easier.
 
Hi @SarahBee another good thing about this forum is that people ask the questions that we might be thinking. I too have felt that ice feeling in my hip and had wondered if it is normal. I frequently get a weird sensation as if a 'golf ball… is pressing into my hip around the incision site.
 
Hi Sarah Bee. Sounds the 2 week mark was a milestone for you. Looking forward to a milestone here myself but definitely too early for me. PT is coming this morning, and the dressing is coming off. They wrote todays date on it. I'm pretty sure they glued me back together.
 
@Chappyd , yes, it does seem two weeks was a turning point. I was pleased that I was taped and glued with no staples. When the surgical dressing came off, it was a very calm and healthy looking incision.

Another interesting change this week has been gradually sleeping more. Last night I managed a two hour then four hour stint. I'm not sure what changed. It could be less pain, or it could be the tramadol which was disrupting my sleep. Hard to say but I'll take it. I am also sleeping in my bed, not the recliner. Yay!

Hang in there, chappyd. I know I didn't believe when they said it would get better. But it does. And best of all that shattered burning glass in our hips is gone!
 
:loveshwr::happydance::loveshwr:
So happy to see your posts as I've not seen your thread for few days.
:sleep: good sleep is certainly a help...physically and mentally.
Slow and steady wins this race, and entering the ODIC can set you back so do be mindful of incremental increases in activity.
It only hurts when we stop.

Onward and upward, my hippy pal.:egypdance:
 
So, with all my enthusiasm for walking around, I failed to notice a good bit of swelling in my foot. I might have found it before PT did but I am a barefoot gal. So..... I have been instructed to ice, elevate and rest twice a day. Not sure how I missed it but bummer! :whistle:
 
I missed mine too until I went to leave the house on day 10 for staple removal and tried to put my birkenstocks on - they wouldn't go on even fully expanded! Following the same directions you have been given my son said this morning that it looks much better so hang in there!
 
Well, this has been an odd morning! My 6:00 med alarm woke me out of a sound sleep! I went to bed at 10 pm, had a couple of potty breaks and went back to sleep. Overall, I had 8 hours of broken sleep! :sleep: Light at the end of the tunnel! I will say I have a bit of stiff back.... Which I attribute to lying in bed so long.

Seeing my PCP this morning to check for UTI or just random discomfort. I can't wait for her to see me now. Last visit was my medical clearance for surgery and needless to say, I was a mess. Hey, doc! Look at me now! :wave:
 
So! Enough cloudiness to warrant antibiotics for UTI

blood pressure sky high so have to go back May 3 to see whether it's just from Surgery. I want my 120/70 bp back!

Enough swelling in foot and calf to warrant an ultrasound of my calf first thing Monday morning. With instructions to go to the emergency room immediately if anything just doesn't feel right this weekend or increase in swelling even with elevation

if it's not one thing, it's a dozen.
:skep:
 
We will all be thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome...you seem very in touch with how your body and swelling is so that is good. Good luck over the weekend and with the xray Monday. its good to have a plan. Take it real slow and hope you get lost more sleep as last night sounded good.
 
Oh booo... hopefully it’s a bunch of nothing... try not to spin too hard on it all (easier said than done). Thinking good thoughts for you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sure not the report you were hoping for but at least it sounds like your Doc is on top of things and pays attention. Your blood pressure could simply be the result of way too much stress, worry, lack of sleep and pain from recovery so hopefully that will calm down. Try to have a good Easter weekend and hope everything turns out fine after the ultrasound on Monday.
:kittykiss:
 
Oh no! I was reading earlier posts & all sounded so good & then you have these other problems... however I’m sure the swelling is due to the op and if you are anything like me my BP goes up with white coat syndrome.. hoping you have a peaceful weekend & it all settles down.... this recovery is certainly up & down... no straight lines xx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom