THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Just catching up here, Sarah. I'm sorry you're struggling a bit.
It's good you have an appt tomorrow even though it sounds like things are leveling out.
Wondering if any meds you're taking caused the rise in bp?
Prayers you find out all is within the realm of normal tomorrow. I'll bet you'll receive that reassurance.

As far as side sleeping and foot position - I can only speak for myself, I use a body pillow from Target ($10)
that I place between my legs so it runs the entire length of my legs. My feet are one on top of the other, just as they would be laying on your side. Sometimes I draw my knee up so one leg is straight (the one on the mattress) while the other is semi bent. I didn't try this though for at least two months post op, only because I was afraid. Following is an article on side sleeping from the BoneSmart Library in case you haven't read it -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/thr-laying-on-my-back-when-can-this-be-done.32099/

I hope today is a good day. Wishing you comfort and a beautiful Easter Sunday!
@SarahBee
 
Thanks, @Layla I did chuckle because that last picture in the article is not how I define sleeping on my side. I'm more partial face plant person. :swoon:

Last night wss a restless night but I did manage to get some things under control. Pity party, just feel I will never get this worked out.

Happy, blessed Easter to you, Layla. Nice day here but a little cool.
 
I’m definitely a partial face planter too! Partly because direct pressure on my hips hurt so badly. Curious to see what evolves over the next few months!

Sorry you had a restless night. It’s so frustrating! It will resolve... but bad sleep is so hard to work through ☹️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy to see your swelling is improving. I need to follow your lead and spend day elevating. Hoping your blood pressure responds by coming down too. Wishing you a Happy Easter Sarah. :flwrysmile:
 
Well, I really felt absolutely decadent lying around. But I now have a foot instead of a lump and the calf, knee and thigh are also coming along. My blood pressure is down to reasonable but not where it was pre surgery.

Happy Easter to you, as well
 
Don’t ever feel foolish for being your own advocate @SarahBee
I’d always err on the side of caution.
I had a DVT that went to my lungs (PE) after a long haul flight... if I hadn’t gone to A&E they wouldn’t have treated it and I nearly didn’t!
At least it will put your mind st rest... and that is priceless in my book [emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I just had to try tonight when putting on my pajama pants. I did it but will wait a while to try again - I certainly was thinking about what I was doing every second :oyvey: I think you are really turning a corner over this weekend Sarah and I am super happy for you!
 
I learned the hard way when I knocked over a soda on the coffee table when I was about 2-3 weeks out. I leaned forward quickly to get everything off the table before it got wet and felt it for a few days!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom