Guest viewing is limited

THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psst sandpiper. While I also suggest not to purposely over do it, remember it is your body and nobody know it like you do., push yourself as hard as you can without crossing over that threshold. My PT guy has given me exercises that strengthen the gluteus mediums for control on stairs and for better form in all aspects or forward motion. He has also given me the name of a guru out of Cali by the name of Christopher powers that is really into the gait and hip control. Good to hear from you pea e be with you
 
randy62 tx for your help! I'd be very interested in knowing more about the gait and hip control. Do you have any info about that?
 
It sounds like you are doing just great sandpiper and I'm so pleased for you, it really is a miracle isn't it!! I'm also going from strength to strength and so very happy to be rid of all the pain I had, to the point that I now don't need to take any painkillers or NAIDS any more. :)
 
Hi sandpiper - Sorry I havent been around much in the last week or so. I've been a little pre-occupied with preparing for and starting recovery from my left hip scope - all good so far! And it looks like it's full steam ahead for you too. Way to go!:yay:
 
Meggzie you sound really good! Im so glad everything went well! Gezzzzz you have had a lot going on these last few months but you are always so upbeat and positive! I hope ever day gets better and better!!
 
Hi all! Haven't been here much. Still doing the PT which is like a full time job! I feel really good except for headaches which have been a problem since day one. Otherwise the hip is great! I hope all of you are doing well also! I'm not getting alerts for some reason but please let me know how you are all doing!
 
Just thought I'd drop in on all of my favorite Bonesmarties!!! Too many names to add! You all know who you are! Life is moving forward and I'm finally beginning to actually "forget" my hip ......sometimes! Ha! I've been so blessed and am ever grateful for everyone's support. This has been a difficult year but 2014 will be awesome! I feel it in my bones! (hip!!! lol) I wish all of you well. I do check in on all of your recovery sites and when I do...know that I am saying a big "WHHHOOOOHOOOO" everytime i hear good news! I can't believe it's October and the temperatures are dropping drastically. Where did the summer go? Like many of you who had your surgeries in the summer...I feel like I missed an entire season of my life. The good news is that it's behind me and I'm looking forward to moving on!!! :yay: So join me for a nice hot cocoa on my livingroom sofa, in front of the fireplace! We ca catch up on all of our progress and just revel in the warmth of the company of dear friends who are forever "joined at the hip"!!!! nmay51........I miss you hippie twin! Saw your photo on Linkedin. Your so beautiful! ( Good thing ya didn't get my looks in the gene pool hippie twin! LOL)
 
sandpiper hiya hippie buddy how re ya :)
Longtime no write! I just went back to work 2 weeks ago & boy is my right ankle swollen :gaah:
Other than that all is well & have not felt any pain! :dancy:
Sleep is ok here & there, but limp is 80% gone & can walk & stand lots!!! Just ankle swells but, thats part of healing. :happydance:
Glad your doing well & sooo nice to hear from you :yay:
Keep up the good work & happy healing :cheers:
 
adobo Hi!!! Soooo good to hear from you! Sounds like you are getting back to normal! 80% sounds pretty darned good! It is a long process but as long as were going forward and not backwards I'm thinking it's all good! Great to hear from you!!! :kittykiss:
 
Great update sandpiper! Don't be a stranger now!
 
So glad to hear you're doing well!!! And I'm glad you came back to tell us so. You know, posts from successful members like you make so much difference for our new members and the guests who just read the forum and never join. They NEED to hear there is life after surgery. So don't hesitate to post any time. We're always glad to hear from you.
 
adobo, Jamie, Jaycey, Meggzie, Littlejem, randy62, How are all of my Bomesmart buddies??? I miss our daily chats but I know it just means we are all moving forward with our "normal" lives. That's a good thing!! What a long process but I've learned so much about being patient and persistent! Is everyone back to work and doing ok??? I'm going back soon and have my reservations about the 11 /12 hr. days but I am sooooo mentally ready to re:enter the world of the productive human being it's not even funny!! Life is good. I have been so blessed by having had this opportunity to meet all of you and share our stories. You guys are the best!! Love you all!!!:puppysmooze:
 
LeeApril26, flowergirl, How are you doing??? Hope all is well and your recoveries are moving along just fine!! Hard to believe it's been so long since we started this adventure! "Adventure"????LOL well...it certainly has been an adventure of sorts! Life is good tho and I miss chatting with all of you. As we get back to normal our lives get busier so we start seeing less of each other here but I know that's a good thing. Just always stay in touch! I want to read about everyone's life and how it's going!!! Miss you guys!!:puppysmooze:
 
Well, we'll always be here when you have a few moments to stop by and say hi. It's good to hear what you're up to. But we really do want all our members to get back to living their lives after surgery. So we completely understand that can mean precious little time for forum chats. However.....we always have a New Year's Eve party where we hope people can find time to check in with us and report how they are doing.
 
Jamie, Thanks for your reply!! I'll be sure to check in!!! I have a question tho....I still have a little soreness at the incision site. Feels kinda like sore muscles around it and it's still a bit tender to the touch. Also feel some popping when I walk....I-T band snapping over the bone I think? And definitely a little stiffness since the temperatures have dropped. Does that sound normal?? Sorry to pick your brain!
 
sandpiper, hiya buddy, nice to hear from you!!!!! I'm doing ok went back to work oct7th I work in the mailroom at chase bank & it has
60 floors. I do 6 Floors, each floor is one block long in length :yikes:
I go up 5 times a day ......doing runs, delivering mail, picking up mail/boxes mostly standing & lots& lots of walking!
For 9 hrs a day not including 4 subway trains a day. I'm am telling you this cause, if I can do all that & still be fine.
YOULL BE FINE!!!!!!! You can expect your ankles to swell up a bit but, after 3-4 weeks they simmered down & returned to normal! :happydance: but I rushed & didnt do light work. Went right back to normal duties... Now I payed for it yesterday I miss-stepped
Up a wheelchair ramp & my bad leg rod sent shockwaves through my body :groan: But thats just an accident that can happen to anyone.
Thank god for heating pads & ice!!!!! Just resting thigh today stayed home boss was ok with it. I'm just saying take it slow & dont let what happened to me happen to you! Someone else's mistake can enlighten others! :cheers: :no-fin:
So after this LONG post my point is you'll be fine & work will be good for your mind/body just take it slow my friend :)
Hope your healing well & wishing the best on your return to work. May you & your Family have a wonderful thanksgiving. Ttys buddy :yay:
 
Your surgery was just in July, so what you're experiencing with the tenderness and noises are completely normal. It takes your body a while to heal completely and to get used to its new parts. When you put a hard implant up against soft tissue, there are bound to be a few noises for a while until things settle down. Don't be concerned unless you experience pain with the movement.
 
Ouch adobo hope the rest is helping... That is a heavy workout job you have :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom