THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone else sometimes feel their bionic hip is getting cold from their ice? Is that even possible? Isn 't there too much muscle and tissue? :shrug:
 
I feel like Jo has said that's impossible but to be sure, let's ask @Josephine to comment on that.
We'll all learn something....

I hope you slept well last night, Sarah and are having a good day so far.
Raining like cats and dogs here. It's a good thing though because I think it will melt the last traces of snow.
Snow still hanging around on Easter just feels and looks out of place.
Enjoy the day!
@SarahBee
 
I started off in bed, went to the recliner, and then back to bed last night, @Layla I managed to cobble together 5 or 6 hours of sleep. So feeling pretty good. Waiting for Home Health to get here to remove my surgical dressing. Will be my first view of the wound area. Makes no sense, as it is a done deal now but the prospect of seeing it makes me nervous. :eeeuw:

Oh, and it is a beautiful day here. Sun shine, slight breeze, high in low 70's!
 
The night wandering seems very common, restlessness, trying the bed, trying the recliner. Always reminds me of Goldilocks.
This one is too hard, this one is too soft...only difference is you don't always find the one that's just right!! :heehee:

I understand the apprehension in seeing the incision area for the first time. I was nervous to see my incision unveiled also. You can't help but wonder what it looks like underneath and want to get the old "looks good" from the nurse. Let us know how it goes.

I'm envious of the warm sunny day, sounds lovely. Enjoy!
@SarahBee
 
I got the "looks good" when she took the dressing off. Clean and dry. Yay! 4.5 inches long. No weeping, draining, etc.

Also graduated to a cane indoor, as tolerated. Walker only outside for now. She doesn't think I will need additional PT when we are finished.... So, yes!

Two weeks ago today, I started to get my life back. I feel like it is all on the mend. 15 years of pain and fear and dread. Blessed, so blessed! Excuse me, Imma gonna have a little cry. :boohoo:
 
Very happy for you Sarah! :loveshwr:
I also have a overwhelming feeling of gratitude and contentment most of the time. It can be a little hard to find if my pain is way up but I always come back to it :)
 
That's the thing, isn't it, @Carriemay60 .... Always come back to it. I've had some difficult and down days the last two weeks. But at the end of the day, the horrific pain is gone and I will move ahead, slowly and even one step ahead. But gonna make it!
 
Just another Sara (I tell people to get the "h" out of there) returning your visit and stopping by to say hello and Happy 2 week Hippiversary! Recovery won't be all forward and upward from here, but the trend will be there. Enjoy the good days and take care of yourself on the not so good days!

If you visit my old stomping grounds (the ODIC), be sure and pat my old beloved stool (I'm sure it still has a plaque with my name on it) - I fell off that stool a number of times. :heehee:

Take care of yourself and enjoy your new life!
 
Thank you so much! Yes, I'm sure I will fall into the ODIC occasionally. And I've read about two steps forward and one step back. I will keep this all in mind, going forward. Or backward. Now, if we can just get this sleep under control!
 
feel their bionic hip is getting cold from their ice? Is that even possible? Isn't there too much muscle and tissue?
No it isn't possible and yes there certainly is too much soft tissue to prevent it happening. In fact, so much, it's like it's got it's own little electric blanket in there!
 
Thanks, Jo. Logically, I knew that :yes: but as I have been sitting under the ice packs, at times I did wonder. :umm:
 
Today marks two weeks since my surgery. I wanted to list all the differences between then and now but simply did not have time. A day late but I will try to do that tomorrow. I want to keep this record. I think it will help on those days of one step back.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom