THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww, aren't you sweet nmay51 Nancy. Our posts just crossed, but you're also the perfect friend to have!
I appreciate so much your cheerleading for me (pom poms) and your postive outlook for my recovery. I do hope you're right! I'm not feeling so optimistic myself right now, so I can use your help staying on track. :friends:

You sound like you've gained a lot of insight and growth since your sky diving experience. It's to your credit that you can look at that time without bitterness, but appreciation for what it taught you. You're right - you are a better person now. Not everyone can take life's challenges and turn them into life lessons that help them grow. Good for you.
 
sandpiper hahahaha :heehee: I like that - sexy, beautiful..okay, sounds good to me. I've never seen that show, but I can just imagine!
You're right about BS, it's too bad we don't live near each other, then we can have a real, in-person support group!
 
I do hope you're right! I'm not feeling so optimistic myself right now, so I can use your help staying on track. :friends:
It's all about hope.... grab it and hold on tight. Also, be your own best advocate. Treat yourself as you would treat your own best friend. Think of how you'd rally, and fight for your best friend, and do that for yourself. Your are worth it my friend. :friends:

Nancy
 
:console2: sandpiper I feel so bad for not catching the post about your friend. Suicide is a really rough thing for the family and friends left behind. I will keep them and you in my prayers!
I love the interaction between you, nmay51 & ByGosh. What a great group of hippy buddies and support you have been for each other! You crack me up. :martini: :loll:
 
nmay51. You will have to watch it!!! Monday night at 10:00 p.m.! I want to be " Savy" short for Savanah mainly because she's short and curvy which I have never been! I'm built more like Savy's cooky sister, tall and skinny. Savy is sexy plus I love her Australian hunk of a hubby and the guy at the office that she had an affair with is pretty darn great looking too! But hey.... If you pick Savy, no problem.... Afterall we ARE twins.... Right???!!! :dancy:
Shadow09.....uhhhhh......girl.... You are one of us too!!! Just jump right in! We love company!!! :yay: :yay: and thank you for your kind support. Senseless tragedy and one that is very difficult to understand. This site helps in more ways than we ever expect. I've found THR surgery support but more importantly I have found true friends who care about each other in all aspects of each others lives. It's pretty darn special! :thankyou:
 
You are one of us too!!! Just jump right in! We love company!!!
sandpiper is so right Shadow09 !! We're all in this together- to help, support and care about each other - and to make each other laugh and have a little fun. After all, who understands what we're going through better than another THR person? :friends:
 
sandpiper said: ↑
You are one of us too!!! Just jump right in! We love company!!!​
sandpiper is so right Shadow09 !! We're all in this together- to help, support and care about each other - and to make each other laugh and have a little fun. After all, who understands what we're going through better than another THR person? :friends:

@ shadow09 and the rest of the crew... My sentiments exactly... :)

Nancy
 
Awwww - you guys!!!! Hugs!!! I do feel like I have found some special friends in this group!!! :friends: You have not given up on me . . . even on my most gritchy days!! :flwrysmile:
 
Poppet ByGosh zauberflöte Shadow09. Ok. So... I was wondering.... Aside from the obvious ones... How did everyone choose their user name for on here? I chose Sandpiper because my favorite place to be at sunrise is on the beech. The sky slowly changes from black to a beautiful orange and with it come the sandpipers scurrying along the beach. They seem to relish in the beauty of the transformation from night to day. I always wanted to be one of them . How lucky they are to see the sunrise from that beautiful vantage point every day!! So.....Shadow....how did you choose your name? I know there are some great stories here to be told!
 
I chose my name, Butterfly, because that's how I'll feel when I get my hips fixed, Right now I'm the caterpillar, but by the first of next year I will be that beautiful butterfly, flitting around from flower to flower on a sunny morning with NO MORE PAIN!
 
Butterfly. How fitting! And so true! That's exactly how you will feel! That's why I changed avatar right after surgery from a sandpiper to a picture of a butterfly. I had emerged into something more beautiful . I can't wait to see you fly, butterfly! Thanks for sharing that! :)
 
Butterfly. You have inspired me to upload a new butterfly picture. This one has 2 butterflies. Signifies friendship as well but this would be a great one for you with you two new hips!!! :wink:
 
sandpiper I chose the name Goody2Shoes3 because it was just the first thing that popped into my head when I was signing up. My son and I had shared that as a password ten years ago. I immediately regretted it though as I didn't think of myself as a Goody2Shoes. However ByGosh told me it made her think of someone with two shoes dancing after her hip replacement and I liked that.
 
sandpiper Awww, you're too sweet. It is a beautiful rose, isn't it? It was in an arrangement I received as a Get Well gift. There were all different colored roses, so pretty.

nmay51 You're too funny. I wish we could smell it. :) I have to check your thread, as I posted about food and gave you a recipe link. Just curious how your tofu with peanut sauce dinner came out? Sounds delicious.
Some of my lovely British friends have posted about two different cheeses that I am not familiar with here in the US and I wonder if either of you ladies seen or used them? One is halloumi, from Cyprus originally and found in Middle Eastern stores. The other is paneer, an Indian cheese. I've eaten paneer in Indian food, and it's like a tofu in a way, but made from milk. Never had halloumi, which is supposed to be great on the grill or fried, as it doesn't melt unless the temp is really high.
I'm interested to try them and since my husband has to do the shopping for me, I don't know if he could find them at our grocery store. And I hate to send him on a hunt, as he does enough now!
 
Goody2Shoes3 wow!!! That ByGosh really has an amazing perspective on life. It comes across even on here! I love it!! And I think it is perfect for you!!! Now....I wonder where " ByGosh" came from? :scratch:
 
nmay51 To my dear friend and hippie twin sister! We are 4 weeks out today! Can you even believe it? All the worry, anxiety, and at least for me, downright fear! I just couldn't believe I needed THR surgery! I was so worried I'd somehow notice that a piece of me was missing/different. Prior to the surgery just thinking about it made me want to puke! And then I woke up in recovery feeling 100% better even at that point than I did prior to! I have been grateful ever since to live on a time where undue suffering no longer has to be a way of life! And my hip looks and feels like it's just part of me!!!! With the exception of a thin 3 inch scar that reminds me that not so long ago I was confined to a couch and in extreme pain. I am so happy for both of us Nancy. We have been blessed with good recoveries and the good fortune of making great friends! Happy 4 week anniversary my friend! :kittykiss: :egypdance: :cheers2: :friends:
 
:yahoo: sandpiper, I couldn't agree more! I had experienced a total range of emotion... a lot like grief. I was totally petrified! I was in denial, I tried negotiating with the power that be, I was angry, I even made promises to prevent the inevitable, all to no avail. And Someone up there knew better than me. My life would flourish as a result of getting my new hip and new lease on life. I've been getting busier, and having such a zest for life. Much more than I had for over a year. I love waking up excited about my day. I haven't felt that in a while. I was up and working at a customer's house by 9:00 this morning. I ran a few easy errands after that. I was home by 11:00 making creamy broccoli soup for my daughter who was sick and then I had time for a rest/nap after lunch. At 5:00 I stopped by a friend's house that I hadn't seen since before my surgery. It was such a sweet girl time together. Now I'm ready for a good night sleep. This in just a mere 4 weeks since THR. Who would have thought!!!

I'm a much nicer person these days, loving my new lease on life that's mostly pain free. I still have those first 5-10 steps that are painful and hence the need for the cane. I will accept that as temporary with a smile because 5-10 steps are a whole lot better than a day filled with pain with no movement at all. I'm sleeping better too.

Yes, my hippie twin, we have much to be thankful for. Much to celebrate!!! Cheers to us and Happy Anniversary to our new hips!:happydance: :martini: :yahoo: :cheers:

Sweet Dreams!

Nancy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom