THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Sarah & Fairydell, we need a sad face on the post reaction emojis.
I have had discussions with Klassy about how bad I am for loitering in grocery stores. I would rather shop for groceries than shoes or makeup any day! My son went for the groceries yesterday and once home I asked him why he hasn't thought to bring me a carrot cake. "I almost did when I saw them but it wasn't on the list". Argggg
 
The only times my husband goes off the list is to buy things that I don't even like in my house; sardines, mushy peas, brands he must know I don't like by now! If I travel to see our kids alone, he cooks liver in MY kitchen!
 
Mushy peas?! :eeeuw:
Liver?! :sick:

A little sweet stuff mixed in with the protein we need for healing shouldn't hurt.
Key word = little
I hate to rain on this parade but like to post this once in awhile for those who don't have a great appetite initially after surgery. Protein snack ideas -

Nuts
Trail Mix
Turkey roll ups (cheese or veggies rolled inside the turkey)
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Hard Boiled Eggs
Tuna
Veggies & Hummus
Peanut Butter and Apple
Peanut Butter on Celery
Cheese Slices
Beef Sticks
Protein Bars
Protein Shakes
Canned Salmon on Crackers
Edamame
Chicken Salad
No Bake Energy Bites (many online recipes)
 
So funny about grocery shopping... my husbands rule of thumb is that if he isn’t sure what an item it on the list, he doesn’t get it. He said I get more mad over the wrong thing than nothing at all! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We have a new fancy grocery near us with a great prepared food section. I think it will come in handy for the next couple of months!

And as for sweets... my dad is coming into town to help out next week and it’s his birthday. I’ve been plotting the cake in my head![emoji39]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I keep craving naughty stuff & of course there is nothing in to have .... [emoji51]
I know it’s good not to @Layla & protein would be much better... but there is nothing I can even snack on healthily...oh dear...!!!!
Can’t be naughty even tho’ I want to be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hope you are getting better sleeps and naps. I seem to need to lie down in the afternoon with my elevation pillow and ice and fall asleep. I get really cold even with a blanket over me and sometimes use the heating pad just on the other side for heat. The elevating ends up hurting after 20 minutes so then I just sleep for a bit. It helps me stay up later at night. My sleep still is never more than 2-3 hours and then I always have to pee. Its a drag and this is new for me. Used to be once or twice a night. It is improving I notice though. and the short walk to the BR helps with pain or swelling I notice. Good luck.
I also was finally catching up on reading your posts (sorry) and the nerve pain out of the blue tends to have stopped except for once in awhile.
My husband also only gets what's on the list. The last 3 times he stays in the car and I zoom ( well not really that fast) to get the groceries. I love Trader Joe's and our local PCC which is a huge healthy store for vegetables. Cheaper than Whole Foods as we like to eat all organic vegetables if possible. I always buy us each a muffin or raisin bread as a treat. Also there is a great low fat ice cream that tastes good called Halo 280 if you can find it. Target and Fred Meyer, Safeway etc sell it.
Have a good day Sarah Bee.
 
@lotusbuds .... Yes, I excel at daytime naps but unfortunately, sleeping at night comes in fits and starts. I am still having pesky too frequent trips to the bathroom. I'm pretty sure I have never peed this much in my life. I fell asleep for a bit and now I have ice on my knee and my shin splint muscle. I have lots of lovely bruises and most of my aches and soreness seem centered there.

Will be interested to compare my OS to yours after I see him on May 7. I wonder if there is some gold standard for this approach and our recovery.

Enjoy your evening
 
:wave:my hippy friend.
Hope the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!
Re: the above dietetic conversation..
Dark chocolate and strawberries.:roseshwr:
Nothing bad for you there.
Quality dark chocolate is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese and a few other minerals.
Strawberries are bright red, juicy, and sweet.
They’re an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese and also contain decent amounts of folate (vitamin B9) and potassium.
Hope all continues to get better and better...:friends:
 
Sleep is good...restorative and necessary.
(Good luck with that...hard to stay comfy I know)
All temporary and we'll worth it.
Sweet Dreams...
 
My husband does not take a list to the grocery store and doesn't check on what we need before he goes so we often wind up with 3 of one thing and none of something else. I guess that's one way to make me do the shopping instead of him. I am pre-diabetic so my latest sweet fad is to spread graham crackers with low fat cream cheese and put berries on them - raspberries are my favorite . Kind of like a mini cheesecake.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom