THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of going to my os to see if he will let me go back to work early. Because this not working is driving me nuts. Peace be with you
 
Warhorse. I have moments like that as well! Where I completely forget about my hip! It's great!! Glad you are progressing!
Meggzie Please keep me posted! Good luck!!!
 
Anyone have any big news??
You sound great, sandpiper , and I like the new avatar-- makes me wish I had the patience to do the upkeep on flower baskets LOL. Yeah, I had a new milestone yesterday-- i realized I didn't mind so much changing clothes! Of course this is loose summer wear, not skinny jeans, but i remember that total despair over having to put on/remove the jeans even once a day, so I count it a lovely milestone! :)
 
:friends: Hey sandpiper, nice new avatar! Very pretty. It makes me want to be there. Happy 5 weeks Hippie Twin!!!! I've had a crazy weekend. I put a new listing in, and thankfully, it's getting a lot of action. Yay for that!!! My kids are settling in to my house, and I'm trying to stay ahead of the "stuff" that's being accumulated in the general areas. I asked them to contain their stuff to their room or their storage unit. It just makes me less anxious if everything has it's own place. I'm biting my tongue a lot and reminding myself how blessed I am to be in a position to help my kids. This is tough, and to make it worse my SIL came home Friday, and shared that he's been layed off of work. My daughter works virtually, from home, and now my SIL will be here A LOT! :yikes: ... That was a momentary VENT.. I feel better now.

Saturday I did too much and paid the price when I went to bed. My knee on the new hip side was aching so bad that I couldn't sleep. At 3:00 am I took a lortab. By 6:00 I finally fell asleep. My knee?!?! really???

How are you doing?????:SUNsmile: :yes: :beer:
 
Warhorse you are where I'm dying to be - at the place where you actually forget about it for a bit. How many weeks (months) post-op are you? I wish you continued success........
 
sandpiper. I'm doing okay except for very sore thumbs from typing too much on the iPad, so have been mostly lurking.
Had visitors all weekend, including eight for brunch yesterday so am a tired. Had the cleaning bug before all the guests arrived but she flew away. The darn Blubber Fairy hasn't left in 40 years! Don't know how she has time to go anywhere else???
Glad you had a chance to visit your mom.
 
Warhorse you are where I'm dying to be - at the place where you actually forget about it for a bit. How many weeks (months) post-op are you? I wish you continued success........
Eight weeks tomorrow horsecrazy, I am way better than a month ago, but nowhere near healed. Baby steps to healing.
 
randy62. Hi Randy! When are you looking to go back to work? I get stir crazy as well but I am definitely not ready to be back at work! LeeApril26 sounds like you had a very busy weekend! Hope you can relax a bit this week!!! Goody2Shoes3 and zauberflöte. The new avatar is a picture I took two summers ago in Germany. Most of the houses have those beautiful window boxes! Soooo pretty!zauberflöte.....I get so frustrated getting dressed!!! I just want to bend over and put my socks on!! I also can't wait to shave my ENTIRE right leg!!! There is one small patch I can't reach because of the 90 degree angle restriction!!nmay51... Even tho I know you are so happy to help your daughter, I can imagine it must be very difficult giving up your space. You handle it well it seems! Sorry to hear you got so sore. Sometimes our body reminds us that we are still healing but considering we are a mere 5 weeks post-op, i think we are doing really good!!!! :)
 
I get so frustrated getting dressed!!! I just want to bend over and put my socks on!!

It will come! It starts with being able to reach down with your arms with your foot on the floor, then the foot starts to meet the hands half way... before you know it, it'll be a piece of cake! :thumb: In the meantime, do you have a sock aid? Mine was a godsend!

I posted an update over on my thread about my visit to the OS - I wont hijack your thread with the details tho...Ah! I need to learn how to link to threads.....Done! Added a link to my thread in my signature...
 
sandpiper, I was just feeling the same way as you.... why can't I do more etc. It hit me that we are only 35 days post op. Having said that, I'm taking today as a rest day. A little floating in the pool for me. Organizing my house because of my new house mates can wait, or be done by someone else. We must remember what was done to us and honor the recovery time. I'm speaking to myself as much as you. Rest, ice, elevation, medication and I'm throwing exercise in now. I still remember what my OS said... the bone doesn't begin to adhere to the prosthesis until 8 weeks post op. I'm gonna chill for a while, or at least slow down. :friends: Remember, we'll never have to recover from this hip replacement again, hippie twin:yay:

Nancy
 
Meggzie. Post on my thread ANY old time!!! Your updates are always welcome! How did you add that link to your signature??? I have NO idea how to do that! Lol. I'm going to head over to read your updates now!!!
 
nmay51 thank you for your post my dear friend. You said all the right words I needed to hear. Somehow when I say them to myself they don't count but hearing it from you made me perk up and listen. You are so right!!! And if worst case scenario and we ever need the left hip done.... Hey at least we know at most we can only have to do it ONE more time.... Then we're out of hips!!! :loll: :yes!:
 
Meggzie. I do have a sock aid but I wear those little short socks withy sneakers and go figure, every time I pull the cords the sock ends up on my toes but off the heels! Lol gezzz!!! The thing is....I bet I could bend way down but I'm not allowed because of the 90 degree rule. I don't think i'd be in pain. So frustrating but....like everyone tells me ( and they done call you guys " Bonesmarties" for naught) I just have to relax and let it happen. :)
 
sandpiper I LOVE your new avatar...what a stunning pony!

To link to your thread in your signature...

First copy the URL for your thread...its
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/sandpiper-sails-over-to-the-other-side.20115/

Then, go in to edit your signature and type in what you want the link to look like ("My recovery thread....or whatever else you like) and then highlight what you just typed. You'll see that the little chain link icon at the top of the editing box becomes active when you highlight. Click on the icon and paste the URL into the text box. Click on insert, then save your new signature and you're done!:yay:
 
Meggzie, I just followed your instructions and "my thread" worked perfectly. Thanks! I couldn't figure out how to do that... mystery solved!!

Nancy
 
Meggzie. I'm going to give it a try and see if I can link the thread. Cross your fingers!!! Isn't that a beautiful horse!!!! I have a board on Pinterest with all horse photos. Way back somewhere in an earlier post I put up some pics of our mare. Don't know if you ever saw them.
 
Meggzie I did it! Ha!!! Your instructions were amazing. I would never have figured that out on my own! I even got a bit fancy with the font color! LOL
 
Hi all! Today I had a slight panic attack thinking about going back to work. Even tho I feel amazingly good I got nervous just thinking about going back to my 11-11 1/2 hr. work days. I know my stamina is no where near normal and I just wonder when it will be. Working with the little kids I do a lot of squatting and sitting on the floor. Even if I pull up a grown up chair, I will need to bend way down when working with the Kindergarteners at their tiny tiny tables! My pt told me on Monday that sometimes the bending way forward restrictions stays in place for a very longtime. His mom just had her hip replaced and she was told never to bend forward and to the side. Only forward with her head down between her knees. I have to admit I am also a bit apprehensive about a student running into me. That's what caused all this traumatic OA in the first place and the hip dislocation. I just want to be really sure I am healed well on the inside before I jump back in with both feet. Poppet, how long is it before the internal healing is complete? I did hear that the bone just starts growing around the prosthesis at about week 8. ok....am I getting neurotic??? I feel so protected here in my little cocoon at home. Today I just relaxed at home. My PT on Monday was pretty strenuous and I kept up with it on Tuesday. Today I was pretty sore so I only did my PT once today. They want me to run through all of the exercise twice a day, 7 days per week but I left out the second session today. Instead I took the dog for a nice long walk and just relaxed. I wish the weather here would warm up. It's been cold, rainy and gloomy! Feels like fall rather than summer!! I can't believe our kids go back to school in 3 weeks! I'll be 8 weeks post-op and I just don't think I'll be ready to go back in a couple of weeks. I also drive an hr. each way to work so my days are 13- 13 1/2 hr.s long. YIKES!!!!! Can you tell I'm stressing??? Ha!! Ok...I better relax and get some sleep now that I've vented for the last 30 minutes!! Thanks for listening!!!:yawn:
 
Hi sandpiper Good job on the signature...it looks great! And yes, I do seem to recall a very pretty, very happy looking chestnut mare, if I remember rightly she was a rescue case? Lucky pony to have ended up in such a great place!

nmay51 glad the instructions worked for you too!

Sandpiper, I think that 12-13 hour days with all that driving will be a big ask at 8 weeks. The energy drain is still a big factor at that stage of recovery. Is there any way at all that you could phase your return to work? Maybe a couple weeks of half days? I remember my first half day back at 6 weeks and I was a wreck by mid afternoon. Of course, we are all different in our recovery, but I do hope you can ease back in gently. Slowly does it :kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom